Defensive holding on stroud

berndogg

I mean seriously W..T...F. I know this was a meaningless game, but it was still fun to see em fight on the road in the cold and pull out the W and I would've been extremely pissed off if the game was stolen from them on that call. Officially the worst call I've seen, ever, because it wasn't like the ref had to make a split decision, he just decided to throw a flag for absolutely no reason. Once again, I'm happy about the win, but that call had me speechless for a good 5 minutes, never seen anything like it, even the B.S. call in the new england game was worse because it was against a pulling guard not while being double teamed on a pass play, I mean...wow...why would any ref ever feel a need to throw a flag there. That is all.

P.S.

GO BILLS!

It was a legit call. Stroud was stunting and tried to pull the guard with him to open up the hole for the guy coming around him.

The flag stings more, though, since the refs missed at least one (and maybe two) facemasks by the Broncs....

It was a legit call. Stroud was stunting and tried to pull the guard with him to open up the hole for the guy coming around him.

The flag stings more, though, since the refs missed at least one (and maybe two) facemasks by the Broncs....

I agree.

Those were two 15-yard facemasks too on the same drive, which stalled in a FG.

But, frankly, overall, I thought we got screwed a lot less than usual by the refs. I'll take terry mccaulay's crew any day of the week.

I mean seriously W..T...F. I know this was a meaningless game, but it was still fun to see em fight on the road in the cold and pull out the W and I would've been extremely pissed off if the game was stolen from them on that call. Officially the worst call I've seen, ever, because it wasn't like the ref had to make a split decision, he just decided to throw a flag for absolutely no reason. Once again, I'm happy about the win, but that call had me speechless for a good 5 minutes, never seen anything like it, even the B.S. call in the new england game was worse because it was against a pulling guard not while being double teamed on a pass play, I mean...wow...why would any ref ever feel a need to throw a flag there. That is all.

P.S.

GO BILLS!

No face mask calls. Also BS call on Cards FB at the beginning of their game with the Pats. HHhMMM

I know that was the concept behind the call, but I still think its ridiculous. He had his hand on the guy's shoulder pad for less than a quarter of a second, its not like he tackled him out of the way. That could be called on literally every single pass play of any level of football and you never ever see it get called, and the fact that it happened on a play where we end up getting a pick, just seemed like it could've been a backbreaker, i give a lot of credit to the team for not folding after that.

Sorry, just pissed about the call still. :angry:

Be pissed all you want, it's still a legit call. Not a call you see a lot, but IIRC we got called for it earlier this year or late last season.

I'm much more pissed about the missed facemask calls than I am the refs throwing a flag on a justifiable penalty.

Be pissed all you want, it's still a legit call. Not a call you see a lot, but IIRC we got called for it earlier this year or late last season.

I'm much more pissed about the missed facemask calls than I am the refs throwing a flag on a justifiable penalty.

You're still wrong! :angry:

Sorry but it was the right call. You cant pull an OL out of a hole to make room for your defender!

As it's been said already, the call was correct. If anyone wants to be pissed, be pissed about the missed (or ignored) facemask calls.

You're still wrong! :angry:

No, my screaming friend, YOU are wrong. The second replay clearly showed Stroud grab the OL's jersey and pull him. It was brief, but it was legit. Far worse were the TWO missed facemask calls w/in about 4 plays near their goal line. The second, on Jackson, would have given us first and goal at about the 4 yard line. With the non-call, we settled for 3. It could have been the game, and it was a VERY obvious. I really figured that, being the Bills and all, that would cost us the game. Thankfully, it didn't. BTW, a lot a heros today: Marshawn, Jackson, Trent, Josh, the OL, McGee. And man, do we suck at rushing the passer (unless we blitz). Kelsay is stealing money getting paid for his "performance". He is so totally a non-factor every week, on every play. It's amazing. If we had a pass rush, we'd be a different, and far better, team.

No, my screaming friend, YOU are wrong. The second replay clearly showed Stroud grab the OL's jersey and pull him. It was brief, but it was legit. Far worse were the TWO missed facemask calls w/in about 4 plays near their goal line. The second, on Jackson, would have given us first and goal at about the 4 yard line. With the non-call, we settled for 3. It could have been the game, and it was a VERY obvious. I really figured that, being the Bills and all, that would cost us the game. Thankfully, it didn't. BTW, a lot a heros today: Marshawn, Jackson, Trent, Josh, the OL, McGee. And man, do we suck at rushing the passer (unless we blitz). Kelsay is stealing money getting paid for his "performance". He is so totally a non-factor every week, on every play. It's amazing. If we had a pass rush, we'd be a different, and far better, team.

Holding is legal in the NFL. have you watch a pats game???? Steely Dan I got your back :angry: .