ST coach as game manager?

I hear the Browns and several other teams will chase Denver special teams coach Scott O’Brien, who is one of the best in the NFL, not only coaching special teams but handling game management situations.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...rom-lombardi-4/

I hope Ralph reads this.

Heh heh. Don't know how well Jauron would respond to Bobby April handling in-game management, but I bet it would be an improvement. Perhaps a major one.

I hear the Browns and several other teams will chase Denver special teams coach Scott O’Brien, who is one of the best in the NFL, not only coaching special teams but handling game management situations.

I hope Ralph reads this.

I raised the idea of having a "gameday manager" a few weeks ago, and it was received with mixed reviews. If guys like Shanahan use assistants to manage the game, then I see no reason why the Bills shouldn't do the same.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=80527&hl=

I hope Ralph reads this.

Bobby April is the best special teams coach in the NFL by so far it is not even funny. In fact, April might be farther ahead of the next best coach at his position by further than any other coach in the NFL. What makes it so impressive is that special teams are usually the least consistent area on any team. However, under April, the Bills have 4 1st place finishes on special teams, a 4th and a 6th. That is utterly ridiculous how good he is at getting his players to execute on special teams.

In fact, when the conversation comes up for best special teams coach, and there is any type of discussion, it really is for who is 2nd best. There is no discussion as who is best, April has that locked up. When other teams are so afraid of your special teams that they refuse to punt or kick to your returners, and then you have an upback who still consistently returns it past the 40 yard line(Jackson), that is pretty scary.

As good as April is at special teams management, I am pretty sure he would excel at game management as well...

Bobby April is the best special teams coach in the NFL by so far it is not even funny. In fact, April might be farther ahead of the next best coach at his position by further than any other coach in the NFL. What makes it so impressive is that special teams are usually the least consistent area on any team. However, under April, the Bills have 4 1st place finishes on special teams, a 4th and a 6th. That is utterly ridiculous how good he is at getting his players to execute on special teams.

In fact, when the conversation comes up for best special teams coach, and there is any type of discussion, it really is for who is 2nd best. There is no discussion as who is best, April has that locked up. When other teams are so afraid of your special teams that they refuse to punt or kick to your returners, and then you have an upback who still consistently returns it past the 40 yard line(Jackson), that is pretty scary.

As good as April is at special teams management, I am pretty sure he would excel at game management as well...

Why?

Yeah the only st's coach I would put in April's league is Mike Westhoff from the jets. If Jauron stumbles out of the gate, I'd like April to get a shot, that way we'd at least have an idea what he'd be like as a hc, and if it fails then look elsewhere.

I hope Ralph reads this.

A pathetic reflection of these inept coaches in the NFL. sheesh, its not microsurgery.