And with the 11th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft

Nightcrawler

I'm going to say that right now, until we know which underclassmen will declare for the NFL in 2009, we really cant say who the Bills will pick...Most of the posters on TBD want a DE(including me), but the talent at DE, if Brown, Selvie and Hardy don't declare, might not warrant a DE in round 1...The best DE's for pick #11 would be Brian Orakpo or Micheal Johnson...But I see Orakpo going to KC at pick #3 and Johnson going to the Packers at pick #9 in almost every mock draft...After those 2 there's Conner Barwin, Matt Shaughnessy and Tyson Jackson...All of which are rated for round 2 and 3...If Brown, Selvie or Hardy do not declare, I might say C Alex Mack would be the best pick at #11...I know a lot of ppl want a OLB on TBD, but Buffalo has Alvin Bowen waiting to come in next season and it seems Crowel is rumored to maybe be back in Buffalo next year...So I see a decision of one of these 4 for pick #11 : DE Micheal Johnson, DE Everrit Brown, S William Moore or C Alex Mack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobonators, I like the guys you speak of here but I would have to move OLB up to #2. You said it all with Ellison and after watch Weatherspoon for Missouri for the 4th time this year he is the playmaking LB we've been looking for. Everette Brown would be my DE of choice. Caldwell would be my 3rd rd. choice and Coffman would be my pick after that. You really did your homework.

Ya, either way we're going to need an upgrade at LB. There are a few scenarios, however, and we may not have to draft one if we're able to keep Crowell, or pick up a FA LB this offseason. I personally would rather sign a veteran LB, and draft a DE than vise/versa.

Regardless, TE will have to be addressed in the first 3 rounds...I can't see any other way around that. We play one man down every single time on offense. Royal may have had more drops than catches this year. Simply horrid.

I honestly believe that after the combine, when all the numbers are said and done, that BOTH Orakpo and Brown will be taken before we pick.

That said, I don't like the other DE's at that spot, and I'm hoping we drop down and take TE Jermain Gresham. I've never, and I repeat never, seen someone as smooth as him run and catch the ball. I truly think that adding Jermaine would change the whole dynamic of our offense. He's not a normal TE, he's not even a normal good TE, he's extremely unusual and rare.

Vernon Davis?

Uh, you missed the post about cartoon characters, and which one reminded you most about the Bills, it was a couple of weeks ago, you really need to stay with us here. BTW my pick was Underdog.

No cartoon characters remind me of any player on the Bills. I was precisely saying what would help us. I apologize for not posting on every thread everyday.

I know WTF??!?!! Seriously?!?!??! And an 11-5 team not make the playoffs?!!? THEY NEED TO CHANGE THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

......... :worthy:

Yea, I dont think that any 11-5 team should miss the playoff but im happy as a pig in mud its the Patroits

lol the NFL just cheated on the Pats

Feels good doesnt it :worthy:

With the 11th pick the Buffalo Bills select Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Trade Peters to the Detroit Lions for a 2nd and 3rd round picks, Detroit will be looking to rebuild their O-line, Buffalo tries to aquire a 1st for peters but they can't so they take an early 2nd and 3rd, Here's how our draft turns out.

1st- Brian Orakpo DE ( I have seen Mock drafts where he has slipped out of the top 10)

2nd-( Peter's trade)- Alex Mack C ( Address the center position early, this could be a steal for us)

2nd- Jermain Gresham TE ( Definitly select a tight end in this position)

3rd(Peters trade)- Marcus Freeman OLB ( Provides a solid linebacker in the Later rounds)

3rd- Kraig Urbik OG-OT ( Addressing the o-line, could take Peters spot)

4th- Phillip Hunt DE, Houston ( Watched him throughout the season, costantly got pressure on the QB)

5th- Aaron Kelly WR, Clemson ( Great height at 6-5)

6th- Chase Daniel QB ( Eh, why not?)

7th- Andre Brown RB, N.C. St. ( Could be the replacement of Xavier Omon)

you must work for the Bills.

get rid of a Pro Bowl at bargain basement prices and then try to replace him with a 3rd round rookie.

why not spend the money on a pro bowl LT and use existing resources to build other weak areas.

why not spend the money on a pro bowl LT and use existing resources to build other weak areas.

The Bills MO these past few seasons has been to shed good players and then keep on the treadmill by replacing them with draft picks. Letting Fletcher and Clements go forced us to draft Posluszny and McKelvin. Releasing Milloy meant drafting Whitner, at least according to DJ, who ultimately decided in that first draft.

Someone will inevtiably pipe in and talk about the cap, and how those players cost money, but when you draft for need every season, you'll never get talented enough across the board.

Sad thing is, the Bills have been in rebuild mode for three seasons with DJ, and their final record isn't any better.

Trading Peters for picks would be just like the typical third rate front office Buffalo has.

If Aaron Curry is on the board when we pick everyone can thank the football gods.

agreed - overall he's the best- pass rushing, pass defending, run stuffing, chasing from the back side, open field tackles, and good hands and ball skills- some LBs might do one or two things better but he does everything so very very well.

Uh, you missed the post about cartoon characters, and which one reminded you most about the Bills, it was a couple of weeks ago, you really need to stay with us here. BTW my pick was Underdog.

no, the bills remind me of professor chaos (butter's alter ego on south park)