Bills’ collapse was quite rare

SKOOBY

But if you really look at the start, the collapse was not all that a surprise. They had an easy start to the Schedule, and even as a mediocre team, they still should have been atleast 5-1, maybe 4-2. They plaid no divisional games for almost the entire first half of the season, and the teams they started against in those 7 games were pretty brutal teams. Seattle was a bad team, along with the Jags, although at the time they were looked at as good because of their play last year. Oakland and St Louis are bad teams that are trying to rebuild. The Cardinals are a good team at home, and are a playoff team, and San Diego are an up and down team that didn't put it together until atleast mid season and were lucky their division was bad and that they could become a playoff team.

That was a cake walk of a schedule to start the season looking back. Throw in 2 divisional games in there and the bills are 3-3 to start the year and theres no "collapse" and the season doesn't look as depressing. It was deceiving because of the schedule the Bills had to open the year, they were never a really good 5-1 team, the schedule made them look better then they actually are

You still here?

What did your buddy (the one with the Bills) have to say about the decision to keep DJ. No text messages to report?

:lol::lol::lol:

C'mon Dean, sometimes leads from "sources" don't always pan out. He must have them because he drives a BMW that is worth more than many houses in Buffalo and his avatar has a picture of Scooby and the OC. :doh:

It's amazing that any one statement made on a board can hurt some people so deep, get a life and grow a pair.

Well, to be fair that "one statement" was a hot tip from an inside source, that you got via a text message. (Let's put aside the "I'm better than most of you" posturing that came, later, for now.) Since that crapped out, is it too much to expect some follow-up? Another tip, before DJ it was annonced that DJ was retained suggesting it was premature...maybe.

Is your source no longer considered a good one, to you?

Obviously, your reaction to some of the ruder responses you got, is probably behind the backlash you see here, too.

Well, to be fair that "one statement" was a hot tip from an inside source, that you got via a text message. (Let's put aside the "I'm better than most of you" posturing that came, later, for now.) Since that crapped out, is it too much to expect some follow-up? Another tip, before DJ it was annonced that DJ was retained suggesting it was premature...maybe.

Is your source no longer considered a good one, to you?

I was told DJ lost his job initially but after cooler heads prevailed RW did not want to spend the money to settle with him & pay another coach. You did see an article in TBN about how Ralph cheaped out and the extension was in place, right? The one where Sully ripped Ralph in half?

I was told DJ lost his job initially but after cooler heads prevailed RW did not want to spend the money to settle with him & pay another coach. You did see an article in TBN about how Ralph cheaped out and the extension was in place, right? The one where Sully ripped Ralph in half?

I've seen several articles (haven't read them all), but none had any official info, or even well placed sources (from what I could tell). What is the TBN article? Gotta link, so I can read it? Thanks

I've seen several articles (haven't read them all), but none had any official info, or even well placed sources (from what I could tell). What is the TBN article? Gotta link, so I can read it? Thanks

In the very first sentence of Tuesday's press release announcing that he was keeping Dick Jauron as head coach, the owner actually said that he "shares many of the fans' dissatisfaction with our offensive game management."

Wow. The man really has no clue. Wilson brings back a coach who might be the most unpopular in franchise history, and has the gall to say he understands your concerns. Yeah, Ralph is practically one of you. Maybe he paints his chest on game days, too!

I feel sorry for Bills fans. They deserve better. The community deserves better. They deserve better than Wilson, an owner who shoots for a low standard and finds inferior head coaches who live down to it.

Jauron was a cheap, uninspired choice from the start. But he gets to stay, because Wilson couldn't stomach the alternative. Content with three straight 7-9s, the owner wasn't ready for drastic change. And presumably, Wilson didn't want to pay the price of buying him out.

In the very first sentence of Tuesday's press release announcing that he was keeping Dick Jauron as head coach, the owner actually said that he "shares many of the fans' dissatisfaction with our offensive game management."

Wow. The man really has no clue. Wilson brings back a coach who might be the most unpopular in franchise history, and has the gall to say he understands your concerns. Yeah, Ralph is practically one of you. Maybe he paints his chest on game days, too!

I feel sorry for Bills fans. They deserve better. The community deserves better. They deserve better than Wilson, an owner who shoots for a low standard and finds inferior head coaches who live down to it.

Jauron was a cheap, uninspired choice from the start. But he gets to stay, because Wilson couldn't stomach the alternative. Content with three straight 7-9s, the owner wasn't ready for drastic change. And presumably, Wilson didn't want to pay the price of buying him out.

I wasn't asking you about your presumptions. I was asking you what your inside source had to say about the details.

I wasn't asking you about your presumptions. I was asking you what your inside source had to say about the details.

By the way, that was another unattributed cut-and-paste (this time from Sully's latest column), not Skoob's personal opinion.

Here's an alternative view from a friend:

To be fair, let’s look at it from Ralph Wilson’s perspective. After all, the Bills’ owner is 90 years old ... 90.

Surely, the thought of firing coach Dick Jauron and most, if not all, of his staff, and starting over from scratch, left him feeling queasy.

That’s especially true with only four years remaining on “The Ralph’s” lease and the spectre of Toronto looming over the psyche of Bills’ fans.

Ralph, whose team has now gone nine years without a playoff berth, desperately wants one more shot at a Super Bowl ... or at very least the post-season.

The decision he and his inner circle - chief operating officer Russ Brandon, treasurer Jeff Littman and vice president of college scouting Tom Modrak - had to make this week in Detroit, was whether that opportunity was enhanced by coaching continuity or a housecleaning.

Ultimately, they decided on the former, which not coincidentally saved the boss from buying out Jauron’s rumored three-year extension plus next season’s salaries for his assistants.

Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron has plenty to be thankful for as the new year dawns.

>edited for copyright infringement<

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/537681.html

Yeah, they seem to be accomplishing a lot of rare things under Jauron's tenure...most of them not the good kind either. They are in the rarefied air of being one of only 12 teams out of 550+ teams in the last 10 years to lose a game when an opposing team attempts an onside kick within the last few minutes of a game. This means the Bills accomplished something that happens only 2% of the time...

You remind me of my Jonas Brothers obsessed teenage sister. Except she isn't living in a fantasy world. She knows she's not going to meet the Jonas Brothers, and therefore doesn't pretend to know people who do.

They are in the rarefied air of being one of only 12 teams out of 550+ teams in the last 10 years to lose a game when an opposing team attempts an onside kick within the last few minutes of a game.

I just poured my first cup of coffee, so it might be me...But, I have no idea what the statement above means, 550+ teams?

I just poured my first cup of coffee, so it might be me...But, I have no idea what the statement above means, 550+ teams?

I believe he means threr have been over 550 onside kick attempts in the final minutes of games and it has only worked 12 times. We were one of those times it worked against us.