2009 Schedule is a killer.... 7-9 will be tough...

AnthonyF

Home - Houston, Indy, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, NE, NYJ, Miami

Away - Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, NE, NYJ, Miami

Best chance to win vs. Cleveland and KC.... Playoff Teams we are against Tennessee, Carolina, Atlanta, Indy, Miami. Teams on cusp Tampa, New Orleans, NYJ New England. Jacksonville could be much improved and Houston ended the season looking like a team.

Incredible how after the 6 division games & the 4 NFC games, we play for the second straight year KC, Jax & Cleve....

Looks like a very tough schedule....

Maybe Bills kept him around because they signed him earlier and 2009 would be tough on a new coach.

Best chance to win vs. Cleveland and KC.... Playoff Teams we are against Tennessee, Carolina, Atlanta, Indy, Miami. Teams on cusp Tampa, New Orleans, NYJ New England. Jacksonville could be much improved and Houston ended the season looking like a team.

Incredible how after the 6 division games & the 4 NFC games, we play for the second straight year KC, Jax & Cleve....

Maybe Bills kept him around because they signed him earlier and 2009 would be tough on a new coach.

This is going to be a killer schedule. The teams on the cusp that you listed (maybe with the exception of Jax), will throttle us next year if we play like we did in 2008. Interesting to see what we do in the offseason. If Ralph's latest moves regarding Jauron and the coaching staff are any indication, we will likely not be a major player in the free agent market. I hope I am wrong, but.....

We play KC, Jax, and Cle because (like us) they finished fourth in the division. The Jets will play the teams who finished third in the other divisions and so on...

The key (as it should be) for is to go at least .500 in the division.

IF (a big IF given the 0-6 result this year)

hold our own in the home games (a reasonable team loses only one at home but we have not been reasonable for a while)

steal a couple on the road (KC is possible but it truly is a steal after that

we come out with 9 wins and still need some help to get inbut it is possible.

4 wins would be an increbile season for Dick and our Bills next season. My prediction, 2-14.

I'm an optimist...but I can't see this team with Limp Dick on the sidelines being better than 3-13.....I can't wait to be at that Indy game with all my friends from Indianapolis rubbing it in my face....

i am and always will be a bills fan, but i cannot see DJ beating NE anytime soon, and as far as the fins, i dont see that either, and if bret retires, i think that they can win the home game against the jets, so the way i look at it, at best a 1-5 division record, i hope they prove me wrong and i dont waste the 300 on my superfan and sunday ticket to watch the :thumbdown: i did this year!

1. The key to our success next year is the defensive line. We will need a strong pass rush and at least 3 sacks per game.

2. Schonert and edwards must study and prepare for the opposition's 3-4 defense. we seem to be able to hold our own with the 4-3.

3. i believe we will go 2-4 in the division and 3-7 outside. net next year 5-11.

This is all a bunch of crap. Every years schedule is a killer because it's the NFL. However, you truly can't compare a schedule based on a what a team did last year. Every year teams are different. Let's say Atlanta losses Michael Turner in preseason next year, they obviously won't be the same team.

Buffalo has to follow Atlanta's blueprint and become a more consistent, power running team. We have the horses in the backfield and we have a strong o-line. We need to add a tight end who can makes play consistently. Another WR would be nice because I doubt Harvey will contribute much if his knee is bad as reported. Evans and Reed are good but Parrish is too small and misused.

However, the big changes must come on defense. We need to get guy who can pressure the qb. Everything in this defensively starts with putting pressure on the other guys signal caller. IMO, Kelsey has to go and a healthy Schobel is a must. Then we need a far better end on the opposite side. Ellison cannot be the starter at OLB next year, too undersized.

Free agency needs to focus on getting the TE, DE and LB spots shored up. The draft should focus on getting better quality depth. You always need DB's and LB's in this league and if possible a center would help.

Focusing on the strength of schedule is ridiculous. It's what timid people do who worry about everything.

You want to be a good team? Go out and beat good teams.

