Ralph is 90, do not expect any "productive or consistant decision

Chuckknox

Got an offer for him? What an ignorant statement.

Your intellectual superiority act is growing old pretty fast. Most of the time, when you disagree with someone, you resort to name calling. Does this behavior make you feel better about yourself?

Your intellectual superiority act is growing old pretty fast. Most of the time, when you disagree with someone, you resort to name calling. Does this behavior make you feel better about yourself?

But his point is valid, none the less. Cut Ralph a check for a billion dollars and save us all.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Ralph looked and and was unable to find someone with the money and the commitment to keep the team in Buffalo?

I didn't call you any name. I called your statement ignorant. Criticize the behavior, not the person...except when the person is really stupid.

But his point is valid, none the less. Cut Ralph a check for a billion dollars and save us all.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Ralph looked and and was unable to find someone with the money and the commitment to keep the team in Buffalo?

That an NFL team can play anywhere, even in economically depressed cities, as long as the league maintains the core concept of a self supporting organization, dedicated more to the sport of football than to enormous profits. His actions back up his beliefs.

^

This is the comment I was responding to. IF these are RW's beliefs, wouldn't it make sense to sell the team to an owner who would keep them in town and make a serious commitment to winning?

That an NFL team can play anywhere, even in economically depressed cities, as long as the league maintains the core concept of a self supporting organization, dedicated more to the sport of football than to enormous profits. His actions back up his beliefs.

^

This is the comment I was responding to. IF these are RW's beliefs, wouldn't it make sense to sell the team to an owner who would keep them in town and make a serious commitment to winning?

Just because those may be his beliefs, it does not mean that those are a potential new owner's beliefs. So until Ralph finds a potential new owner that shares his beliefs, he's decided not to sell.

Just because those may be his beliefs, it does not mean that those are a potential new owner's beliefs. So until Ralph finds a potential new owner that shares his beliefs, he's decided not to sell.

Help me Obi Wan Kelly, you're my only hope.

Help me Obi Wan Kelly, you're my only hope.

While I lean toward the idea that Kelly's ownership talk has nothing behind it, I sincerely hope I am wrong about that. I think Kelly is trying to find someone interested in keeping the team in Buffalo AND giving Ralph some fair value.

What the :lol: are you smoking? The only thing that Ralph Wilson has proven is that he's willing to provide a team in Buffalo that is just good enough to hold the fan's interest. That's given us a 9 year playoff absence. Big :thumbsup: 'n deal. If he's dedicated to the sport of football, he would sell the team to someone that will keep them in Buffalo and is committed to winning.

If all it takes to win is a willingness to throw maoney around then why have the two money slinging owners in Dallas and Washington have nothing more to brag about than the Bills in the past ten years?

Your arrogance is simply unbelievable. The Dean has been around here since day one and you have the audacity to call him out? You must feel pretty confident in your ignorance.

IMO you're just one of the dozens of know it all e-trolls that seem to have infected this site in the last year or so.

90 ! not 80's. 90 is VERY old. 90 and running functioning as a CEO or major decision maker.

No disrespect, just amazed that a 90 year old can still control this team. We should not expect much in terms of problem solving skills. Does anyone else know any 90 year olds still working??

Here's an article on 10. Also I saw an interview with John Wooden when he was about 95 & still sharp as ever.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/for...91609/index.htm

Working Past 90 Forget early retirement. These ten men and women found jobs they loved--and never quit.

