• CB
    • TE
    • OC
    • OG
    • OT
    • QB
    • RB
    • WR

It's time for Positional Needs poll for www.DraftTek.com .

In October, the top 3 were (in order of votes) OLB, TE, OC.

In November, the top 3 were DE, TE, OLB.

I will adjust our positional preferences at DraftTek based on our votes.

Astrobot

TSW's Draft Droid

Bills Correspondent, DraftTek

Bills Current Draft on DraftTek:

12 Buffalo Brian Cushing OLB43 USC

44 Buffalo Alex Mack OC California

76 Buffalo Matt Shaughnessy DE43 Wisconsin

108 Buffalo Travis Beckum TE Wisconsin

140 Buffalo Vance Walker DT43 Georgia Tech

This is a dead heat right now between OC and DE.

I don't know if this helps others vote, but the DE at 12 right now is not Orakpo, who we project as going at #6.

It's Greg Hardy from Mississippi. I watched games this year where Orakpo was next to invisible, but Hardy was relentless.

http://drafttek.com/round12009.asp

A lot can change in 4 months, but OC Alex Mack is projected right now to be our RD#2 pick.

http://drafttek.com/round22009.asp

And TE Gresham would be there in RD#3 the way it stands now, and Chase Coffman would not.

http://drafttek.com/round32009.asp

Astro

Rey Maualuga is still available in the first. I'd take him over Cushing. Drawing a bright line between ILBs and OLBs coming out of college will probably cloud results since a lot of the top linebackers would be able to play inside or outside in the pros, depending on the system. Some guys are pure pluggers though and need to play in the middle - but those aren't usually top prospects.

Rey Maualuga is still available in the first. I'd take him over Cushing. Drawing a bright line between ILBs and OLBs coming out of college will probably cloud results since a lot of the top linebackers would be able to play inside or outside in the pros, depending on the system. Some guys are pure pluggers though and need to play in the middle - but those aren't usually top prospects.

we already have POZ to fill the slow white guy, can't tackle role

Are there any QB's that might be available when the Bills pick around 11 again this year? I would imagine alot depends on which of the Juniors come out, but if there is an abundance of Juniors, there might be a Quality QB for the Bills to take in round 1, which I think is necessary since the leadership role on the offense is non-existent on the current team.

Are there any QB's that might be available when the Bills pick around 11 again this year? I would imagine alot depends on which of the Juniors come out, but if there is an abundance of Juniors, there might be a Quality QB for the Bills to take in round 1, which I think is necessary since the leadership role on the offense is non-existent on the current team.

Agreed. DE, QB and C should be our top priorities, in that order. A team just can't win games with the level of incompetence we've seen from these quarterbacks this year.

Agreed. DE, QB and C should be our top priorities, in that order. A team just can't win games with the level of incompetence we've seen from these quarterbacks this year.

I honestly think the top pick should be a DE but it all depends on talent available at our pick. IF and it's a BIG IF, there is a stud QB on the board, which, looking at the QB's that might come out, the Bills really have a shot at any one of them. They seriously need to look at the next leader of this team from the QB position. After watching TE in action, (especially on the sidelines) even the few games the Bills won, he is not a leader on this team. Couple that with his "playing scared" since the hit in Arizona, he might not even qualify as being the next Frank Reich.

It's time to even think about trading up into the top 5-7 to get their guy if a few a the Juniors decide to stay another year. This, seriously, might be the make or leave draft of the Buffalo Bills. The fan base is disgusted and frustrated with years of ineptness and the season ticket number might see a serious decrease from last years. They might really need a "name" to put A$$es in the seats to keep the Season Ticket number above 40,000.

I went DE, TE and S. More specifically FS. While OLB and C are needs, I firmly stand by my choices.

DE is a no-brainer.

So is TE.

As for FS, I feel that a true FS, a rangy ballhawk, will allow to Whitner to emerge as a star. It would permit him to move closer to the line where he's more effective. He would be allowed to boost run support and make plays in the short to medium pass lane. Leaving the deep stuff to the FS. The lack of good FS play has hurt Whitner's play this year.

