Gem of 2008 draft

Now that the season is over, who do you think is the Gem of the 2008 Draft, we didn't see much of Demitrious Butler, Chris Ellis was put on IR, James Hardy put on IR, Steve Johnson came around late, Alvin Bowen was put on IR, in training camp. Derek Fine was a stud, Leodis McKelvin was a great returner, and Xavier Omon didn't do much.

Gem of the 2008 draft: Reggie Corner

Stud of 2008 draft: Derek Fine

Showed Potential from 2008 Draft: Leodis McKelvin, and Steve Johnson

Busts of 2008 draft: James Hardy, Chris Ellis

I don't wanna say James Hardy to be a bust, because we didn't use him for what we drafted him to be. A red zone threat, but he did let a lot of balls go by him, and he dropped several easy passes, got a lot of work to do in 09. Chris Ellis i didn't see much out of him.

what makes reggie corner a gem?!?!

derek fine-- stud?!?!? wtf, you have got to be kidding

busts hardy and ellis, i think its a little early for that

I do think Reggie Corner is gonna be a really good DB in this league. Mckelvin is a stud!! Derek Fine will be our "blocking all around" tight end. Hardy and Ellis, as mentioned earlier is a little early to call. Omon didnt impress, but I do believe That Steve Johnson will be the gem of the draft!!

Now that the season is over, who do you think is the Gem of the 2008 Draft, we didn't see much of Demitrious Butler, Chris Ellis was put on IR, James Hardy put on IR, Steve Johnson came around late, Alvin Bowen was put on IR, in training camp. Derek Fine was a stud, Leodis McKelvin was a great returner, and Xavier Omon didn't do much.

I don't wanna say James Hardy to be a bust, because we didn't use him for what we drafted him to be. A red zone threat, but he did let a lot of balls go by him, and he dropped several easy passes, got a lot of work to do in 09. Chris Ellis i didn't see much out of him.

I cant even dignify this gibberish with a real response... :wallbash:

foolish comments,anyone with half a brain and knows anything about this game knows its impossible to label any player a bust after one year get real.

It could go either way, But I stand with my selection, I liked what I saw out of Derek Fine, and Steve Johnson and Reggie Corner, all 3 were late bloomers, but I saw a lot of great things from the 3. Like Chris Brown said Steve Johnson had 10 catches for less than a 100 yards and 2 TD, is not something to be too impressed about, but could possibly move up in the depth chart in the next couple of years. Reggie Corner is a early nickel option, and Leodis could rotate with either Terrence McGee or Jabari Greer if re-signed. Derek Fine I liked what I saw from him, I like Shouman a 2007 draft pick, but he's definitely a good back up tight end.

foolish comments,anyone with half a brain and knows anything about this game knows its impossible to label any player a bust after one year get real.

impossible to call a bust after 1 year eh? o.k. Ryan Leaf 2nd overall selection 1998 draft, bust. 2002 WR Charles Rodgers 2nd overall pick bust, 2004 WR Reggie Williams Jacksonville Jaguars bust, 2005 QB Alex Smith Bust, 2005 Mike Williams bust, all became busts after 1st two seasons.

what makes reggie corner a gem?!?!

derek fine-- stud?!?!? wtf, you have got to be kidding

busts hardy and ellis, i think its a little early for that

Everything is relative! according to Einstein anyway.

impossible to call a bust after 1 year eh? o.k. Ryan Leaf 2nd overall selection 1998 draft, bust. 2002 WR Charles Rodgers 2nd overall pick bust, 2004 WR Reggie Williams Jacksonville Jaguars bust, 2005 QB Alex Smith Bust, 2005 Mike Williams bust, all became busts after 1st two seasons.

Drew Brees stunk for his first 2 seasons...so bad they traded for and drafted Phillip Rivers. I could actually list a ton of players who contributed very little, or even stunk the field up in at least their first season or two that blossomed into stud players. Heck, Jimmy Smith was dumped by Dallas before he went on to be one of the best WR's of this generation in Jax.

All of your posts in this thread make me simply go >>>> :thumbsup: and then go >>>> :wallbash: followed by >>>> :thumbdown: and then finally to >>>>>> :sick

It's my observation that Bills fans are pretty blind about Leodis McKelvin. He got off to a slow start granted and that was to be expected coming out of Troy State. As the season progressed, he understood the defense better, particularly the run defense where he was getting into trouble. By the second half of the season he showed he is a very willing tackler with good football temperament and was becoming very good in pass defense. The biggest concern coming out of college was his low INT totals (which of course was partly because teams didn't throw his way) and he needed to prove that he was a good "ball athlete." He only started 6 games but had two INTs (1 for a 64 yard TD) and another scintillating TD INT nullified by penalty. He also had 5 passes defensed and forced a fumble.

Also, 8 of his 9 TDs as a return man in college came on punt returns. He was not a terribly effective kickoff returner in college but that's another area in which he proved himself as a rookie. Bottom line he showed substantial improvement as the season progressed in all areas and flashes of greatness by season's end.

I think he will become a Pro Bowl cornerback, perhaps as soon as 2009 and he will end up starting at cornerback for the Bills from now until his contract expires.

He is the Gem of the Bills' draft by far right now.

I would have liked to hear from someone on the staff as to why Ellis and Hardy were not on the field? work ethic? studying? skills? body? a slight injury etc.

It's my observation that Bills fans are pretty blind about Leodis McKelvin. He got off to a slow start granted and that was to be expected coming out of Troy State. As the season progressed, he understood the defense better, particularly the run defense where he was getting into trouble. By the second half of the season he showed he is a very willing tackler with good football temperament and was becoming very good in pass defense. The biggest concern coming out of college was his low INT totals (which of course was partly because teams didn't throw his way) and he needed to prove that he was a good "ball athlete." He only started 6 games but had two INTs (1 for a 64 yard TD) and another scintillating TD INT nullified by penalty. He also had 5 passes defensed and forced a fumble.

Also, 8 of his 9 TDs as a return man in college came on punt returns. He was not a terribly effective kickoff returner in college but that's another area in which he proved himself as a rookie. Bottom line he showed substantial improvement as the season progressed in all areas and flashes of greatness by season's end.

I think he will become a Pro Bowl cornerback, perhaps as soon as 2009 and he will end up starting at cornerback for the Bills from now until his contract expires.

He is the Gem of the Bills' draft by far right now.

Agreed, he could end up being our top playmaker.