At the very least, Jauron will be enshrined forever

GG

For creating a new lexicon of Bills' coaching lore.

Now, when we're tired of overusing the "sails in the wind" classic, we can use, "I dunno, it worked well in practice on Friday."

All the Bills' scribes thank you for your contribution to the next installment of Relentless.

Now, when we're tired of overusing the "sails in the wind" classic, we can use, "I dunno, it worked well in practice on Friday."

All the Bills' scribes thank you for your contribution to the next installment of Relentless.

Dick proved that even morons can get an Ivy league education.

Other Dick-isms.

"We just didn't execute."

and my personal favorite: "The NFL is a tough league to win in."

Dick proved that even morons can get an Ivy league education.

Why did people actually think he was some stand out intellect because of his university? He went there to play football. He probably took shop class with a special tutor to get his straight A's. That's what they do to most athletes at big schools.

I'm becoming a fan of the one Jerry Sullivan pointed out...

Opening a press conference after the last game of a losing season with:

"Obviously, a really interesting day weather-wise."

I'm using this one today. Australia is at risk of losing the cricket to South Africa, potential for a first time 3-0 series white wash. The team has been bad (some players have done their bit, but the TEAM has been bad). With luck, it will rain and "wash-out" the play creating a draw. Questions surround the future of almost 1/2 the team. How to answer these difficult questions, "Obviously, a really interesting day weather-wise."

Whoops. You're right. Jauron is a genius. A Man Genius.

I am not saying that he is a genius or not. I just would not assume he is stupid just because he was a student-athlete. For that matter, I would not assume the same of a student-athlete at other schools.

I am not sure if his mistakes are a product of his intelligence anyway.

I am not saying that he is a genius or not. I just would not assume he is stupid just because he was a student-athlete. For that matter, I would not assume the same of a student-athlete at other schools.

I am not sure if his mistakes are a product of his intelligence anyway.

You are saying something similar to me. You can't assume. Likewise, you can't assume, like the other fans have (especially during the offseason he was acquired) , that coming out of college he was privy to a more situational intelligence than other coaches.

You are saying something similar to me. You can't assume. Likewise, you can't assume, like the other fans have (especially during the offseason he was acquired) , that coming out of college he was privy to a more situational intelligence than other coaches.

The main difference is that you're assuming directly relating to Jauron, while he's comparing overall ivy student athletes to other big school athletes. One generalization is fact-based, the other is conjecture. Ivy school athletes may not all be MENSA members, but Ivy athletics are nowhere near like big school athletics.

Of course, none of that means anything with respect to Jauron's game management, and no one inside OBD made that a selling point. Yet, people just assume that DJ got hired because Levy went to Harvard & Jauron to Yale.

My all time favorite is still: "He is a punt catcher."

No Bills coach will ever top that.

If Dick Jauron would have gone 10-6-0, 11-5-0 and dropped to 8-8-0 this season, with two playoff appearances in those 3 seasons, would any of us be calling for his head right now?? Hell no. Well, that's the exact record Wade Phillips had in his three seasons coaching the Bills. He takes nothing but crap from fans still today, 9 years after he was fired. The truth is he was better then any coach hired since, and if Jones fires him in Dallas, I would not be upset to see Wilson give him another shot.