On the way to a new low for the franchise

Mularkey

Maybe the Bills wont hit a low in the record column or the box office but this has to be one of the worst days in Bills history for the fans. I hope that I am proved wrong but I think some good talent will be wasted due to the coaching/front office. I believe that this season was wasted due to coaching. Not saying the Bills had the talent to win it all but playoffs should have been a reality. With the way the schedule was and with Brady going down the Bills had all they needed to get off the playoff schnide. Poor coaching and management squandered an incredible start. Yes, the players contributed but the coaching ultimately did them in. Reward the man who cost your franchise a shot at the playoffs and it proves to the fans as well as the rest of the NFL just how low this franchise has sunk into the abyss.

I'll always be a die hard fan of the Bills but today hurt and it is not that I didn't see it coming cause I did but as a Bills fan deep down you hold out hope that the franchise will turn it around and become relevant again and the only way to do that is with a solid coach with a proven record and a great front office and sadly the Bills have neither.

Maybe the Bills wont hit a low in the record column or the box office but this has to be one of the worst days in Bills history for the fans. I hope that I am proved wrong but I think some good talent will be wasted due to the coaching/front office. I believe that this season was wasted due to coaching. Not saying the Bills had the talent to win it all but playoffs should have been a reality. With the way the schedule was and with Brady going down the Bills had all they needed to get off the playoff schnide. Poor coaching and management squandered an incredible start. Yes, the players contributed but the coaching ultimately did them in. Reward the man who cost your franchise a shot at the playoffs and it proves to the fans as well as the rest of the NFL just how low this franchise has sunk into the abyss.

I'll always be a die hard fan of the Bills but today hurt and it is not that I didn't see it coming cause I did but as a Bills fan deep down you hold out hope that the franchise will turn it around and become relevant again and the only way to do that is with a solid coach with a proven record and a great front office and sadly the Bills have neither.

It was worse when we had Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough as head coaches. The team was horrible. We were lucky to win 3 games during those years. So it was worse.

It was worse when we had Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough as head coaches. The team was horrible. We were lucky to win 3 games during those years. So it was worse.

I'm not sure I'd call that worse considering that those birdbrains didn't get 4 years apiece like Mr Jauron has.

Well this era isn't over yet. As long as the playoff drought persists this just gets worse and worse. This is the longest playoff drought in franchise history. :lol:

We haven't seen the low point yet. Fans talk about going 7-9 as being mediocre, well, the next step is plain bad.

With the schedule they have in 09, it's going to be interesting to see how this team will manage against Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Indy, Tennessee, and of course the Patsies twice.

Buffalo's strength of schedule was pretty poor. Next year it goes up a few notches.

What I find most depressing about this non-move is the lack of hope that it leaves us with. You're right the record doesn't really matter... 2-14 or 9-7... what's the difference? We're not making the playoffs, we're not trying to make the playoffs, we're just going through the motions. Honestly, I had held out hope all season that Jauron could turn things around, that the players could turn things around. But that last game was abysmal. We didn't belong on the same field as the Pats* and not because out players sucked, but because we were so woefully under prepared and out coached. If Jauron had shown any ability whatsoever to improve, I might feel differently. But, he hasn't. He just hasn't. So what are we left with? Not much. :lol:

This is the Friggin Lonnie Johnson coach and staff. Every year, people would say that was the year Lonnie would finally put it together, translate all that potential and talent into making plays on the field. And, every year, like clockwork, he'd do the same shenanigans, like when he caught the pass on the fake punt only to keep running while looking behind him, get absolutely lit up by Darren Sharper, and fumble the ball. Well, now we are supposed to believe that Dick Jauron is finally going to get it together and become an NFL head coach with another chance. :lol: It's hysterical, really.

This is the Friggin Lonnie Johnson coach and staff. Every year, people would say that was the year Lonnie would finally put it together, translate all that potential and talent into making plays on the field. And, every year, like clockwork, he'd do the same shenanigans, like when he caught the pass on the fake punt only to keep running while looking behind him, get absolutely lit up by Darren Sharper, and fumble the ball. Well, now we are supposed to believe that Dick Jauron is finally going to get it together and become an NFL head coach with another chance. :lol: It's hysterical, really.

RW and RB doesn't know where to look to find another head coach who can win.....Really, who would even want to come here?

RW and RB doesn't know where to look to find another head coach who can win.....Really, who would even want to come here?

That's the truly sad thing. When you boil this down, this move basically says, "We (the inner circle) know that this stuff stinks and should be fixed. But, we don't have a clue how to fix it and because of our past blunders, dumb hires, and mistakes, we scare ourselves so bad that we're not even going to try to change anything. We've screwed up so badly for so long, we can't trust ourselves to make a competent decision so we choose to do nothing."

That's the truly sad thing. When you boil this down, this move basically says, "We (the inner circle) know that this stuff stinks and should be fixed. But, we don't have a clue how to fix it and because of our past blunders, dumb hires, and mistakes, we scare ourselves so bad that we're not even going to try to change anything. We've screwed up so badly for so long, we can't trust ourselves to make a competent decision so we choose to do nothing."

That pretty much says it all. This was the year to make something happen. Next year's schedule is a bear. The Bills won't get a whiff of the playoffs.

I'm sure word has spread in the past 20 years how hard it is to win with RW owning and Linda Bogdan crying in that front office.

It'd be naive to think guys like Polian and AJ Smith haven't told other executives that Buffalo is a wasteland, with an elderly dictator who wants to contol everything. DJ wouldn't have a job above position coach if it weren't for Buffalo.

I remember the John Rauch and Harvey Johnson days. If it hadn't been for Lou Saban's 1060's tenure I don't think anyone would've followed this team come 1972. In all do resoect to Harvey Johnson, he was really a front office type and not a coach. He was really put into a bad position.

I'm sure word has spread in the past 20 years how hard it is to win with RW owning and Linda Bogdan crying in that front office.

It'd be naive to think guys like Polian and AJ Smith haven't told other executives that Buffalo is a wasteland, with an elderly dictator who wants to contol everything. DJ wouldn't have a job above position coach if it weren't for Buffalo.

I'm still shocked that TD decided to work for Ralph. His name may be badly tarnished now, but he was in high demand by several teams & very well respected before he agreed to come here.