ED REED

Stl Bills

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rich glad you mentioned Larry Wilson, because he played in the sixties, and on a mediocre team, is not as well remembered,,,,,but in my mind was the best to ever play the position,,,,,

which leads to the question of the best safety every to play for the bills,,,,,think that award goes to George Saimes

Better than Ronnie Lott? Lott was an interception guru as well, getting 63 in his career (reed currently has 43) but he was also a tackler. Lott had over 100 tackles 5 times, while Reed has never done so. He actually only had 41 tackles this year.

and Lott may have been the most vicious tackler of all time

I'm a huge fan of Ed Reed, love watching him play. Is he the best Safety ever to play in the NFL?

I don't know about best ever...but his second interception yesterday was the best defensive play I saw all year. Just an unbelievable break on the ball.

No love for first ballot HOF'er Rodney Harrison?-)

And I'd hesitate to call Ed Reed the greatest safety of all time when he currently isn't even the best safety in the league.

That honor goes to Adrian Wilson and I just don't see a close second.

No love for first ballot HOF'er Rodney Harrison?-)

And I'd hesitate to call Ed Reed the greatest safety of all time when he currently isn't even the best safety in the league.

That honor goes to Adrian Wilson and I just don't see a close second.

it all depends how you're judging them ... in run support and blitzing, yeah, adrian is probably the best.

however, if you're talking about causing turnovers (49 takeaways compared to 24 for wilson) and scoring with the ball once they get it (11 touchdowns to 4 for wilson) then ed reed is clearly superior.

it all depends how you're judging them ... in run support and blitzing, yeah, adrian is probably the best.

however, if you're talking about causing turnovers (49 takeaways compared to 24 for wilson) and scoring with the ball once they get it (11 touchdowns to 4 for wilson) then ed reed is clearly superior.

I like Wilson and Reed, but in terms of playmaking ability, I give the edge to Reed. Since Reed is a free safety while Wilson is a strong safety, it's to be expected that Reed would get more scoring opportunities due to his ability to freelance more.

I like Wilson and Reed, but in terms of playmaking ability, I give the edge to Reed. Since Reed is a free safety while Wilson is a strong safety, it's to be expected that Reed would get more scoring opportunities due to his ability to freelance more.

according to pro-football-reference, reed played SS his first 4 years.