With the #12 Pick of the 2009 draft the Bills select...

Poeticlaw

In my opinion Center is and always has been the weakest link to the offensive Line. I say we draft a Center with the first round pick only if its ALEX MACK <_< they say he has probowl potential written all over him and hes smart and a leader and hes a pure center not a converted Ol to be center.

I know some are thinking DE pass rusher but unless the bills are willing to eat the salaries of Schoebel and Kelsay I dont foresee that happening.

So lets start the who do we draft first thread:

With the #12 Pick of the 2009 draft tyhe Bills select: Center Alex Mack <_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in a trade down.

Trade up trade down what does it matter with this team we trade up we get busts we trade down we get busts. Who cares what the ranking is the question is will he be availble in the 2nd rd no that makes him a first round pick. If hes there we need to pick him because hes the player the team needs the most...IMHO <_<

In my opinion Center is and always has been the weakest link to the offensive Line. I say we draft a Center with the first round pick only if its ALEX MACK <_< they say he has probowl potential written all over him and hes smart and a leader and hes a pure center not a converted Ol to be center.

I know some are thinking DE pass rusher but unless the bills are willing to eat the salaries of Schoebel and Kelsay I dont foresee that happening.

So lets start the who do we draft first thread:

With the #12 Pick of the 2009 draft tyhe Bills select: Center Alex Mack <_<

I think Mack is going to be great and would love to have him. But at 12 we need DE, DT, OLB, impact player in the front seven is a must.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

At the moment, we would draft at the #12 spot. If we finish at 6-10, we'll most likely draft between 8th-11th.

Our Pass Defense is at 11th with virtually no pass rush. The pass rush problem really stuck out like a sore thumb this year so I think the Bills will address it with either bringing in a FA DE or one in the draft. It would be nice if we traded Schobel and got something in return (plus it would be nice not to have his $8+ million a year salary), but the coaches are high on him, so I don't see that happening. I could see the Bills taking the hit and either cut Denney or Kelsay loose (most likely Kelsay).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

half the Bills-nation flipped is STILL pissed baout taking a Safety as early as we did, and you want to waste a #12 on a Center?

dont get me wrong, i wouldnt mind it since i never had a problem with the Whitner pick and believe in picking your guy when you can and not risking it, but all youre doing here is suggesting something that will give all these belly-achers something to B word and moan about for 5 more years.

half the Bills-nation flipped is STILL pissed baout taking a Safety as early as we did, and you want to waste a #12 on a Center?

dont get me wrong, i wouldnt mind it since i never had a problem with the Whitner pick and believe in picking your guy when you can and not risking it, but all youre doing here is suggesting something that will give all these belly-achers something to B word and moan about for 5 more years.

Yeah but they are always going to find something to B word amd moan about anyway. What if we drafted another player and they dont pan out and Mack goes on to multiple pro-bowls then we would be bitchin about that as well.

Mack is the only one O would draft at center if it makes everyone feel better to trade down in hopes he is still there so be it. But looking at the availble talent available to us I see no difference between the # 10 spot ( highest we will be) and # 23 they all have the same value so I say get the guy you need. Teams have drafte TE's in the first round when the experts found it appaling that they would opick them up in the 1st when the 3rd round was the best round to pick them and Kickers should never be drafted higher than the 4th round. My point is you get the player you need that has the best potential and MY personal pick is MACK at center I beleive in this pick. <_<

Yeah but they are always going to find something to B word amd moan about anyway. What if we drafted another player and they dont pan out and Mack goes on to multiple pro-bowls then we would be bitchin about that as well.

Mack is the only one O would draft at center if it makes everyone feel better to trade down in hopes he is still there so be it. But looking at the availble talent available to us I see no difference between the # 10 spot ( highest we will be) and # 23 they all have the same value so I say get the guy you need. Teams have drafte TE's in the first round when the experts found it appaling that they would opick them up in the 1st when the 3rd round was the best round to pick them and Kickers should never be drafted higher than the 4th round. My point is you get the player you need that has the best potential and MY personal pick is MACK at center I beleive in this pick. <_<

I remember hearing the same things about Malcolm Kelly last year before the draft combine. I think people should reserve some judgment on these players coming out of college until they go through the NFL combine.