To All Who Say They're Done

TheBlackMamba

Everyone who says they are done with this team are full of it. They are 348-384-8 with 15 playoff appearance in 48 years. This team has been one of the worst teams in the NFL for the last 48 years with the exception of a few years the early 60's, late 80's and early' 90's. You have all stuck with them through thick and thin for 48 years so i'm pretty sure you're not going to jump ship now. Come sundays next year 73,000 plus will pack the ralph and all of western new york will be tuned into the tube

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who says they are done with this team are full of it. They are 348-384-8 with 15 playoff appearance in 48 years. This team has been one of the worst teams in the NFL for the last 48 years with the exception of a few years the early 60's, late 80's and early' 90's. You have all stuck with them through thick and thin for 48 years so i'm pretty sure you're not going to jump ship now. Come sundays next year 73,000 plus will pack the ralph and all of western new york will be tuned into the tube

It's much easier to quit than to keep going. Many of the people on this great board (TSW) will not quit and will always love our Buffalo Bills.

You're right, but its actually a part of the problem. The fans won't hold Ralph Wilson accountable. They'll show up next year and he knows it. They'll just keep buying whatever crap he peddles to them, so he can do pretty much whatever he wants.

I think you are 100% correct. That's why I am advising those who are really "done" to cancel your tickets in the next month or so. If you don't, then free agency will creep up, the Bills will sign a player or two you like. Then the draft will come, and the Bills will draft a player or two you like, and it will be too late to cancel your tickets, because then it will be renewal deadline time, and you will have just enough reason to keep them.

Bills fans, (including those that live out of town, that I've been so upset at with on this forum -sorry), are way too emotionally attached to the Bills to really give up on them completely.

All of you people and your "gotta hang in" attitudes are almost as bad as Ralph himself. The way this team has been run for nearly a decade is a disgrace.

Will you BILLieve when Robert Royal drops yet another pass?

Will you BILLieve when the Bills have 2 minutes to go in a half and they lolligag down the field, without using timeouts?

Will you BILLieve when you are ahead on the road with a lead, and pass deep in the zone, only to get sacked?

Will you BILLieve when the Patriots beat the Bills a combined 80-14 in two games next year?

Will you BILLieve when Marshawn and Freddie rush for a nearly combined 180 yards, only to have nothing to show for it from the QB and the receivers?

Will you BILLieve when the Dolphins make it to a Superbowl in the next five years?

Will you BILLieve when the Bills take another CB from no-man's land?

Will you BILLieve when you see Kelsay, Denney, and Schobel get a combined 7 sacks in a season?

Will You BILLieve when you see another dead crowd in Toronto?

Will you BILLieve when Ralph finally sells the team? I just might then.

And yes, I still pull for the team to do well, not for Ralph, not for DJ, but for all of us who sat through 4 losses in the Superbowl, those of us who watched Rob Johnson sink the team, those of us who watched, with jaws dropped as the Bills lost to the Titans in 2000. Or, that Dallas loss on Monday night, or the collapse this year. Or Erik Flowers for that matter. But something has got to give.

No, you are badly misreading this. Those of us who equate Ralph Wilson with the Buffalo Bills are very, very sincere about dumping him and ending our relationship as fans of his team by extension.

No, most of you are full of your avatar. Most of your pathetic asses are still here, and will continue to be here. If the team ever starts winning, your vile smelly presence will be back stinking up the bandwagon, once again.

No, you are badly misreading this. Those of us who equate Ralph Wilson with the Buffalo Bills are very, very sincere about dumping him and ending our relationship as fans of his team by extension.

It definitely seems different this time. Maybe its because I myself am just about fed up with them as well. Losing doesn't bother me, as long as the front office is making an effort. If the front office doesn't care, however, why should I? I'm not ready to dump them yet, but the same old bullsh** every year is getting extremely old.

This board is here for the voice of the fans. It is every fans right to voice their opinion about their favorite team. They (We) post because we care about the state of the franchise and we want a winner. I see nothing wrong with it. And if you have a an opinion, then great. But so do we.

You say that we have stuck with them thru thick and thin for 48 years and their record is 348-384-8 - - - and we have, but now we are saying enough is enough. We want a winner. We want to win the Super Bowl or at least make the playoffs, or hell, just have a winning record!~, not be slightly below .500.

I've stuck with the team for the last 32 years because it's entertainment, not an all consuming obsession. I had season tickets for 10 years before I left the Buffalo area. When I was at the games, wins or losses, I was as excited as anyone in the stadium. But once the game is over, it's time to get back to life. Rooting for a team is supposed to be fun, not an excuse for departing from reality. And the reality is that NFL ownership is private. Ralph owns the team. He can do whatever he wants with it. He's also 90 years old. He knows that he will be dying sooner rather than later. The prospect of one's mortality changes perspective.

So yes, I'll be watching the team. But one thing I won't be doing is throwing temper tantrums if the team loses or keeps a coach that I don't like.

