Deja vu all over again

I love NFL football, but this whole new stadium thing is killing me. The Vikings need a new stadium? The Homer Dome was opened in 1982! It's 27 years old and needs to be replaced? That's ridiculous. The Ralph is only 38 years old. It would probably stand for another 25,000 years if left alone.

If a team can sell out all of it's games and be one of the top sellers of NFL merchandise and get 8 million for playing one game in Toronto, but can't survive financially without the tax payers building them a new stadium, somethings wrong with your business model.

It's not just the NFL, it's also the NBA and MLB. Seattle lost it's team becuase an arena that was refurbished 10 years ago was not good enough and couldn't generate enough revenue.

'Semcken said he and Roski have identified at least eight teams -- including the Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings -- that need a new stadium but are playing in cities unlikely to provide one.'

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=760520

I am biased becuase I live in LA, so I say bring em here...lol

I would love to have the Bills here...they wouldnt have to even change the name becuase LA is full of a bunch of over spender with lots of credit "bills"...hahaha, so the name would fit...maybe change the logo to look like a credit card statement...

'Semcken said he and Roski have identified at least eight teams -- including the Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings -- that need a new stadium but are playing in cities unlikely to provide one.'

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=760520

This line from the article pretty much says it all:

"The sausage-shaped city is a 12-square-mile maze of warehouses, factories, strip malls and topless bars along two freight rail lines and a major freeway."

City of Industry is a boil on the behind of LA. Not sure that corporate money would be so thrilled with the prospect of entertaining customers and the like in such a sweet location. It's been years since I've lived in LA but the City of Industry was a cesspool then and I doubt much has changed.

This line from the article pretty much says it all:

"The sausage-shaped city is a 12-square-mile maze of warehouses, factories, strip malls and topless bars along two freight rail lines and a major freeway."

City of Industry is a boil on the behind of LA. Not sure that corporate money would be so thrilled with the prospect of entertaining customers and the like in such a sweet location. It's been years since I've lived in LA but the City of Industry was a cesspool then and I doubt much has changed.

lol, not much has changed...

I love NFL football, but this whole new stadium thing is killing me. The Vikings need a new stadium? The Homer Dome was opened in 1982! It's 27 years old and needs to be replaced? That's ridiculous. The Ralph is only 38 years old. It would probably stand for another 25,000 years if left alone.

If a team can sell out all of it's games and be one of the top sellers of NFL merchandise and get 8 million for playing one game in Toronto, but can't survive financially without the tax payers building them a new stadium, somethings wrong with your business model.

It's not just the NFL, it's also the NBA and MLB. Seattle lost it's team becuase an arena that was refurbished 10 years ago was not good enough and couldn't generate enough revenue.

The reason Seattle was moved is because the Man that bought the team WANTED them in his hometown.

If a team can sell out all of it's games and be one of the top sellers of NFL merchandise ...

Is that true about the merchandise? I've been all over the country and no sports apparel store seems to have any Bills' merchandise. They seem to have every franchise but the Bills well represented. It's uncanny.

Is that true about the merchandise? I've been all over the country and no sports apparel store seems to have any Bills' merchandise. They seem to have every franchise but the Bills well represented. It's uncanny.

I think that can be blamed on the Bills poor teams over the last 10 years. What sports store outside NY State would want to inventory apparel of a CONSISTANT 7-9 team. But hey the Bills are consistant.

Add San Diego to that list. Qual Comm was recently remodelled but not good enough now?