Campaign thread to force Ralph out as owner

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Step one: Refuse to support the team as long as Wilson owns it.

Step two: Pass it on

what does that mean? i already haven't been to a game in 3 years (for family and job reasons). i hate the donohoe-style jerseys and won't buy another one till they redesign them. is that what you're talking about?

although i did buy the baby a bills "onesie" the other day...it was so cute and on sale so i couldn't resist- did i shoot myself in the foot on that one?

i already pretty much B word and complain about everything i can think of. does that help? tell me what else, short of a military coup, i can do to help force ralph wilson out as the bills owner.

Ralph Wilson is simply not fit to run this team, and his contempt for Buffalo is palpable everytime he is asked about the future of the franchise. He could care less if they win, could care less if the team remains in Buffalo long term, and could care less what the fans think as long as he gets his money.

Well, I think it's time to run him out of town. We shouldn't just take what he gives us and say thank you because we have so little esteem we're just happy to have anything at all. If he wants to threaten us with relocation I say we respond by telling him to go to hell. Better to have this cold, greedy ass-hole take his miser act someplace else, because he's done nothing but take advantage of our loyalties as fans, spit on us, and crap on our faces when we complain.

Ralph: Do us all a favor and get rid of the team. Relocate it if you don't think Buffalo is good enough for the NFL, or sell it now to the highest bidder and let the chips fall where they may. Just get the hell out and don't let the door hit you in the ass. Here's to you and that family fortune we paid for going bankrupt. Bills fans should say "ENOUGH" and turn their backs on Wilson's garbage he calls a team. We aren't going to play the battered wife role forever; just take it again and again because we don't want to risk being alone. We'll do just fine without you Ralph, thanks.

GET OUT!

my confidence in this thread working is as steadfast as my confidence in the Bills' chances against New England yesterday.

Now that Ralph knows that Endzone Animal doesn't approve, I'm sure we'll get the change that we so desperately want.

then step three: bills move bc of first two steps

Better no team at all than one owned by Ralph. Relocating is a step up from the current situation. At least if he relocates there's a chance that we could pull off a Cleveland, a St. Louis, a Baltimore, or a Houston and get a team again but without Ralph Wilson being involved. It's a risk that is well worth taking.

Better no team at all than one owned by Ralph. Relocating is a step up from the current situation. At least if he relocates there's a chance that we could pull off a Cleveland, a St. Louis, a Baltimore, or a Houston and get a team again but without Ralph Wilson being involved. It's a risk that is well worth taking.

isnt that a bit drastic with a 90yr old owner? why not run out the clock with him, were already bad at thta, and see what happens

what does that mean? i already haven't been to a game in 3 years (for family and job reasons). i hate the donohoe-style jerseys and won't buy another one till they redesign them. is that what you're talking about?

although i did buy the baby a bills "onesie" the other day...it was so cute and on sale so i couldn't resist- did i shoot myself in the foot on that one?

i already pretty much B word and complain about everything i can think of. does that help? tell me what else, short of a military coup, i can do to help force ralph wilson out as the bills owner.

Just bring more of you on board. You are doing everything right, and if enough people do as you are doing we'll be done with Ralph forever.

They did a great job in St Louis. Unfortunately the rail was large enough to pack the team on it too and they all went to Az. Ditto for Houston, or should I say Tenn. Fortunately for them the Rams showed up on their doorstep and the NFL decided they wanted a team located in one of the ten largest cities in the county so Houston got a second chance. If you think that's going to happen here, you're out of your mind. If the Bill's leave, they are gone forever.

The fans in St' Louis all but ran Bidwell out on a rail. In Houston they shoved out Bud Adams two years early on his Astrodome lease. It can be done, people.

no it isn't.

if the bills move on, the only tailgate party that you'll ever see at that stadium again is the one that happens they day they demolish it.

i agree the future is looking bleak, but i don't want the bills to move.

Ralph Wilson is simply not fit to run this team, and his contempt for Buffalo is palpable everytime he is asked about the future of the franchise. He could care less if they win, could care less if the team remains in Buffalo long term, and could care less what the fans think as long as he gets his money.

Well, I think it's time to run him out of town. We shouldn't just take what he gives us and say thank you because we have so little esteem we're just happy to have anything at all. If he wants to threaten us with relocation I say we respond by telling him to go to hell. Better to have this cold, greedy ass-hole take his miser act someplace else, because he's done nothing but take advantage of our loyalties as fans, spit on us, and crap on our faces when we complain.

Ralph: Do us all a favor and get rid of the team. Relocate it if you don't think Buffalo is good enough for the NFL, or sell it now to the highest bidder and let the chips fall where they may. Just get the hell out and don't let the door hit you in the ass. Here's to you and that family fortune we paid for going bankrupt. Bills fans should say "ENOUGH" and turn their backs on Wilson's garbage he calls a team. We aren't going to play the battered wife role forever; just take it again and again because we don't want to risk being alone. We'll do just fine without you Ralph, thanks.

GET OUT!

I share you sentiments that it is time for RW to sell the team and let someone else who wants to compete for the title run it. However, the Bills are his property and he can do whatever, whenever he pleases. All we can do is vote with our wallets and stop buying the tickets and the merchandise.. but I am quite sure there will be at least 50-60 thousand knuckleheads in the stands next year (minimum) assuming the team wins a few games early, which they will. Why? Because the Bills are the only game in town and Ralph knows it.