It's a game. Enjoy it like a game or follow something else.

I used to visit this board so I could get information about the team, like the draft, free agency and offensive and defensive schemes. Unfortunately, it's degenerated into a whine fest.

I see a lot of posts on this board about how Ralph is somehow scheming to sell the team by turning it into a losing franchise.

Aside from the fact that this idea makes absoultely no sense, the fairweather fans of this team better be hoping that losing the team doesn't become reality, because it will be a huge economic blow to the Western New York area, with real consequences.

Besides, if the team leaves, where will these crybaby fans go to complain? There won't be a "Two Bills Drive" to log onto then.

What i don't get is why the people who are "done with this team" still post here.

This was exactly my point when I started a similar thread earlier...

Truth is, they are are empty, guless threats and have become quite unoriginal as we all know they are not done, espeicially since most of them made the same comments many times during the season and still find it necessary to tell us all how done they are still...why you ask...because they clearly arent done...

No, most of you are full of your avatar. Most of your pathetic asses are still here, and will continue to be here. If the team ever starts winning, your vile smelly presence will be back stinking up the bandwagon, once again.

Being here on the forum is one thing, being a fan is another. Don't misunderstand that fact. In divisive election years you'll see conservatives posting comments on liberal message boards and liberals calling in to Rush Limbaugh. We may not be fans anymore, but we do still have very strong opinions and our wounds are still fresh. In addition, all of us who have dumped Wilson's Bills have made it clear that it's Ralph Wilson specifically who we've dumped, and until he croaks nothing will change.

When the heat of the moment cools down, you'll see all of us slowly go away for good, so don't worry. We have standards. We have preconditions as fans. He has violated our minimum criteria as an owner to retain our support. This isn't frivelous or spontaneous, and most of us have been fans for decades so just can all that bandwagon crap, OK?

You guys really don't get it, do you?

This was exactly my point when I started a similar thread earlier...

Truth is, they are are empty, guless threats and have become quite unoriginal as we all know they are not done, espeicially since most of them made the same comments many times during the season and still find it necessary to tell us all how done they are still...why you ask...because they clearly arent done...

No, your point was to tell people what opinions they should be allowed to post, and what opinions should be deleted by the moderators - which is why I told you to STFU!

Now STFU!

Board history? This should not be equated with the fan who gets mad after a close loss and says he's done. This is a much deeper and more fundamental matter. We are resigning for rational reasons, for reasons of principle, for reasons of right and wrong and rejecting a man we consider to be beneath contempt. This isn't what you think it is: just another "I'm really, really leaving" tantrum. Most if not all of us are doing this as a result of a long, long decision making process that culminated with the Jauron announcement.

I assure you, in another week or two this board will have tumbleweed blowing across it with just a few "Joe Superfans" lingering and drinking the last of the whiskey until the party comes to an end.

Consider this more like the death of a spouse. Yes, the person is dead and we should move on, but doesn't everyone want a funeral and a week or so of mourning with your mates? Doesn't it usually take a little time before you find a new lover?

We'll move on, just let us a little time.

All of you people and your "gotta hang in" attitudes are almost as bad as Ralph himself. The way this team has been run for nearly a decade is a disgrace.

Will you BILLieve when Robert Royal drops yet another pass?

Will you BILLieve when the Bills have 2 minutes to go in a half and they lolligag down the field, without using timeouts?

Will you BILLieve when you are ahead on the road with a lead, and pass deep in the zone, only to get sacked?

Will you BILLieve when the Patriots beat the Bills a combined 80-14 in two games next year?

Will you BILLieve when Marshawn and Freddie rush for a nearly combined 180 yards, only to have nothing to show for it from the QB and the receivers?

Will you BILLieve when the Dolphins make it to a Superbowl in the next five years?

Will you BILLieve when the Bills take another CB from no-man's land?

Will you BILLieve when you see Kelsay, Denney, and Schobel get a combined 7 sacks in a season?

Will You BILLieve when you see another dead crowd in Toronto?

Will you BILLieve when Ralph finally sells the team? I just might then.

And yes, I still pull for the team to do well, not for Ralph, not for DJ, but for all of us who sat through 4 losses in the Superbowl, those of us who watched Rob Johnson sink the team, those of us who watched, with jaws dropped as the Bills lost to the Titans in 2000. Or, that Dallas loss on Monday night, or the collapse this year. Or Erik Flowers for that matter. But something has got to give.

Great post! You forgot to add when Jauron challenges the wrong play and when his decisions cost us a game (on average 3 games a year).

I'm "done" in the sense that I won't spend another dime on this franchise, be it from merchandise or tickets, until positive change or legitimate improvement takes place.

I will, however, continue to tune in every week. I've watched this team for too long to simply cut the cord. Sometimes I wish I had it in me to completely give up on the Bills, but it won't happen.