Help me understand this.

JP-era

Give me a frikkin break! It takes at least 2 hours to get to Buff from here.

Ohh and by the way Cablelady, WBNG already has switched over to showing the Jets/Giants even though you said they had committed to the Bills. WBNG is ABSOLUTELY not within 75 miles and ABSOLUTELY doesnt have ANY coverage that goes into the 75 mile radius.

Come on Cablelady, get on your company to fix this terrible error.

First Time Warner takes Empire off there standard package and we get stuck with Nascar and the Golf channel, neither of which are sports. Do Nascar cars even turn right?

Then they continue to jack up rates and charge you more for Road Runner if you dont also have their cable package.

Finally, they carry coverage from channels more east of here which means even more chance of not showing Bills games in favor of the Jests or Midgets.

no, it is just like syracuse, there is a corner of yates county(penn yan area) that is covered by syracuse tv. but because that little corner of yates county was within the 150 mile radius, the syracuse market was affected by black-out rules. i believe they rectum-fied that a while ago, but it could be a similar situation with corning

no, it is just like syracuse, there is a corner of yates county(penn yan area) that is covered by syracuse tv.  but because that little corner of yates county was within the 150 mile radius, the syracuse market was affected by black-out rules.  i believe they rectum-fied that a while ago, but it could be a similar situation with corning

91028[/snapback]

Actually it is a 75 mile radius. I thought the area that causes the Syracuse blackout is between Naples and Bristol - just a few miles of land that is mostly marshland, pasture, rocks, or water. The western-most part of Syracuse TV viewing area. More cows live in the area than people. :lol:

The NFL has played loosely with the "75 mile rule" in recent years. Viewing areas are now measured more or less by general proximity and not 75 miles from a certain stadium.

For example, a couple of years ago, the Bills wanted Syracuse included in their "home viewing area" and conveniently found a slice of land within 75 miles of RWS and "within" the Syracuse viewing area. Thus, Syracuse is now a Bills viewing area.

Of course, this doesn't mean the Bills, or any other team, may not trot out the "75 mile" decree when it sees fit. In the end, you will get the game(s) your "local" team wants you to see, sellout or not.

Guest Kennycusey

Ithaca gets Bills coverage from Binghamton station.

The NFL has played loosely with the "75 mile rule" in recent years.  Viewing areas are now measured more or less by general proximity and not 75 miles from a certain stadium. 

For example, a couple of years ago, the Bills wanted Syracuse included in their "home viewing area" and conveniently found a slice of land within 75 miles of RWS and "within" the Syracuse viewing area.  Thus, Syracuse is now a Bills viewing area.

Of course, this doesn't mean the Bills, or any other team, may not trot out the "75 mile" decree when it sees fit.  In the end, you will get the game(s) your "local" team wants you to see, sellout or not.

91264[/snapback]

Ohh and by the way Cablelady, WBNG already has switched over to showing the Jets/Giants even though you said they had committed to the Bills. WBNG is ABSOLUTELY not within 75 miles and ABSOLUTELY doesnt have ANY coverage that goes into the 75 mile radius.

First Time Warner takes Empire off there standard package and we get stuck with Nascar and the Golf channel, neither of which are sports. Do Nascar cars even turn right?

Then they continue to jack up rates and charge you more for Road Runner if you dont also have their cable package.

Finally, they carry coverage from channels more east of here which means even more chance of not showing Bills games in favor of the Jests or Midgets.

90970[/snapback]

First of all.....FOX has this week's game. Second of all.....my daughter works for WYDC-BigFOX and she tried to get the game for this area from their FOX rep. There's not really a nice way to say this, but......the FOX rep told her that basically the Bills suck (record-wise) and they will be showing the Giants game because the Giants have a better record.

Third of all.....your *RR* rate stays the same regardless if you have cable service or not.

:(

There's not really a nice way to say this, but......the FOX rep told her that basically the Bills suck (record-wise) and they will be showing the Giants games because the Giants have a better record.

91749[/snapback]

To be honest..... can you blame them? :(

4th of all....why don't you get off your ass and come to Orchard Park for the game?  :(

91774[/snapback]

True. Corning isn't that far, compared to New York City... or Florida... or San Diego...

Third of all.....your *RR* rate stays the same regardless if you have cable service or not.

91749[/snapback]

As much as I hate to,I must disagree Cablefox.....I get charged more for my RR stand alone than if I chose RR along with a cable package....

Therein lies the dilema....I have DTV so that I can enjoy the Bills and Sabres (not this year) and it is not offered through TW.

I always thought I was being penalized..much like our Bills.

As much as I hate to,I must disagree Cablefox.....I get charged more for my RR stand alone than if I chose RR along with a cable package....

92046[/snapback]

That's Texas for ya. :( Years ago it was that way up here, but it's been the same rate across the board for over a year now. The Texas Divisions better get up to speed.

