Why Gruden was fired...

Alphadawg7

The owners interviewed their PLAYERS and the players said they don't trust Gruden and do not think they can win with him. Gruden was so blindsided that he just hired a coordinator FROM THE LIONS (what an idiot) 2 hours before he got canned...

Gruden did nothing but ruin a powerhouse, lose his players, and run the best players out of town in TB...

Losing record over his last 6 seasons

Players don't like him or trust him and voted him out

Only had back to back winning seasons once in 7 years (this year and last year, and missed playoffs this year)

9-3 then loses 4 straight, including last one against Raiders where a win gets him in playoffs, to miss playoffs

Give him lots of personnel power when they hire him...wind up with terrible drafts and poor Free Agencies

Never developed a QB in Oakland or TB

Mismanaged his QB's worse than Buffalos handling of JP

Yet, everyone is clamoring for this overrated guy...lmao...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...on the cheap. <_<

He might have a hard time finding a job in the next 2 seasons...most jobs are filled already or close to being filled and in 2010 he will have to contend with having Cowher, Holmgren, Shannahan and maybe even Dungy to get a job. Not to mention there are still some coordinators that will surface as candidates as they always do, and there are other potential coaches that might also become front runners for jobs if they seek them like Mariucci, Fassel, and maybe even Marty.

His players didnt like em, and they voted him out and even some of his former players are taking pleasure in his firing...

That can't bode well in a job search. Plus, there likely wont be many job openings in 2010, at least compared to the turnover we had this year.

Dungy will not be back. He had the perfect situation other than location in Indianapolis.

I suspect you might be right, but he is still young enough that I dont know if he can stay away. We will see, but you very well could be right and we may never see him coach again or even sit several years.

Could be similar to Jimmy Johnson...plenty of coaching left in him too, but he stayed away. I wonder if teams ever call him during their coaching searches each year to see if he has any interest in considering getting back into coaching...

I mean are we just trying to be a contrarian because it's fun or what?

"Never developed a QB" - yah Gannon was a stud before he took over Oakland.

"What the players said" - yawn - the players in St. Louis petitioned to bring Haslett back after going 2-10; and we know how our players feel about Dick.

9-7 is 9-7 whether you start 9-3 or 5-7. They are probably the least talented team in the division and if you want to argue that is his fault fine; that doesn't mean they're better off without him as opposed to retaining him & delegating personnel to somebody else.

It's also the same people in charge who inexplicably gave up 1,000 draft picks to get him in the first place instead of Dungy; so it's not the first time they've screwed up a hiring/firing.

Interesting quote:

But Callahan soon revealed that he was Barry Switzer Lite, taking a team to the Super Bowl on another coach's fumes, and the Raiders descended into a tedious brand of chaos.

It could also have said:

But Gruden soon revealed that he was Tony Dungy Lite, taking a team to the Super Bowl on another coach's fumes using knowledge of the Raiders and then after Superbowl descending into medocracy.

The owners interviewed their PLAYERS and the players said they don't trust Gruden and do not think they can win with him. Gruden was so blindsided that he just hired a coordinator FROM THE LIONS (what an idiot) 2 hours before he got canned...

Gruden did nothing but ruin a powerhouse, lose his players, and run the best players out of town in TB...

Only had back to back winning seasons once in 7 years (this year and last year, and missed playoffs this year)

9-3 then loses 4 straight, including last one against Raiders where a win gets him in playoffs, to miss playoffs

Give him lots of personnel power when they hire him...wind up with terrible drafts and poor Free Agencies

Uh wait a minute. Lets not forget that Gruden did what Dungy could'nt in Tampa...win a superbowl!

Uh wait a minute. Lets not forget that Gruden did what Dungy could'nt in Tampa...win a superbowl!

Thats speculation to say that Dungy wouldnt have also won the Superbowl that same year if he coached the Bucs instead of Gruden that year. Gruden gets too much credit for that win...Mularkey could have coached that team that year and still had a shot at SB...that D was sick and the offense was solid.

Thats speculation to say that Dungy wouldnt have also won the Superbowl that same year if he coached the Bucs instead of Gruden that year. Gruden gets too much credit for that win...Mularkey could have coached that team that year and still had a shot at SB...that D was sick and the offense was solid.

As someone who has always defended Schottenheimer, I don't really believe in "clutch coaching" myself. But it is a lot of hindsight to say the offense was solid. Their OL/RB combo was maybe the worst of all-time for a SB winner and Brad Johnson while solid, certainly wasn't the greatest QB to compensate for that. They were destroyed @Philly the two previous years.

Gruden will be in NY soon, unfortunatly it wont be with the bills! Living in Tampa, about 2 Mins from Raymond James Stadium, I must say that all the "Real" Bucs fans wanted to see him go, all the poser Tampa Fans adored him because he looked like Chucky! Sorry to say, but he didn't know how to "Build" a Team! Unfortunatly in the past 8 years, Buffalo has been a breeding ground for good players, but they move onto other teams after 4 years with the franchise. The Bucs need new talent, the Bills need a good coaching and some luck. Hopefully this year will be "Simple Dick's" Kick in the Ass!

Wow. Pretty eye-opening stuff. I hadn't followed him closely since he left the Raiders. I had always liked him when he was here in Oakland,thought Al Davis made a mistake in letting him get away. The W-L record really surprises me,I always thought of him as a winning coach. If Jauron flops again next year I would still consider him but be very cautious.

Exciting news - the inmates run the asylum known as the Tampa Bay Buccanears. Mark this, that team will be a medicore team like the Bills for years. Chuckie is a good coach - todays players are whinney little b-tches... They shoulld fear their coach.... I am not saying this appraoch is applicable in all business, but the NFL andmost major sports - damn straight.