Bruce, Andre and Ralph make the HOF cut

So what did Ralph do besides make millions of dollars , at the expense of the fans. I would say Ralph is closer to a billionaire than a millionaire. Taxpayers money for the stadium. Ralph got lucky with the '88 - 93 teams. The team will be gone soon. Quality football in the NFL is pretty much history I have had it with these over paid lazy football players. Ralph didn't give the fans anything , the fans paid for it all. Ralph is a crabby old man as oppposed to years ago when he was a crabby younger man.

Get a dome , took them 30 years to pave the parking lot . Todays players are wimpy ,the weather isn't sunny and 65 all the time. Get a girls team ,they have more grit than the guys. I went to the last game and the players pranced around like the Jills. Sorry about the rant.

Rachel Maddow is that you?? :unsure:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to hear Tasker continues to get dropped. It is an injustice that the Hall doesn't really acknowledge special teams.

That said, I think it's great that we have 3 finalists! There was a time the Bills never sniffed the Hall. IMO, Kemp, Sestak, Saimes, Hull & Bennett deserve enshrinement.

I'd love to see Bruce, Andre and Ralphie-boy go in together. That'd be a HOT time in Canton for sure!

Go Bills!

Reed did go 'cross the middle.......once. And man, did Pepper Johnson make him pay for doing so! The next time he ran that route, he did the ol' alligator arms bit, for which it took me a long time to forgive him.

I'll balance that accurate point with the fact that Reed is still probably the best and most fearless WR to ever 'cross the middle' from a career perspective. He made his living there.

Al Davis has done more damage to the game than anybody- no way.

You know that Al Davis was the commissioner of the AFL when the merger with the NFL was brokered, right? The league we have today would not exist without the work of owners like Lamar Hunt, Ralph Wilson, and Al Davis. All three should be in the HOF IMO.

You know that Al Davis was the commissioner of the AFL when the merger with the NFL was brokered, right? The league we have today would not exist without the work of owners like Lamar Hunt, Ralph Wilson, and Al Davis. All three should be in the HOF IMO.

Sure do- but that is overshadowed by what Davis has done in the past 20-30 years. He is the father of franchise relocation and meddling owners. Honestly, I wouldn't put any of them in the Hall- note what they did in the leaguee annals, but don't put them in the hall......The Hall of Fame is watered down enough- Cortez Kennedy a finalist? Please.

Cortez Kennedy a finalist? Please.

Lemme see:

668 career tackles

58 career sacks

Member of NFL's All 1990s Team

3 time first team All Pro selection

8 Pro Bowl selections

1992 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

How could he possibly be considered for the Hall?

Hey- Hall of Fame voters have a right to their opinion......as everybody knows, the criteria is pretty subjective. I don't think Wilson, Davis or Kennedy deserve in. I would like to see Reed, Carter, Smith and Sharpe in. I am pulling for Reed and Carter to go in the same year- two of the most underrated, underappreciated WR's ever, IMHO

That's probably not the strongest argument, since the HOF voters regularly put people in the HOF that are not deserving of the honor.

True. But, who's opinion is more important? The people that actually vote or the people (like us) that just talk about votes.

The fact remains the HOF voters thought at one point in time that Al Davis was notable enough to be worthy of HOF induction. If he gets in, there's no rational explanation for Ralph's exclusion. So, until someone comes out and says All Davis (and a few others) was a mistake, I think you have to weigh would be inductees accomplishments against current members.

True. But, who's opinion is more important? The people that actually vote or the people (like us) that just talk about votes.

The fact remains the HOF voters thought at one point in time that Al Davis was notable enough to be worthy of HOF induction. If he gets in, there's no rational explanation for Ralph's exclusion. So, until someone comes out and says All Davis (and a few others) was a mistake, I think you have to weigh would be inductees accomplishments against current members.

If you need to compare would-be inductees to the weakest members of the Hall in order to make a point, the point was not that strong to begin with.