Ultimately the schedule doesn't matter anyway. This joke of a franchise with a joke of a coaching staff will find a way to lose to anybody. If the Detroit Lions had played the Bills this year, they probably wouldn't have finished winless.

This is all a bunch of crap. Every years schedule is a killer because it's the NFL. However, you truly can't compare a schedule based on a what a team did last year. Every year teams are different. Let's say Atlanta losses Michael Turner in preseason next year, they obviously won't be the same team.

Buffalo has to follow Atlanta's blueprint and become a more consistent, power running team. We have the horses in the backfield and we have a strong o-line. We need to add a tight end who can makes play consistently. Another WR would be nice because I doubt Harvey will contribute much if his knee is bad as reported. Evans and Reed are good but Parrish is too small and misused.

However, the big changes must come on defense. We need to get guy who can pressure the qb. Everything in this defensively starts with putting pressure on the other guys signal caller. IMO, Kelsey has to go and a healthy Schobel is a must. Then we need a far better end on the opposite side. Ellison cannot be the starter at OLB next year, too undersized.

Free agency needs to focus on getting the TE, DE and LB spots shored up. The draft should focus on getting better quality depth. You always need DB's and LB's in this league and if possible a center would help.

We have a tough schedule plain and simple..... Doesn't mean we can't do well, but we have out of division foes who went 13-3, 12-4, 12-4 and 11-5 to start. Winning teams on top include TB, NO. This years schedule was easy at first look. Other thing to note is that to win many of these games we will need to score points, something we seem to not like to do. Tough schedule for 2009 plain and simple.

Not only the scheudule but one thing we now have to look at is the coaching matchups. We'll be behind the eight ball against the whole AFC East. The whole NFC South as well. That leaves the six other games (not the divisions that we are matched against in 09) where Dick matches up against Jeff Fisher, Tony Dungy, Gary Kubiak, a new coach in Cleveland, Jack Del Rio, and Herm Edwards.

Feel good about outpreparing anyone next season? :thumbdown:

Don't get worked up over the schedule. Every year someone says the next years schedule is going to be tough.

Truth is, we won't know how difficult it is until midway through next season. Every year some good teams become bad teams and bad teams suddenly become teams on the rise.

For example, you mention Tennessee, and they have an interesting situation on their hands in the upcoming off-season. Kerry Collins is a free agent. So is Albert Haynesworth. Since we're playing the hypothetical game, what if they both leave? Suddenly, Tennessee isn't impossible to beat.

You said Jacksonville COULD be much improved. By the grace of god, so could the Buffalo Bills. Any team could be much improved. The Jags looked like crap this year. Who's to say that will change?

Tampa Bay finished the season off in disastrous fashion. Who knows if they decide to roll with Jeff Garcia.

Houston has improved but we have them at home. That's a game you should win.

Indianapolis and New Orleans are coming here and they are definitely really good offensive teams but will both quarterbacks be healthy? How about their wide-receivers? What if we acquire a pass-rusher opposite Aaron Schobel? As for the division games, we were in both games against the Fins and Jets. New England will always have our number (as long as Dick is here) but the other teams aren't difficult to beat.

See what I mean? For every situation you lay out, there's an opposing question. We just don't know how difficult the schedule will be. It's all dependent on how well our team performs.

Not only the scheudule but one thing we now have to look at is the coaching matchups. We'll be behind the eight ball against the whole AFC East. The whole NFC South as well. That leaves the six other games (not the divisions that we are matched against in 09) where Dick matches up against Jeff Fisher, Tony Dungy, Gary Kubiak, a new coach in Cleveland, Jack Del Rio, and Herm Edwards.

Feel good about outpreparing anyone next season? :thumbdown:

Of course John Fox Carolina would be the #1 seed in the NFC if he did not pull a Dick Jauron vs. NYG, when he decided that his kicker can hit a 48 yarder at the end of the game vs. trying to get a first down (ran to center the ball vs. try and throw for a first down). So see Jauron has company as far as boneheaded plays go.....