Gas Tax

Yup.

Here in OH, the idiot voters passed a minimum wage statewide thing with a yearly escalator clause.

When it rose - above that of the federal increased rate - employment dropped, businesses closed. Restaurant prices rose.

The grocery store I usually patronize has already raised prices - I pay attention.

Result - less commerce, less tax grab by the various governments (no wage or benefit reduction for government employees though).

So our governor speaks of increased taxes - including their favorite punching bag, a smoker (4th largest source of State income, all the while descrying the health effects and spewing those phony cost-to-society estimates. If that was actually true, he should ban the sale of that legal product in the state of Ohio).

That's because this Summer proved that we can live with it.

Not true. Part of the reason that people are losing thier houses are partially a result of high gas prices , not to mention thier border line mortages. People like yourself that are on welfare need not worry as you are receiving money from the real workers.

Just because I could probably live with a steel rod planted firmly up my ass means I want to.

Well...no. But if you lived with a steel rod planted firmly up your ass, the government would probably find a way to tax it "for your own good".

Not true. Part of the reason that people are losing thier houses are partially a result of high gas prices , not to mention thier border line mortages. People like yourself that are on welfare need not worry as you are receiving money from the real workers.

Do your parents know you're on their computer?

The price of gas at the nearest gas station I drove by was 1.49 9/10

You're link posted the following statement

The 15-member National Commission on Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing is the second group in a year to call for increasing the current 18.4 cents a gallon federal tax on gasoline

This following link: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/fuel_tax.asp states this:

The Virginia tax is 17.5 cents per gallon for gasoline and diesel.

17.5 + 18.4 = 35.9 cents/ gallon = $.359/gallon

.359 / 1.499 = 23.9% taxes

Yeah, Exxon Moble needs to be penalized for high gas prices :wallbash: