Evans On Losman

dgwalsh

Quote from Lee Evans -

"I definitely feel bad for him. I just hope that where ever he goes, things work out a little differently," Evans said. "It's a bad way to leave a town that you've done so much for."

What, exactly, has he done that's been "so" positive for this town? :lol:

Quote from Lee Evans -

"I definitely feel bad for him. I just hope that where ever he goes, things work out a little differently," Evans said. "It's a bad way to leave a town that you've done so much for."

What, exactly, has he done that's been "so" positive for this town? :lol:

He's volunteered in tons of community development programs and worked with various charities; more than most players do.

Do you follow this team at all?

I guess I didn't look at it that way. Thanks for clarifying for me.

No problem, I highly doubt that he was referring to what JP actually did on the field.

Despite JP's horrible play, he has been a model citizen in buffalo and very interactive within the community-- that's what Evans was getting at with his quote.

No problem, I highly doubt that he was referring to what JP actually did on the field.

Despite JP's horrible play, he has been a model citizen in buffalo and very interactive within the community-- that's what Evans was getting at with his quote.

So many plays from JP keep playing over and over in my head like a record skipping that it's sometimes forgotten to widen perspective on things. Therefore....I think we're all in agreement that JP hasn't given this town 'so much' on the FIELD, except maybe migraines and (fan) hopelessness.

JP was/is a good guy, just not good at what he's being paid to do. QB! While some are arguing why did we keep him this year as a #2 , he could have demanded a release and/or trade, but again he was willing to play out his contract.

In fairness, he did play well enough last year to justify bringing him back as the #2. Many here argued he should have been starting when TE struggled. But what he has done this year on the field, I don't think even the biggest JP critique(sp) could have imagined him playing as bad as he has. I wouldn't surprise me to see him out of football next year. Though there was room for Rob Johnson, so anything is possible

JP was/is a good guy, just not good at what he's being paid to do. QB! While some are arguing why did we keep him this year as a #2 , he could have demanded a release and/or trade, but again he was willing to play out his contract.

In fairness, he did play well enough last year to justify bringing him back as the #2. Many here argued he should have been starting when TE struggled. But what he has done this year on the field, I don't think even the biggest JP critique(sp) could have imagined him playing as bad as he has. I wouldn't surprise me to see him out of football next year. Though there was room for Rob Johnson, so anything is possible

Well, I heard yesterday that the Arena Football League cancelled their season for a year, so that's not an option...

So many plays from JP keep playing over and over in my head like a record skipping that it's sometimes forgotten to widen perspective on things. Therefore....I think we're all in agreement that JP hasn't given this town 'so much' on the FIELD, except maybe migraines and (fan) hopelessness.

Yes, because football is the be all and end all of the world......I don't think sports in this country has fanatics anymore, they have lunatics and fundamentalists

Ya, he's definitely taken a step back which is concerning. However, he's still relatively young, and I'm sure he'll make it on with some team somewhere as a #2 and perhaps even compete for a starting job somewhere. JP will be just fine considering he's making millions regardless.

Ya, he's definitely taken a step back which is concerning. However, he's still relatively young, and I'm sure he'll make it on with some team somewhere as a #2 and perhaps even compete for a starting job somewhere. JP will be just fine considering he's making millions regardless.

He will be Jay Cutler's backup next year- they will sign him quickly after we cut him

At the beginning of this season, I'd have agreed, but now, I will be surprised if he goes int ocamp anything more than a #3. But wit ha little luck and some injuries, not to say by year end, he could be playing. And watch he'll come back and beat Buffalo by throwing a fade into the endzone late in the game. :lol:

At the beginning of this season, I'd have agreed, but now, I will be surprised if he goes int ocamp anything more than a #3. But wit ha little luck and some injuries, not to say by year end, he could be playing. And watch he'll come back and beat Buffalo by throwing a fade into the endzone late in the game. :lol:

I can visualize it. Without a doubt.

