Drew Willy

I don't follow college ball that much, and I'm not a draftnik, but I'm wondering about Drew Willy. . . Any chance he gets drafted? what round?

If not drafted, think he'll get a FA offer?

just curious . . .

During the MAC Champ game they said he was a 5th to 7th round pick.

He's definitely got the physical skill set to play in the NFL. Of course, cynics would point out the relatively low level of competition he faced in the MAC, but Joe Flacco isn't faring nearly as poorly as many thought, so who knows?

Thats cause the CAA is a power conference in football bro!!! Smack all those teams from the sissy MAC :thumbsup: . Just kidding, and college football is the only place where I root for more than one team. Got the Terps, got the Bulls, and got the Richmond Spiders. Richmond playing the national title game tomorrow night. This town is pretty pumped about it, as they also play Wake in B Ball Friday night. That would be one hell of a double for Richmond.

Richmond campus is only a couple miles from my house, and really got to the know the previous coach Dave Clawsen pretty well for two years. His kid and mine were same class for a couple of years, and he is a Buffalo boy and we just hit it off. Just named Bowling Green head coach, he his a hell of a coach.

Bill Polian has been scouting Willy for a couple of games. Don't be shocked if he goes to the Colts. (UB '07 Jamey Richard is their starting Center.) Go to the UB Athletics multimedia site and click on the Bullseye episodes. These are 20 minute condensed versions of all the UB games from this season. You'll get a good idea of Willy's skills. I think he has a bright NFL future. He plays a pro style offense at UB. He's accurate, has decent arm strength, and he doesn't turnover the ball. He set a record for most passes without an INT, and only threw 5 all year.

PTR

Bill Polian has been scouting Willy for a couple of games. Don't be shocked if he goes to the Colts. (UB '07 Jamey Richard is their starting Center.) Go to the UB Athletics multimedia site and click on the Bullseye episodes. These are 20 minute condensed versions of all the UB games from this season. You'll get a good idea of Willy's skills. I think he has a bright NFL future. He plays a pro style offense at UB. He's accurate, has decent arm strength, and he doesn't turnover the ball. He set a record for most passes without an INT, and only threw 5 all year.

PTR

That said, I'd hate to see the Bills draft him. It would put way too much pressure on Trent. We would be calling for Willy to start the first time that Trent threw a pick or fumbled the ball.

He's definitely got the physical skill set to play in the NFL. Of course, cynics would point out the relatively low level of competition he faced in the MAC, but Joe Flacco isn't faring nearly as poorly as many thought, so who knows?

true, but aren't Roethlisberger and Pennington MAC products ??

That said, I'd hate to see the Bills draft him. It would put way too much pressure on Trent. We would be calling for Willy to start the first time that Trent threw a pick or fumbled the ball.

Who cares! If the girly man can't handle it he can't be an NFL QB

I'd hate to see the Bills draft him, because it would kill his chances at development. His career would be done before it started. He'd probably be a great fit on the colts where he could sit behind one of the best of all time, and develop into a decent backup.

Don't forget that Flacco was a scholarship QB at Pitt, but couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for the job. Willy is a decent QB and will make someone a very goo UDFA pickup, but I really can't see anyone going after him with a draft pick. His production in a non-major conference is a bit lacking. I know he just wins, but didn't we have another QB in Buffalo that just won? You know, except when he didn't

Sounds about right. He might even better himself with a good bowl game and go as high as round 3.

Well I think he got some good national exposure against Ball State on ESPN2. He didn't take the field all that often because of the fumble recovery TDs the Bulls had, but he tossed 3 good TDs to Naaman Roosevelt. He can definitely solidify a reputation by performing well in Toronto, and then who knows? With a good combine, I could definitely see round 3.

I'd hate to see the Bills draft him, because it would kill his chances at development. His career would be done before it started. He'd probably be a great fit on the colts where he could sit behind one of the best of all time, and develop into a decent backup.

The Bills are QB killers. We take the best and brightest and beat the life out if them.

Don't forget that Flacco was a scholarship QB at Pitt, but couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for the job. Willy is a decent QB and will make someone a very goo UDFA pickup, but I really can't see anyone going after him with a draft pick. His production in a non-major conference is a bit lacking. I know he just wins, but didn't we have another QB in Buffalo that just won? You know, except when he didn't

Lacking? 3,021yds? 25 TDs? 5 INTs? 142.86 passer rating in 2008?

Drew Willy career stats

PTR