Bobby April ... it's been mentione before ...

puppet

I love April as a coach and I think he's the best coach that the Bills have right now. in my opinion it's not even close.

Last night the announcer mentioned that John Harbaugh was a special teams coach before becoming the head coach of the Ravens. Certainly the 08 Ravens are a more talented team than the 08 Bills, but Harbaugh is winning with a rookie QB.

Everything that can be said about Jauron has been said. His teams haven't beat winning clubs and they lose more than they win.

On the flip side, April's special teams are consistently near the top despite roster turnover.

For me, if he became head coach, I would be excited about next year.

I love April as a coach and I think he's the best coach that the Bills have right now. in my opinion it's not even close.

Last night the announcer mentioned that John Harbaugh was a special teams coach before becoming the head coach of the Ravens. Certainly the 08 Ravens are a more talented team than the 08 Bills, but Harbaugh is winning with a rookie QB.

Everything that can be said about Jauron has been said. His teams haven't beat winning clubs and they lose more than they win.

On the flip side, April's special teams are consistently near the top despite roster turnover.

I think Bobby April would be a good choice. He seems to be able to take anyone and plug them in and still get results. We got rid of some decent if not good ST players over the last 2 years and we still rank 1 or 2 in most cat. In our ST he is the only constant.

people have been saying this for years, marvelous marv was also a special teamc coach. I think it would be worth a shot.

April does not strike me as someone who can demand the attention of 53 players. I think the team would react as if they'd just hired a substitute teacher. He's seems like a very nice man who is absolutely great at his job, but I get no feeling that he has the commanding personality to take that next step that John Harbaugh clearly was able to. Maybe he could do it, but if it does come down to the choice of having April or Jauron as head coach, I would take Bobby April in a second because I'm just so sick of looking at Jauron.

people have been saying this for years, marvelous marv was also a special teamc coach. I think it would be worth a shot.

Wasn't it just three years ago that we were comforted by the fact that Dick was Ivy League educated just like Marv, and so it would come to pass that he'd be the next Marv Levy?

How about we shred any comparisons to Marv's career as reasons to hire the next Bills head coach. Let's hire the best guy possible this time.

Bobby April plays to win.... Jauron plays to not lose...

If Ralph won't spend the big bucks on a "name" coach, let's give April a try. At least there will be some emotion on the sidelines and the worse we can do is not make the playoffs again. Plus, they can demote Jauron to "Special Asst - Timeout Coach", get him ticked off and maybe he'll leave on his own. But, even Dick isn't dumb enough to do that and leave $$$ on the table.

But, then again, he wouldn't be dumb enough to call a roll-out with minutes left and his team in the lead, would he????

April does not strike me as someone who can demand the attention of 53 players. I think the team would react as if they'd just hired a substitute teacher. He's seems like a very nice man who is absolutely great at his job, but I get no feeling that he has the commanding personality to take that next step that John Harbaugh clearly was able to. Maybe he could do it, but if it does come down to the choice of having April or Jauron as head coach, I would take Bobby April in a second because I'm just so sick of looking at Jauron.

Are you joking? He is easily our most animated coach, and it's not even close. When a special teamer makes a good tackle, he jumps up and down like he just won the lottery, and when somebody screws up they have hell to pay once they hit the sidelines. Where do you get the idea they wouldn't take him seriously?

If Ralph won't spend the big bucks on a "name" coach, let's give April a try. At least there will be some emotion on the sidelines and the worse we can do is not make the playoffs again. Plus, they can demote Jauron to "Special Asst - Timeout Coach", get him ticked off and maybe he'll leave on his own. But, even Dick isn't dumb enough to do that and leave $$$ on the table.

But, then again, he wouldn't be dumb enough to call a roll-out with minutes left and his team in the lead, would he????

He was a special teams coach BEFORE he was a defensive coach.

Not the same as April.

Wasn't it just three years ago that we were comforted by the fact that Dick was Ivy League educated just like Marv, and so it would come to pass that he'd be the next Marv Levy?

How about we shred any comparisons to Marv's career as reasons to hire the next Bills head coach. Let's hire the best guy possible this time.

its tough not not to compare to best coach we've had. I was just making a point that special teams guys can make good head coaches.

Solid post especially the part about the turnover he has worked through.

I do not think that April would need to strip this team and start over as some feel the next HC is going to do. Sure he is going to add a few guys or cut a few but it woult not resemble the overhaul that Shlong Jauron and Levy began.

wouldnt be the worst decision the bills could make--not by far

This is probably the best argument I've seen for April. I'd rather see these reasons than "April shows emotion on the sidelines and Jauron doesn't".