Tim Tebow

nuklz2594

i bet there is a lot more dropback passers that were unsuccessful in the NFL.

While I don't doubt that there may be more in terms of sheer numbers, the fact that no NFL teams run the option puts a prospective NFL QB from an option offense at a disadvantage right from the start.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradford has a "deer in headlights" look to him also. And did you notice he is basically a one-read QB? The team that takes him #1 is going to be kicking themselves.

Bradford reminded me too much of JP. Way too much deer in the headlights. Too much uncertainty

While I don't doubt that there may be more in terms of sheer numbers, the fact that no NFL teams run the option puts a prospective NFL QB from an option offense at a disadvantage right from the start.

well no sh--, i was just pointing out that some are good nfl qbs

well no sh--, i was just pointing out that some are good nfl qbs

The "no sh--" seemed unnecessary, but whatever. I was just pointing out that most are not, and NFL success by Favre, Young or Kordell Stewart doesn't mean crap when it comes to whether Tebow will be a successful NFL QB.

read what i replied to, someone stated that college Option QB's are never good in the NFL. I pointed out a few that were good. I didn't say they were option QB's in the NFL. see youread the entire thing before you make an a$$ out of yourself.

Well well well.. someone likes to call names!

What you did in the post to which I responded is a nice example of missing the forest for the trees, since you named three QBs who happened to play option in college but avoided the fact that they generally did not do (or, in Young's case, have not yet) successfully played option QBs in the pros. This would of course suggest that option skills alone do not translate into long-term NFL success, which was my point. Only after I posted my message do you attempt to justify yourself, poorly.

He reminds me of Doug Flutie. He just wins. Heard he would be a late round pick. If avaiable do we take him?

Reminds me of Kelly. Remember, Kelly went to UM because most other colleges wanted him to play defensively (LB). UM gave him a shot at the QB position and the rest is, well we all know.

If Tebow is smart, he will stay at UM one more year and concentrate on his passing and pocket skills. That just may give him the time to develop and showcase those abilities.

That being said, I would still take him right now and put him in as backup QB. Unquestionable heart, desire, motivation and leadership skills. I think he will surprise a lot of people. Proven winner, impeccable character and an attitude that the Bills could really use right now.

:lol:

Which skills translate well to the NFL? He's not going to outrun or lower his shoulder and run over LB's in the pros. That little jump pass? Might work once in a blue moon. So what else is there? His QB skills - making all the throws, making all the reads, hanging in the pocket without taking off running - are not good enough for the NFL.

He wants to play QB in the NFL but I just don't see it happening.

Tebow would have NO PROBLEM running over ANY of the Buffalo Bills linebackers. If he goes to a team like Miami, I think he will be successful, a team like Buffalo, then not so much.

Reminds me of Kelly. Remember, Kelly went to UM because most other colleges wanted him to play defensively (LB). UM gave him a shot at the QB position and the rest is, well we all know.

If Tebow is smart, he will stay at UM one more year and concentrate on his passing and pocket skills. That just may give him the time to develop and showcase those abilities.

That being said, I would still take him right now and put him in as backup QB. Unquestionable heart, desire, motivation and leadership skills. I think he will surprise a lot of people. Proven winner, impeccable character and an attitude that the Bills could really use right now.

Kelly also had real throwing mechanics and a live, accurate arm. Tebow? Not so much.

I go back to the same thing I said before - I don't question his leadership, toughness, heart, desire or attitude. I do question his skill set as it relates to being an NFL QB. I don't see him as a successful NFL QB unless it's down the line and he's had a chance to work on his throwing and learns to stay in the pocket and go through his reads and progressions without taking off when his first WR is covered, and can prove he can make all the throws.

Tebow would have NO PROBLEM running over ANY of the Buffalo Bills linebackers. If he goes to a team like Miami, I think he will be successful, a team like Buffalo, then not so much.

He could probably run over Ellison. In fact I'm sure of it. The others? I doubt it.

If (and that's a very big IF) someone drafts him as a QB then he is going to be a long-term project, and needs to go somewhere he can develop at his own pace and not be yanked in and out of the lineup.

Tebow will not be a starting QB in the NFL. He lacks too many of the skills necessary to play QB at that level. He's no different from an option QB that has to make the transition. If he's going to make it in the NFL then it'll be as a TE. Any team that drafts him prior to the 4th round to play QB is making a HUGE mistake.

As a QB, lowering your shoulder and running works in college, in the NFL that will earn him a trip to the hospital.

But if he is a TE, he wont end up in the hospital? I didnt know QBs were fragil because of their position alone....

Kelly also had real throwing mechanics and a live, accurate arm. Tebow? Not so much.

I go back to the same thing I said before - I don't question his leadership, toughness, heart, desire or attitude. I do question his skill set as it relates to being an NFL QB. I don't see him as a successful NFL QB unless it's down the line and he's had a chance to work on his throwing and learns to stay in the pocket and go through his reads and progressions without taking off when his first WR is covered, and can prove he can make all the throws.

I would agree that to this point, Tebow hasn't displayed the pure throwing ability that grabs your attention. However IMO, and it's only an opinion, I think he does possess the ability and given the right system and coaching, he would develop into a much better QB than most people think. We all know that throwing mechanics and a live arm are no guarantee for NFL success. That's why I think it is in his best interest to stay at UF for one more year and work on those things.

As a Gator fan, I find this talk interesting but premature. Tebow ought to return to UF and hire a NFL tutor to improve his release and footwork. Both JP and RJ had the size and athleticism but not the intangibles that Tebow brings. It's unlikely he will be an all pro QB at the next level but his production is unquestioned.

Given our needs at backup QB, HB, FB and TE, I would take a chance on him in the 3rd round. Being on the field for 10-15 snaps per game would be solid production from a 3rd round pick. Of course, DJ is too conservative to use him effectively so the point is moot.

He will likely win another Heisman and NC next year and the conversation will be the same.

As a Gator fan, I find this talk interesting but premature. Tebow ought to return to UF and hire a NFL tutor to improve his release and footwork. Both JP and RJ had the size and athleticism but not the intangibles that Tebow brings. It's unlikely he will be an all pro QB at the next level but his production is unquestioned.

Given our needs at backup QB, HB, FB and TE, I would take a chance on him in the 3rd round. Being on the field for 10-15 snaps per game would be solid production from a 3rd round pick. Of course, DJ is too conservative to use him effectively so the point is moot.

He will likely win another Heisman and NC next year and the conversation will be the same.

I agree with most of that. Tebow is a far better QB than he was two years ago, and even showed improvement this past year. As you say, another year in college, working on his mechanics, will probably help him quite a bit. He should make a deal with Meyer, that he will stay, with the understanding that one of his major goals is to improve as an NFL-style QB.

You know nothing about the position of quarterback.

What about all the NFL GMs and coaches who had no interest in him when he went to the CFL? Did they know less about QBs than you, too?

:unsure::doh::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tebow is going back for his senior season

Yep.

LINK

Interesting part of that article (at least to me):

There was speculation he might head to the NFL, especially since he has talked about wanting a bigger platform to share his religious message and expand his community work, but Tebow said he never strongly considered leaving early.

Coach Urban Meyer set him up with several NFL coaches to talk about his pro prospects. Although Tebow said he got mixed feedback, nothing he heard swayed his decision.

"It was tough because some of that stuff is tempting at the next level and everything that goes along with it, especially ending on a great note ending with the national championship and moving on from there," Tebow said. "I love these guys and coach Meyer and this program too much and I feel we can still end on a bang next year."