BACK UP QB YOU SAY

Dr. Trooth

Not sure what the worry is about a backup QB. You have to put this in perspective. There are any number of QBs out there that the Bills could aquire or coax out of retirement.

For example, Kelly Holcomb or Danny Wuerfel would work. Or Ty Detmer.... or even Coy Detmer. All of these guys and more could easily step in for Trent Edwards and the offense would not miss a beat. Any of those guys could run the 26th rated offense with just as much skill as Trent. They all are check down QBs with pin point accuracy within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage... a perfect fit for this offense. And, as an added bonus, each are as brittle as fine crystal. Ken Dorsey would work well too. Perhaps the Dolphins would be willing to part with John Beck. Or, we just might already be set with Gibran Hamden.

Don't worry, be happy :wallbash:

Not sure what the worry is about a backup QB. You have to put this in perspective. There are any number of QBs out there that the Bills could aquire or coax out of retirement.

For example, Kelly Holcomb or Danny Wuerfel would work. Or Ty Detmer.... or even Coy Detmer. All of these guys and more could easily step in for Trent Edwards and the offense would not miss a beat. Any of those guys could run the 26th rated offense with just as much skill as Trent. They all are check down QBs with pin point accuracy within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage... a perfect fit for this offense. And, as an added bonus, each are as brittle as fine crystal. Ken Dorsey would work well too. Perhaps the Dolphins would be willing to part with John Beck. Or, we just might already be set with Gibran Hamden.

Don't worry, be happy :cry:

Makes no difference. The Bills are simply positioning themselves for the 2010 draft and new head coach over the next 12 months.

Funny you should say that because Trent has one of the highest yard per attempt in the game.

Since its obivios we are not going to get a big name QB to come in at the back up and we certainly dont want kely holcomb back. I think that david Carr would be the most approriate QB for thebackup position wont cost much and pretty much the same as Trent :censored:

While other QBs actually achieve that with a real pass, trents is a fabricted stat based on the rbs ability to gain more yardage. :cry:

Um, is the statistic calculated in any different way for other QBs? I think not. Stop filtering every little bit of information to fit with your preconceived notions that Trent is a bad QB just because you see Holcombs everywhere.

While other QBs actually achieve that with a real pass, trents is a fabricted stat based on the rbs ability to gain more yardage. :cry:

LOL yeah...how many big plays were made by Jackson or Lynch on passes? That one by Jackson in the Denver game? Don't lie to yourself.

Um, is the statistic calculated in any different way for other QBs? I think not. Stop filtering every little bit of information to fit with your preconceived notions that Trent is a bad QB just because you see Holcombs everywhere.

Its not a preconcieved notion I have seen him play all of his games and its the RB in the flat is his most succesful pass. Hes not a deep ball threat and if Josh reed isnt thie to catch the ball for him 5 yards out he wont complete the pass.

HE IS NOT THAT GOOD OF A QB. HE takes low risk high reward plays thtas it thats why our running game suffers at time the defense doesnt have to worry about anything greater than 10 yards.

GET OVER YOUR MAN LOVE :cry:

LOL yeah...how many big plays were made by Jackson or Lynch on passes? That one by Jackson in the Denver game? Don't lie to yourself.

How about the Cleveland game, where over 1/3 of Trent's yards and 63% of his completions were to Lynch?

I think Dick Jauron has done a descent job with the talent he has on this team. We need more beef on both lines but I don't think this team is far off from being a good team. I say give him one more chance and go out and get some free agents and have a good draft and get some players healthy.

Are you counting completions to Cleveland players in that misleading stat of yours?

No, surprisingly.

The gloved one was 16/26 for 148 yards in that debacle. He completed 10 to Lynch for 58 yards; 3 completions to Steve Johnson and 1 each to Royal, Parrish and Fine.

And of course there were the three completions to Davis, Wimbley and McDonald of the Brownies.

I think Dick Jauron has done a descent job with the talent he has on this team. We need more beef on both lines but I don't think this team is far off from being a good team. I say give him one more chance and go out and get some free agents and have a good draft and get some players healthy.

Was that some sort of a Freudian slip? "Descent" is a very appropriate word to describe thie 2008 Bills under Dick Jauron's watchful eyes (he was watching, wasn't he?)