By Text By Roy Hoffman

November 13, 2000

(FORTUNE Magazine) – Open a door at an American workplace today and you may find one of them: the old-old, defying life's clock. In a culture that all too often extols young workers at the expense of seasoned elders, these men and women--in their 90s, vibrant, their minds creatively engaged--give the lie to the notion that only youth matters. From Woodie Sommers, a 90-year-old barber in Sacramento, to Eleanor Lambert, a 97-year-old fashion publicist in New York City, these workers find, in their daily toil, more energy than enervation. "I get tired when I don't work," says composer Elliott Carter, who is writing a cello concerto at 91. "If your mind is clear and your body is healthy, a man can work whatever his age," adds 94-year-old Rev. William Lee Freeman, who presides over 17 African Methodist Episcopal churches in New York. Good health is essential, of course--a gift that none of these nonagenarians, having outlived friends and loved ones, take for granted. But many have known physical setbacks and landed on their feet. Like Hazel Howard, 91, who was back fixing fries at a McDonald's in Lynn, Mass., six weeks after breaking her hip. To linger awhile with these men and women is to hear other themes emerge: the impact of the Depression on their sense of economy; the importance of family relationships to sustain them. Five of the men have wives still living--308 years of ongoing marriage among them. Although mortality looms, these people seem to deflect brooding by putting on their hats and picking up their briefcases. "I refuse to let myself think about it," says gynecologist Walter Watson, 90, pacing hospital corridors at an hour of the morning when men a third his age are jump-starting themselves with their first cup of coffee. Humor buoys them too. "Who would want to be 92?" sighs 91-year-old Mobile, Ala., attorney Charles Hoffman to his son--this writer--as he makes his way to court. "A man who's 91." While revealing no secret for staying vital into their 90s, they concur on the mental sustenance provided by active employment. Work enables them to be creative in subtle ways (Sommers sees in each head of hair a barbering challenge) or in publicly visible ones (94-year-old architect Philip Johnson still marks metropolitan skylines with his buildings). With life expectancy in the U.S. having risen from 47 years in 1900 to 77 years in 1998, and with the proportion of senior citizens in the work force now at 12%, these nonagenarians may well signal one dynamic of the workplace to come. Having been born in the era of trains and the telegraph, they find themselves, in an era of space flight and cyberspace, in a kind of vanguard, a cutting-edge designation that makes several of them chuckle with appreciation for how what is old becomes new. They might even be called "living treasures" if that term didn't suggest icons that stay put. They're too busy for that.

Your arrogance is simply unbelievable. The Dean has been around here since day one and you have the audacity to call him out? You must feel pretty confident in your ignorance.

IMO you're just one of the dozens of know it all e-trolls that seem to have infected this site in the last year or so.

Hey Mike, click me.

BTW: I've been here A LOT longer than the last year or so.

What the :unsure: are you smoking? The only thing that Ralph Wilson has proven is that he's willing to provide a team in Buffalo that is just good enough to hold the fan's interest. That's given us a 9 year playoff absence. Big :doh: 'n deal. If he's dedicated to the sport of football, he would sell the team to someone that will keep them in Buffalo and is committed to winning.

Sorry, but this makes no sense. There are a couple of flaws in your statement. How did you determine fan interest?

The thosands of fans who go to the games and follow the team do so for many different reasons. Not all of the teams's fans think the way you do.

Also, your statement that he should "sell the team to someone that will keep them in Buffalo" is a lot easier said than done.

The current estimated value of the franchise stands at about 800 million dollars. The moment the team is sold, there is an additional federal tax, roughly 200 million. That's one billion dollars. How many ultra successful Western New York businessmen do you know that can come up with that kind of money? There's a very short list, and whomever is on that list is going to think long and hard before they commit that kind of money to an area that is this economically depressed.

And it's guaranteed that the "committment to winning" is going to be extracted from the fans as well, with that kind of debt load. The cost of tickets, parking, concessions, luxury boxes, etc is going to go way up.

How many fans in Buffalo are going to be able to afford those kinds of price increases? That's not a slight to the people of Buffalo, just reality. A typical game right now costs the average fan about 200 dollars. What's going to happen when that goes to 300 or 400 dollars?

Here are some other teams with worse records than Buffalo:

Cleveland

Detroit

Seattle

St. Louis

Oakland

Kansas City

By your reasoning, these teams aren't committed to winning either. I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I'm smoking a nice big dose of reality. There's an old saying: "You don't know what you got, until it's gone" So once the team leaves after Ralph dies, what will you smoke then?

Got an offer for him? What an ignorant statement.

I don't know why you say something like that.I mean every Bills fan that had the ability to give away hundreds of millions of dollars just to satisfy a message board would jump at the chance.

If Ralph wanted to show how much he loved the team and the city he should just hand over the team to Jim Kelly.Don't take any money just give it away.He has made plenty of money owning the team through the years.Time to give back and give back for free.

I don't know why that is such an ignorant request.

The kids on this board know best.

I don't know why you say something like that.I mean every Bills fan that had the ability to give away hundreds of millions of dollars just to satisfy a message board would jump at the chance.

If Ralph wanted to show how much he loved the team and the city he should just hand over the team to Jim Kelly.Don't take any money just give it away.He has made plenty of money owning the team through the years.Time to give back and give back for free.

I don't know why that is such an ignorant request.

The kids on this board know best.

Ummmm.... Because if he did that, he'd also be paying millions in taxes on the "gift."

When you're 90, are you going to give away everything you built up?