I'm not accusing - I'm simply wondering

dave mcbride

As one of the resident Peters fans here, is he dogging it? Has anyone heard anything? I ask because a lot of guys will play with something close to a broken leg, and as soon as he got the pro bowl nod, there was a suspicious because ill-defined practice injury that is keeping him out of the final two games. Is it one of those things where not only does he not want to play, but the Bills want to unload him too and get the best possible deal they can? I know I'm engaging in wild speculation here, so flame away - I deserve it. But from the outside, it seems fishy.

As one of the resident Peters fans here, is he dogging it? Has anyone heard anything? I ask because a lot of guys will play with something close to a broken leg, and as soon as he got the pro bowl nod, there was a suspicious because ill-defined practice injury that is keeping him out of the final two games. Is it one of those things where not only does he not want to play, but the Bills want to unload him too and get the best possible deal they can? I know I'm engaging in wild speculation here, so flame away - I deserve it. But from the outside, it seems fishy.

It woud not surprise me.

could be tied directly to Brandon reneging on his promise to re-do Peters deal in 2008.

expect more of the same in 2009 unless Brandon re-does his deal, as he promised to do.

the deal should be done no later than January

His holdout is underway.

I want to disagree....and I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but considering that he got "hurt" in the 2nd to last game last season and skipped the finale too...it really makes you wonder. Especially because I don't think he's missed a game due to injury his whole career prior to the Pro-Bowl picks being announced.

I want to disagree....and I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but considering that he got "hurt" in the 2nd to last game last season and skipped the finale too...it really makes you wonder. Especially because I don't think he's missed a game due to injury his whole career prior to the Pro-Bowl picks being announced.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt, last year he got hurt in the second to last game and didn't go to the pro bowl either, so that must have been legit. but who knows, probably holding out for that contract...

The Russians use to have this saying " they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work"

From what I saw Peters has been dogging it all year . Pay me more or I'll pout because it's not about the game, the fans or my team , it's about me, me, me.

I actually think trading him could benefit the team. The Bills could probably get a 1st and second this year and a first or second next year. If a player trade was made maybe something like Peters and a pick for soneone like Julius Peppers.

It definitely does...I'd like to believe that he isn't dogging it, especially since he missed the end of last season with an injury as well.

For all those looking to kick Peters out of Buffalo.Lets say that we do get a 1st and a second for him.It would cost us the same money to sign those 2 players or maybe more.

For those 2 players we lose a proven great LT in hopes that the 2 players that we get in return pan out.We have the money pay the man.I know it is more fun to start an internet whitch hunt but you CAN'T replace a talent like Peters.He is the real deal and if we do lose him because we won't pay him we will be looking for the next decade for his replacement.

The grass is almost never greener.

I am also a Peters fan - fat lazy phuk that he is - when he's giving his all. Unfortuntately, we've not seen anything close his best efforts this season.

Now, and perhaps due to his last holdout and lack of conditioning, he either has a blown-out knee to go with his torn-up groin, or he's feigning injury to protect his ass from really getting injured and jeopardizing his contract negotiations.

Either way, Eugene has once again placed himself and his client in a weaker negotiating position, since no one's gonna give top $$$ to an overweight, oft-injured malcontent who eschews hard work, conditioning, and preparation.

Looks like the Bills may have to call FatBoy's bluff again and force him to either honor his contract or work at WalMart.