The NFL likes it's traditional franchise cities to keep teams. If Ralph wants to move us, buh-bye. Running him out would be the best thing that could ever happen to Buffalo, and the galvinization of the city to replace Wilson's crap with a new team would spark an explosion of growth. Of course, forcing him to sell because the city rejected him could also lead to a local big dollar owner to buy him out, which would be ideal, of course.

Time for NYC to start funding Buffalo projects instead of the other way around. This uproar would create the perfect opportunity to force investment here to rebuild a new stadium downtown, on a rebuilt waterfront, and give the city a shiny new start. Out with the bad...

The NFL likes it's traditional franchise cities to keep teams. If Ralph wants to move us, buh-bye. Running him out would be the best thing that could ever happen to Buffalo, and the galvinization of the city to replace Wilson's crap with a new team would spark an explosion of growth. Of course, forcing him to sell because the city rejected him could also lead to a local big dollar owner to buy him out, which would be ideal, of course.

Time for NYC to start funding Buffalo projects instead of the other way around. This uproar would create the perfect opportunity to force investment here to rebuild a new stadium downtown, on a rebuilt waterfront, and give the city a shiny new start. Out with the bad...

This may be the most absurd post of all time. Here is what happens if the Bills leave Buffalo............... nothing. We simply don't have pro football and Buffalo's one thing that makes it different from Utica disappears. There will be no "galvinization of the city", no new stadiums funded by NYC, no new waterfront projects and no new owner that would be interested in investing in a team that has no seat licenses, sells luxury boxes at a fraction of costs that other cities derive and invest in a community that has done nothing but contract since the 1950's. God Bless Ralph Wilson for bringing the team here in 1960, keeping the team here when he has had several opportunities to move them and has provided Western New York with its one thing to be proud of as the area declines and our economy worsens. I will also note that several of the biggest Wilson critics left Buffalo a long time ago.

This may be the most absurd post of all time. Here is what happens if the Bills leave Buffalo............... nothing. We simply don't have pro football and Buffalo's one thing that makes it different from Utica disappears. There will be no "galvinization of the city", no new stadiums funded by NYC, no new waterfront projects and no new owner that would be interested in investing in a team that has no seat licenses, sells luxury boxes at a fraction of costs that other cities derive and invest in a community that has done nothing but contract since the 1950's. God Bless Ralph Wilson for bringing the team here in 1960, keeping the team here when he has had several opportunities to move them and has provided Western New York with its one thing to be proud of as the area declines and our economy worsens. I will also note that several of the biggest Wilson critics left Buffalo a long time ago.

The battered wife post of the year, folks. Crying because we should feel lucky anyone will have us. So he gave us a black eye, some bruised ribs, a few chunks of hair missing, sleeps with other women in other cities, at least he was willing to marry me in 1960. He may not be perfect, but I'd never get another suitor...look at me, I'm ugly and depressed...whaaaa!!

Come on, already! Stand up and show some pride in yourself! Stop being his doormat and walk out! Leave him!!

The battered wife post of the year, folks. Crying because we should feel lucky anyone will have us. So he gave us a black eye, some bruised ribs, a few chunks of hair missing, sleeps with other women in other cities, at least he was willing to marry me in 1960. He may not be perfect, but I'd never get another suitor...look at me, I'm ugly and depressed...whaaaa!!

Come on, already! Stand up and show some pride in yourself! Stop being his doormat and walk out! Leave him!!

Nice analogy. Totally irrelevant but well done.

In 2008, Buffalo is ugly and depressed. Love the City but it does not have much of a future.

So, I should give up my season tickets and watch the Bills leave town and wait for the magic owner to come along and miraculously there will be a new team, a new bright and shiny city, a new downtown, waterfront stadium.

You are practicing the first law of Jiminy Cricket... wishing will make it so.

Nice analogy. Totally irrelevant but well done.

Totally irrelevant AND well done? Odd way of thinking...

In 2008, Buffalo is ugly and depressed. Love the City but it does not have much of a future.

Of course, the battered wife always is self-loathing and thinks the abusive spouse is justified in beating her. If only you were prettier he wouldn't be so cheap, right? Or, is it that nobody else will have you, and an abusive husband is better than no husband at all? Maybe all of the above?

So, I should give up my season tickets and watch the Bills leave town and wait for the magic owner to come along and miraculously there will be a new team, a new bright and shiny city, a new downtown, waterfront stadium.

At least you'd have a chance at happiness. With Wilson still smacking you around you have no hope at all.

You are practicing the first law of Jiminy Cricket... wishing will make it so.

We can only hope...

"At least you'd have a chance at happiness. With Wilson still smacking you around you have no hope at all."

You know, there is where you and I fundamentally differ. The Bills bring me great happiness. I still look forward to every Sunday. I still love to watch the games. They frustrate me incredibly but so do a lot of sports teams.

It sounds like you would rather go without football in Buffalo than these endless 7-9 teams. I would rather have football in Buffalo. It is that simple. Ralph Wilson brought football to Buffalo, kept them in Buffalo and if we ever lose this team, there is zero chance of another franchise locating here. The economic potential is so much greater in other metropolitan areas.

I lived through Harvey Johnson and Hank Bullogh. I will survive the Jauron era. Go Bills!

I wish a contingent of elderly Bills fans would surround Ralph and beat the piss outta him. He totally deserves it, but he's now too old to say that about if yer younger than 75.

Come on, Gramps, kick his leathery ass!!!!!!!!

It's a risk that is well worth taking.

Uh Huh...

If you don't like the product, stop buying it. That's your right as a consumer of entertainment productions like the Bills.

But realize the NFL is not a birthright--particularly in a market that'll never get a whiff of another team if the one here now goes bye-bye.