Looks like some people outside of Buffalo don't ride the "JP out of football" bandwagon.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...c=16&pid=10

I can say this, GM's and scouts around the NFL do not see JP the same way the Bills fans do. Anyone who truly KNOWS football and what it takes to develop a QB know that JP got put in a real bad situation and understand it would be tough for any QB to succeed. They also see a kid that MANY scouts were high on coming out of college becuase of his raw talent, and those tangibles are still there. So he is going to get a "benefit of the doubt" type review based on how awful he was developed as it was almost an impossible situation.

He's a competitor, athletic, can scramble and has a cannon of an arm. A lot of his flaws are viewed as correctable (I mean heck, Warner is a fumbling machine himself), and he is seen as a YOUNG QB with lots of upside in the right system and coaching with time to develop in that system, something he has NEVER had in Buffalo.

In the famous words of all the annoying topic titles....Mark My Words, he will be brought in at min a #2 QB, and he likely finds himself a chance to come in and play for a starting spot. Here are some potential suitors...

Seattle (If hasselbeck doesnt come back)

San Francisco

Philly (if they move McNabb)

Oakland

Denver (just as a back up)

Tampa Bay (Gruden loves QB's)

NY Jets (Farve is short term and they are not sold on their backup from what I hear)

Detroit

St. Louis (Bulger is on life support there from what I hear)

JP has just as good a chance of resurrecting his career as Trent Edwards has of resurrecting his career after the GOD AWFUL year he had in 08, in fact JP probably has a better chance as he will be on a team other than Buffalo, most likely with GOOD coaches.

I really like JP. He seems like a really nice guy and threw his heart and soul into leading the Bills back to the promised land. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out.

Up until the 2nd and 5 play Sunday I thought he played well. If Dick hadn't made that bad call we maybe would have won. He made a nice 17 yard run first down pick up. He made several nice passes on third and long to pick up a first down. He didn't have that many passing yards, but so what. No long passes were called. He threw 3 picks, true. But one went right through Jeremy Reed's hands. True the pass was high, but an NFL receiver has to make that catch. I see NFL receivers do it every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. Another was a last second Hail Mary. Big deal. He also got 27 points on offense. When was the last time that happened besides KC? He fumbled 3 times besides the last one but we didn't lose any. If we run out the clock and win that game, JP did well. Unfortunately we've got a Yale over thinker making the decisions on the sidelines.

I'll tip back a Diet Pepsi for JP!

As far as backups for next year that were on the FA list, what about Anthony Wright? He's better than most of the guys ahead of him. And he's a decent QB. Hell I might even start him over Trent.

In fairness, he did play well enough last year to justify bringing him back as the #2.

Maybe. I think that you'd want even your #2 to be able to see the whole field, not just his first read. On the other hand, Losman has a significantly better set of physical tools than your typical #2 (or even most #1s). Maybe the coaches felt his physical upside helped balance out his mental downside, especially with the market for backup quarterbacks being so thin.

Many here argued he should have been starting when TE struggled.

That would have been a mistake. The book on Losman is closed, but the book on Trent is still open. Let's see how Trent's story goes.

But what he has done this year on the field, I don't think even the biggest JP critique(sp) could have imagined him playing as bad as he has.

The biggest J.P. critic? That would be me. Well . . . maybe not quite. And I do admit that he hasn't played up to the level of my (low) expectations.

I wouldn't surprise me to see him out of football next year. Though there was room for Rob Johnson, so anything is possible

He'll probably wind up hanging on for two to three years as a third string player competing for a backup role. Maybe he'll even see the field again here or there, much like his comparison player (Kordell Stewart) did after he got to Chicago. If Losman sees the field for a few games, don't be surprised if he has a big game or two. A 40 yard touchdown pass or two to his new team's equivalent of Lee Evans. A few good runs. Maybe a roll out or two, followed by a bullet to some guy 20 yards downfield, near the sidelines. And maybe on the basis of those few games, his new team will keep him in a few games more.

That's when they'll learn why Losman is currently a third string player in Buffalo.