First of all.....FOX has this week's game. Second of all.....my daughter works for WYDC-BigFOX and she tried to get the game for this area from their FOX rep. There's not really a nice way to say this, but......the FOX rep told her that basically the Bills suck (record-wise) and they will be showing the Giants game because the Giants have a better record.

:P

91749[/snapback]

Thanks for settig the record straight. I would see you there, but R.Rich took my seats! :(

The Bills don't suck, they are just learning a new system. :wub::lol::lol:

91749[/snapback]

OK, so what your saying is that the game would in fact have been covered by WBNG if it wasnt covered by the NFC Fox affiliate. OK, so what happened last week? Again, no local coverage here for the Bal game.

Remember, a few weeks back, I asked you how long it would be before the stations pulled the plug and went to showing the Jests instead? You claimed that WBNG had committed to the Bills. Well what happened last week vs. Bal?

Sorry, this is seeming to be an attack on you, and its not intended to be. This area is Bills country. Im sick and tired of stations jumping on the bandwagons when they need to be showing the Bills regardless of their record. Theres no excuse for showing the Jests or Midgets when this is Bills country!

Furthermore, 112 miles away is outside the 75 mile area. I guarantee that WBNG doesnt go INSIDE 75 miles with their coverage. Theres no reason not to show the Bills game last week!

You say the Fox affiliate is showing the Midgets instead because the Bills suck, fine nothing we can do there. But still this isnt Giants country, its Bills country!

Well, I guess ill have to pick my lazy as_ up and go to the local DTV bar that will ALWAYS show the game. Maybe Ill just get the NFL package and tell Time Warner to go to hell permanently!!!!!

Sorry, but just because Time Warner is such a giant of a company doesnt mean their customer service should suffer. Again, I have yet another reason to complain about Time Warner and want to go to DTV!!!! If they truly cared about there customers, they would make sure that the Bills are ALWAYS on in Bills country!! DTV doesnt have that problem does it?

90970[/snapback]

So buy season tickets! At a bargain basement price of 30.00 per seat which is cheaper than a travelling broadway show, rock concert or dinner at a moderately priced restaurant. And how many times will the LA bills are on tv in Corning????Who will we blame then?

OK, so what your saying is that the game would in fact have been covered by WBNG if it wasnt covered by the NFC Fox affiliate. OK, so what happened last week? Again, no local coverage here for the Bal game.

Remember, a few weeks back, I asked you how long it would be before the stations pulled the plug and went to showing the Jests instead? You claimed that WBNG had committed to the Bills. Well what happened last week vs. Bal?

Sorry, this is seeming to be an attack on you, and its not intended to be. This area is Bills country. Im sick and tired of stations jumping on the bandwagons when they need to be showing the Bills regardless of their record. Theres no excuse for showing the Jests or Midgets when this is Bills country!

Furthermore, 112 miles away is outside the 75 mile area. I guarantee that WBNG doesnt go INSIDE 75 miles with their coverage. Theres no reason not to show the Bills game last week!

You say the Fox affiliate is showing the Midgets instead because the Bills suck, fine nothing we can do there. But still this isnt Giants country, its Bills country!

Well, I guess ill have to pick my lazy as_ up and go to the local DTV bar that will ALWAYS show the game. Maybe Ill just get the NFL package and tell Time Warner to go to hell permanently!!!!!

Sorry, but just because Time Warner is such a giant of a company doesnt mean their customer service should suffer. Again, I have yet another reason to complain about Time Warner and want to go to DTV!!!! If they truly cared about there customers, they would make sure that the Bills are ALWAYS on in Bills country!! DTV doesnt have that problem does it?

92155[/snapback]

One more thing, when I had NFL package under DTV, I set it up in Bath, NY and was able to get a blacked out game. Could it be that DTV looks at your zip-code and if your zip isnt in the 75 mile radius, you get the game? That would then mean that having the DTV NFL Sunday Ticket would give you games that your local channels wouldnt show during a blackout! Local channels can either switch to another regional team if the "home" team sucks, or are stuck with blackout rules if their coverage area goes into the 75 mile radius. So, a person who lives in say Corning, who gets Buffalo stations wouldnt get blacked out games on cable, but becasue their actual zip is outside the 75 mile radius they WOULD get blacked out games on the NFL sunday ticket DTV setup! Is that right?

I dont see anyway that DTV could use anything OTHER than your zipcode. The NFL owns and shows the games in the NFL sunday ticket package, NOT the local stations. So, since the NFL owns the games in that setup, and the local stations have nothing to do with it, we cant be stuck with the coverage goes into 75 mile radius rule! They must simply go by where each person lives, which means I would never be blacked out and would see every game regardless of record or bandwagon jumping clown stations!

91749[/snapback]

Hey cablelady, I live close enough to see the Bills play in person if I want to, something I have total control over. But I want to complain about how the NFL, cable and DTV choose which game to broadcast, something none of us have any control over. Waaaa!

I think maybe his reception is being affected by not improper construction of his Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie - shiny side out, JP-era. Shiny side out.