Jauron outcoached by a show-off jerk

But those other brilliant calls....leaving the offense out on 4th and 12 against the wind.....forcing the Bills to call a timeout....that would've worked on every other team in the league. that was just showing off And the quick kick on 3rd down? Same thing. Just Bellichik trying to add to his own legend.

Uh, no..that was Belichick trying to win a game, which he usually does. It's called tactics, and if you want to win a football game, you need to employ them. The game within the game. It's not all about lining up and putting a man on a man and seeing who wins. It's chess. You try to gain every advantage within the rules.

The punt was brilliant, and brilliantly executed, as usual. Starting a false melee and failing to get up off the turf? Belichick had him prepared for that situation, and he has used that tactic MANY times in the past. I think we've even discussed it here before. The Bills should have been prepared for that; they were not. They all should have been running immediately to the line; they did not. Before that, they should have been running a no-huddle, yet they did not. The team was unprepared to play a game against Belichick, and Belichick took advantage yet again.

Belichick is only "adding to his own legend" by continuing to outcoach lesser football minds. He might be a jerk, I don't care. All I know is he's the best coach in the game.

I agree, that was one of the best play calls i have seen in the nfl

He had gone for it 3 times on 4th down, and had the wind, and was showing off. It was not necessary to win the game. it was necessary to show off his brilliance.

It was a great call, but in my opinion it was done out of arrogance and braggadocio. The Pats would've whipped the bills either way. hell, they probably would've scored on the drive. He was just flexing his mental muscles.

You guys are in love with Bellichick, go root for those guys. Oh wait, they are done too.

Yup. I think our high school coach quick-kicks at least once in every game. I called one before the snap at a road game this season, and the clock/PA guys said "yeah, right" ... then looked at me in disbelief when it actually happened.

Don't see it that often in an NFL game, though. Yesterday, as I saw Cassel drop the ball for the kick, I just shook my head and thought to myself, Great call.

You think Trent Edwards has ever practiced a quick-kick since coming to Buffalo? Think the coaching staff has ever even talked about the scenario, much less gameplanned it? I'm guessing ... no.

Not this group of coaches. I hate agreeing with DierDork but he was right about us needing to treat the 3rd quater wind advantage with more urgency by using the hurry-up. But no. This current staff is just not in tune with the little things that can turn a game the way other coaches are.

I think Flutie would have done it had the opportunity arose. With or without the coaches' blessings. He used to practice drop kicks, remember? Just in case we needed a surprise FG when least expected.

GO BILLS!!!

He had gone for it 3 times on 4th down, and had the wind, and was showing off. It was not necessary to win the game. it was necessary to show off his brilliance.

It was a great call, but in my opinion it was done out of arrogance and braggadocio. The Pats would've whipped the bills either way. hell, they probably would've scored on the drive. He was just flexing his mental muscles.

You guys are in love with Bellichick, go root for those guys. Oh wait, they are done too.

Absolutely right. It was no more then showing off. If they did not convert on 3rd down the same kick would have resulted on 4th down. The difference is our play calling and game management is so bad, that we have no idea what constitutes really good play calls. When we have the wind, we should be hurrying the offense and maximizing our opportunities, which we did not do. Our botched play at the end of the first half was the result of lethargic ball movement. When we got the ball there was 4:16 left in the half. At the 2 minute warning we were at the NE 37..... We went 25 yards to the 12 in 5 plays and stopped the clock twice. A turtle or a sloth moves faster then that.

We got the ball twice with the wind in the second quarter and were inept. Same in the third.... Belichek uses time outs to take advantage of the wind,we use up play clock. They go for it on 4th and we can't contain the QB or allow simple hitches/screens/3yard slants.

Did Jauron not notice that? Also Edwards threw a # of good passes with the wind at his back, which again DJ did not make a note of.

But please don't call the quick kick brilliant.... It was not.

You think Trent Edwards has ever practiced a quick-kick since coming to Buffalo? Think the coaching staff has ever even talked about the scenario, much less gameplanned it? I'm guessing ... no.

Fridays are very busy at OBD, you can't expect them to work on things that they may not screw up on Sunday.

Yup. I think our high school coach quick-kicks at least once in every game. I called one before the snap at a road game this season, and the clock/PA guys said "yeah, right" ... then looked at me in disbelief when it actually happened.

Don't see it that often in an NFL game, though. Yesterday, as I saw Cassel drop the ball for the kick, I just shook my head and thought to myself, Great call.

I hope they practiced it-Edwards punted twice in college in 2006 and averaged 55 yards per kick per Mel Kiper's 2007 Draft Report.

Totally agree. It is almost comical. Noway in h*ll Cassel snaps that ball. It was all about Belijerk proving once again how he is 10 steps ahead of the Skeletor in Game management. I swear, take the average 12 year old that plays Madden, & my money is on them managing a game better then the Skeletor. Worst game day coach I have ever seen on a bills sideline & that is saying something.

Jauron does look like Skelator after a couple years on Meth

Belichick looks like He man after he gave up roids and stopped bleaching his hair..

:sick::worthy: :worthy: you telling me that's still in the playbook up there? borro used to call at least one every week when i was there.

:sick::worthy: :worthy: you telling me that's still in the playbook up there? borro used to call at least one every week when i was there.

Absolutely. I was telling Lee about it tonight, in fact, and he said the same thing -- "They were doing that when I was in school."