I think OLB can easily be addressed in FA. As for C, Preston should do better if he gets the first team reps all offseason and if he is firmly entrenched as the starter at C going into the '09 season.

who picked RB?...

A.Q. Shipley is the center from Penn State....

don't forget a lot of under-graduates will be coming out this year in fear of lower rookie pay in 2010....

I'd like to see Buffalo get a TE in the first 4 rounds this year, but I highly doubt they do it..besides I'm liking what I've seen from Fine so far...I think next season TE finally sees Fine as the TE he needs to throw to...

not sure why ppl are overlooking Bowens...Bills drafted a OLB last season that hasn't played yet...I'd like to see what he can bring before the Bills go OLB in this draft...a line of Mitchel - Poz - Bowens might be good...

DE - obvious need...Kelsay and Denney cant do crap...I think De should be this years and next years 1st round picks..one to replace Kelsay opposite Schobel and and then one to replace Schobel in 2010

C - huge need for Buffalo...Alex Mack most likely will go in round 1 but all centers could last to round 2...theres 2-3 centers that Buffalo can chose from in round 2 that will drastically help this O-line....Alex Mack, Max Unger and Jonathan Luigs..then maybe 3 in round 3... Antoine Caldwell, Josh McNeil* and A.Q. Shipley

who picked CB?.....most likely Bills lose Greer..that leaves McGee, McKelvin, Youboty and Corner...that 4 really good CB's..if Buffalo picks Cb this draft it most likely be in round 6 or 7 as depth

This is a dead heat right now between OC and DE.

I don't know if this helps others vote, but the DE at 12 right now is not Orakpo, who we project as going at #6.

It's Greg Hardy from Mississippi. I watched games this year where Orakpo was next to invisible, but Hardy was relentless.

http://drafttek.com/round12009.asp

A lot can change in 4 months, but OC Alex Mack is projected right now to be our RD#2 pick.

http://drafttek.com/round22009.asp

And TE Gresham would be there in RD#3 the way it stands now, and Chase Coffman would not.

http://drafttek.com/round32009.asp

Astro

Are you saying that Gresham will still be there in Rd 3, but Chase Coffman will have already been drafted?

That's completely crazy if you are. Unless Gresham gets injured or craps the bed at the combine, he's the #1 TE in the draft.

Many people would argue that Pettigrew from OSU is better than Coffman as well.

I went DE, TE and S. More specifically FS. While OLB and C are needs, I firmly stand by my choices.

DE is a no-brainer.

So is TE.

As for FS, I feel that a true FS, a rangy ballhawk, will allow to Whitner to emerge as a star. It would permit him to move closer to the line where he's more effective. He would be allowed to boost run support and make plays in the short to medium pass lane. Leaving the deep stuff to the FS. The lack of good FS play has hurt Whitner's play this year.

I think OLB can easily be addressed in FA. As for C, Preston should do better if he gets the first team reps all offseason and if he is firmly entrenched as the starter at C going into the '09 season.

My prediction is that you get your wish on the FS.

I'll say it again. When Taylor Mays is on the board at the Bills pick, they'll take him.

My prediction is that you get your wish on the FS.

I'll say it again. When Taylor Mays is on the board at the Bills pick, they'll take him.

I think the Bills will go FS early on if they don't bring one in during FA. I think it'll be a "surprise" pick to most, but well worth it as it would do two things: a) fill a need and; b) allow us to get more out of Whitner.

The Tally for December is DE, OC, OLB, TE.

In October, the top 3 were (in order of votes) OLB, TE, OC.

In November, the top 3 were DE, TE, OLB.

Looks like we're thinking that DE (not on the radar two months ago) --especially quarterback pressures-- would make our defense better, and that a better Center can prevent pressure on our young QB. We're still concerned about our 3rd linebacker (Crowell-Bowen-Ellison not changing our opinion since last month).

I'll adjust our positional needs at DraftTek, have them boost a few names up the Big Board, and we'll see what the results are.

Astro