kind of ironic that gruden got canned

2 months ago, The University of Tennessee offered Jon Gruden, the head coaching job, told them he was happy in Tampa Bay, a week later, they gave the head coaching spot, to Jon Gruden's defensive coordinators son Lane Kiffin, and Monte Kiffin goes along with him. Now Jon Gruden gets canned, some what ironic, maybe thinking he probably should have taken the University of Tennessee Head Coaching position. But a little more Ironic, that the Mike Holmgren calling it quits happen on a ripple effect with Jon Gruden getting fired, and Hot Dog Reid could possibly be on his way out of philly, if he doesn't win either and oh yeah We keep Dick Jauron. A little strange thought there!

2 months ago, The University of Tennessee offered Jon Gruden, the head coaching job, told them he was happy in Tampa Bay, a week later, they gave the head coaching spot, to Jon Gruden's defensive coordinators son Lane Kiffin, and Monte Kiffin goes along with him. Now Jon Gruden gets canned, some what ironic, maybe thinking he probably should have taken the University of Tennessee Head Coaching position. But a little more Ironic, that the Mike Holmgren calling it quits happen on a ripple effect with Jon Gruden getting fired, and Hot Dog Reid could possibly be on his way out of philly, if he doesn't win either and oh yeah We keep Dick Jauron. A little strange thought there!

lol, how many Gruden threads are you gonna start Yasin?

lol, how many Gruden threads are you gonna start Yasin?

I've grown a custom to his face! no I'm kidding. It's just shocking to see him get canned. I thought he'd be a lifer there, but this is my last Jon Gruden starting topic, can't promise but will try. But seriously don't you think he's regretting not taking the Tennessee job?

I've grown a custom to his face! no I'm kidding. It's just shocking to see him get canned. I thought he'd be a lifer there, but this is my last Jon Gruden starting topic, can't promise but will try. But seriously don't you think he's regretting not taking the Tennessee job?

I dont think he regrets it...if he wanted to be a college coach he would have took the job. He's an NFL coach and I don't see him jumping ship...

While I love UT - Gruden belongs in the pro game. I do not think he would be a good college coach.

Can I ask you a question? No, I'm not going to ask why you keep creating threads about Jon Gruden. What I want to ask you is, if you were a head coach and your team was 7-3 (2 months ago to this day), would you even consider an offer to coach a college team? Seriously, think about your ridiculously strange thought.

Also, Andy Reid is in no danger of losing his job.

If only DJ had a "first year SB run" with Buffalo. Maybe then, your point would have some substance.

lmao...lets see, Gruden cant get his Raiders to SB, leaves, and Raiders make SB. Same year, Gruden takes team FAVORED TO WIN SB BEFORE HE ARRIVES and wins SB with a team that someone else built.

Hmmm....yeah he must be great, it wasnt the fact that he took over the best team in football that year...

Still laugh at this too because people say he did what Dungy didnt do...well the guy who took over for him in Oakland did what he couldnt do in Oakland...get to the SB...what a stupid argument...

lmao...lets see, Gruden cant get his Raiders to SB, leaves, and Raiders make SB. Same year, Gruden takes team FAVORED TO WIN SB BEFORE HE ARRIVES and wins SB with a team that someone else built.

Hmmm....yeah he must be great, it wasnt the fact that he took over the best team in football that year...

Still laugh at this too because people say he did what Dungy didnt do...well the guy who took over for him in Oakland did what he couldnt do in Oakland...get to the SB...what a stupid argument...

Vegas really has an impact on you.

Gruden takes team "FAVORED TO WIN SB BEFORE HE ARRIVES," as if that's his fault.

And you also claim he took over the "best team in football that year..." but you refuse to mention the guy that replaced him in Oakland, isn't even in the league now. In fact, in Grudens' last year in Oakland, the game he couldn't get to as you reference was single handledly because of the "tuck rule."

C'mon man, you're trying too hard. For a guy who claims to have played Pac-10 football, you are acting like some lifelong Dick Jauron fan. Give it up...

Nobody seems to be mentioning the fact that his Raiders team definately could've been in the super bowl the year before had the stupid Tuck Rule game not gone the way it did.

Freakish things took place and the red-hot pats went on to upset the greatest show on turf. The Pats don't get that call, things could be much different.

that SB run was a result of tony dungys work not chuckies

No, Dungy simply couldn't get the Bucs over the hump even with a load of talent in it's prime. His canning was a work of brilliance by an owner that could understand Dungy's limitations as a coach. Peyton Manning wasn't going to fall into Tampa's lap, so they sprung for a coach who could make Rich Gannon into a league MVP, win a SB with Brad Johnson and so on. Dungy would never have gotten it done in Tampa. They were over the hill when Gruden took over and he proved his worth by getting them to do all the things Dungy could not, specifically winning on the road and playing good offensive football.

Dungy did a good job getting Tampa off the mat, but he's never been a finisher and his teams routinely disappointed in the playoffs. People forget, they damn near blew that one AFC Championship they did win against a flu stricken Pats team. Their subsequent SB win was an uninspiring effort against a very inferior NFC opponent. Dungy is decent, but very overrated. Gruden has had some down seasons in Tampa, but the guy squeezed a lot of wins out of a roster that rarely impressed anyone. He is a great coach. Wherever he goes, the QB position will be a strength and that's half the battle.

No, Dungy simply couldn't get the Bucs over the hump even with a load of talent in it's prime. His canning was a work of brilliance by an owner that could understand Dungy's limitations as a coach. Peyton Manning wasn't going to fall into Tampa's lap, so they sprung for a coach who could make Rich Gannon into a league MVP, win a SB with Brad Johnson and so on. Dungy would never have gotten it done in Tampa. They were over the hill when Gruden took over and he proved his worth by getting them to do all the things Dungy could not, specifically winning on the road and playing good offensive football.

Dungy did a good job getting Tampa off the mat, but he's never been a finisher and his teams routinely disappointed in the playoffs. People forget, they damn near blew that one AFC Championship they did win against a flu stricken Pats team. Their subsequent SB win was an uninspiring effort against a very inferior NFC opponent. Dungy is decent, but very overrated. Gruden has had some down seasons in Tampa, but the guy squeezed a lot of wins out of a roster that rarely impressed anyone. He is a great coach. Wherever he goes, the QB position will be a strength and that's half the battle.

I was so fooled by Rob Johnson that I thought Gruden would salvage his career. :wallbash:

The job Gruden did with Gannon was unreal. For years I thought that Gannon sucked; all of a sudden he was in the probowl.