Scouts Inc top 32

Beerball

Pettigrew would take pressure off of everyone on the offense. Insert Pettirgew and Trent has a safety valve. A guy who can catch underneath stuff and take it up the seam. This means less double coverage on Evans. It also opens up the run game. A pass catching tight end is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

A big slow tight end isn't exactly what I'd have in mind for a first round pick.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Millen were still there would there be any doubt about Crabtree being the pick?

Really can't see them selecting a D-tackle at #1, but ya never know.

Crabtree could be the "Matt Millen memorial" pick for them--perhaps showing the fans that the Lions too believe in continuity.

If Raji is as advertised on this board (I haven't seen him play), why wouldn't you take him at #1? A dominant DT that can play in a 3-4 or 4-3--that seems pretty rare and a sure-fire hit on a pick. If I'm the Lions, I don't necessarily go for the best player--but instead the best player that carries the least risk of busting.

Its close, but I'd probably take BJ Raji at 11, with Everette Brown as my 2nd choice at that spot. IMO, Raji is the best defensive player in this draft and while the Bills have a somewhat bigger need at DE, I don't think I could pass on an elite DT.

To me, it's kinda hard to say that someone with zero NFL experience can be considered elite.

They made that mistake once before with Ngata and its one I hope they don't repeat.

Also hard to say....Ngata looks good in Baltimore, but would we expect that our defense would be so much better with him?

To me, it's kinda hard to say that someone with zero NFL experience can be considered elite.

Also hard to say....Ngata looks good in Baltimore, but would we expect that our defense would be so much better with him?

How about an elite college talent this year & the consensus best at his position, would you find that acceptable?

Did you really ask the question about Ngata?

Did you really ask the question about Ngata?

It's a legit question. In Baltimore, he has LBs like Ray Lewis (legendary in his pursuit of ballcarriers and has a knack for making big plays), Bart Scott (fierce hitter and pass rusher), and Terrell Suggs (as good as they come @ defending the pass in the flat and also one heck of a pass rusher) playing alongside him. Not to say that he isn't talented and wouldn't be an upgrade, but w/ the (lack of) talent 'round him were he to have been selected by the Bills, I don't know how much of a factor he'd be.

It's a legit question. In Baltimore, he has LBs like Ray Lewis (legendary in his pursuit of ballcarriers and has a knack for making big plays), Bart Scott (fierce hitter and pass rusher), and Terrell Suggs (as good as they come @ defending the pass in the flat and also one heck of a pass rusher) playing alongside him. Not to say that he isn't talented and wouldn't be an upgrade, but w/ the (lack of) talent 'round him were he to have been selected by the Bills, I don't know how much of a factor he'd be.

but if you remember, the Ravens defense struggled mightily (by their standards) before Ngata was drafted. Ngata in effect was the non sexy pick that made Ray Lewis, Suggs and Bart Scott look better. There is no doubt in my mind that Ngata would fit in any scheme and would improve any defense that he would be a part of.

Kinda like how good McCargo looked in college playing next to Mario Williams.

Pettigrew was hurt much of the past year. His junior season the Big 12 Coaches voted him All-Big 12 over guys like Coffman, Rucker and Gresham.

I'm not sold on the Bills drafting him with the 11th pick but wouldn't be too upset either. The fact of the matter is that he is by far the best TE in this draft but the Bills have other needs also. Pettigrew won't be there in the second.

As far as the character concerns, Pettigrew screwed up once in his college career. Other than that incident he has not been in any other off the field incidents. He is a great lockerroom guy also.

I wish there was a better video on youtube of this play, but check out the link below at the 3 minute mark. This is not the best angle for the play I have seen but it is the only one on youtube. Pettigrew (he is No. 87) makes one of the most impressive plays by a TE to win a game I have ever seen. He makes a great catch, out runs 3 or 4 defenders and stiff arms a couple more to go about 50 yards for a go ahead score with under a minute left.

Also, if anyone read Peter Kings' MMQB this Monday he quotes a scout who said Pettigrew was one of the top 3 players he saw at the senior bowl.

Pettigrew

Nice to see you posting here Coach Jauron.

so you are saying that if we do re-sign greer, and we show no efforts in extending mcgee...you would be comfortable going into 2010 with Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner as our Starters?

Maybe we could bring back Kennard Cox!

And let's plan on taking Taylor Mays in 2010 when DJ goes at best goes 7-9 again. That way, we'll have first round picks at each secondary position: Whitner, Mays, McKelvin, and Jenkins. Oh happy days!

Ummmmm...I would take that Secondary over almost any other Secondary in the NFL. In a heartbeat!

Speed, strength, size, toughness, tackling ability to stuff the run, coverage abilities...they would be tough to beat.