Jim Johnson???

JFS1971

Jim Johnson was on a Eagles radio show today. They asked him about some head coaching jobs out there and if he would be interested. He replied if they call me i'll sit down with them. I know Johnson is up their in age but so is Marty and i dont think it will cost that much to get him.

Jim Johnson was on a Eagles radio show today. They asked him about some head coaching jobs out there and if he would be interested. He replied if they call me i'll sit down with them. I know Johnson is up their in age but so is Marty and i dont think it will cost that much to get him.

Jim Johnson helped Marv Levy get a job with the USFL

In a second. I love watching Jim Johnson defenses. Fast, aggressive, and plays responsibilites well. Just a look at former pupils Steve Spagnuolo and John Harbaugh, tells me all I need to know. No defensive coordinator over the years has a more consistent bunch then Jim Johnson with the exception of Dick Lebeau and Monte Kiffin. I'd take Spags just as well, but Johnson is on the list of guys I would like to see replace Jauron

Marv last year on his show said Jim Johnson is the best DC in the NFL. I would be happy with a guy like that who is innovative, takes risks and attacks. His defenses know how to play, are not vanilla. Look at that team yesterday and what they did to Romo and the Boys

I would love Jim Johnson for HC. He's a great DC and I absolutely love the way he calls his defense. All those blitz schemes are super-effective. Philly always field a good defense due in large part to the coaching by Jim Johnson.

Yup and for the most part they do it without, what one would consider all star players. Most people probably couldn't even name the de opposite trent cole, or their lb core without looking it up. Yet the eagles defense is consistently among the tops in the league.

Either one is going to cost us 4 mil a year and Ralph refuses to spend more than 1.5 so what do you think our chances are of getting a big name coach?

Yup and for the most part they do it without, what one would consider all star players. Most people probably couldn't even name the de opposite trent cole, or their lb core without looking it up. Yet the eagles defense is consistently among the tops in the league.

Chris Gocong :angry:

Chris Gocong :angry:

They have 4 legit all pros playing behind all of those blitzes. Samuel, Brown and Shepard are great man defenders. Not to mention Dawkins who somehow gets it done every year. They have a small fast front 4 who can get pressure with or without blitzing. Cole and J Thomas are those small quick ends that the Bills can never seem to draft and Darren Howard has always consistantly registered sacks. The only thing that the Bills have that would fit is their CB's. Now that Greer will be gone after this year do you want Reggie Corner chasing Wes Welker underneath?

I love Jim Johnson but you gotta wonder why he hasnt been tapped to coach. Does he want to be a head coach at his age for the first time and put in all of the hours? I could be wrong but there is a reason coodinators stay coodinators. Johnson and M. Kiffen probably look at what happened to Lebeau and say I am making a ton of money and I have job security, who needs that?