Specific Schefter Post that makes me

murra

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/14/jauron-bil...d-through-2011/

I love it here. I really do. It's just tough because we're all so high on our sports teams. That's why the last two paragraphs were so hard on me, and I took them to heart.

Really, if this contract did go through, and knowing that Wilson has sold a Miami home game away for money, and knowing that for money reasons Wilson keeps DJ admitting mistake, does he go down as the one of the top 5 worst owners of all-time?

I mean it. I've usually defended him, but this season has sparked a brand-new definition of the term "botching it up". He jumped the gun on an extensions that will turn out to be so bad, that it very well may ruin us for years to come. What's the record for most seasons out of the playoffs? As long as Wilson's doctor is a fan of life-support, I think we should all get ready. It's hard, and being a Bills fan I know I'm not going to accept it, but it's becoming more evident that the Bills may be unbearable for even more years to come.

I love it here. I really do. It's just tough because we're all so high on our sports teams. That's why the last two paragraphs were so hard on me, and I took them to heart.

Really, if this contract did go through, and knowing that Wilson has sold a Miami home game away for money, and knowing that for money reasons Wilson keeps DJ admitting mistake, does he go down as the one of the top 5 worst owners of all-time?

I mean it. I've usually defended him, but this season has sparked a brand-new definition of the term "botching it up". He jumped the gun on an extensions that will turn out to be so bad, that it very well may ruin us for years to come. What's the record for most seasons out of the playoffs? As long as Wilson's doctor is a fan of life-support, I think we should all get ready. It's hard, and being a Bills fan I know I'm not going to accept it, but it's becoming more evident that the Bills may be unbearable for even more years to come.

I've defended Ralph in the past as well. But you have a very valid point in suggesting he may go down as one of the top 5 worst of all time. And for good reason.

Between the 25 year period of 1960 through 1984 our Bills had the WORST winning percentage among teams across ALL 4 MAJOR SPORTS LEAGUES IN N. AMERICA, let alone the NFL.

If not for Kelly, Bruce, TT, et al in the brief glory years of late the late 80s, early 90s, who knows how pathetic it truly may have gotten.

Add to it another 9 year drought and well, it all adds up.

Aside from bailing out the Raiders and Pats in the 60s, and that is no small contribution to the good of the league overall, Ralph has proven a less than capable owner along many fronts, sorry to say.

GO BILLS!!!

9 years and counting without a playoff appearance. How many times have we all uttered the same comment, “next year?” Barring a major shakeup, there is not one person who can say with any conviction that this team will be any better in the next three years………short of a major house cleaning I don’t see myself plunking down $$ to renew the NFL Sunday ticket.

I've defended Ralph in the past as well. But you have a very valid point in suggesting he may go down as one of the top 5 worst of all time. And for good reason.

Between the 25 year period of 1960 through 1984 our Bills had the WORST winning percentage among teams across ALL 4 MAJOR SPORTS LEAGUES IN N. AMERICA, let alone the NFL.

If not for Kelly, Bruce, TT, et al in the brief glory years of late the late 80s, early 90s, who knows how pathetic it truly may have gotten.

Add to it another 9 year drought and well, it all adds up.

Aside from bailing out the Raiders and Pats in the 60s, and that is no small contribution to the good of the league overall, Ralph has proven a less than capable owner along many fronts, sorry to say.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, I guess it all depends on how one defines success. Logically, most people would define success of a sports franchise by wins and losses and championships. Ralph Wilson's measure of success is entirely different and is measured in dollars and cents. One could argue that he is one of the most successful owners of any sporting franchise history in being able to maintain such a financially healthy organization with a fanbase that sells out everygame in an economically depressed city that continually fields such a poor product. There are always two points of view to everything and as upsetting as it is to all of us fans, we are the suckers as Ralph is laughing his way to the bank.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, that's right. The league probably would have folded if not for Ralph's generosity and cool-headedness. So how did George Bailey end up turning into Mr. Potter?

Well, I guess it all depends on how one defines success. Logically, most people would define success of a sports franchise by wins and losses and championships. Ralph Wilson's measure of success is entirely different and is measured in dollars and cents. One could argue that he is one of the most successful owners of any sporting franchise history in being able to maintain such a financially healthy organization with a fanbase that sells out everygame in an economically depressed city that continually fields such a poor product. There are always two points of view to everything and as upsetting as it is to all of us fans, we are the suckers as Ralph is laughing his way to the bank.

Fine. In regards to wins and losses, Ralph will go down in history.

Fine. In regards to wins and losses, Ralph will go down in history.

The sad part is that Ralph doesn't lose any sleep over it.........he could careless about the wins and could careless about the fans. He takes the approach that Buffalo is a loser city with not much going for it..... they should be thrilled to see any kind of NFL team, and if they don't like and will not show up.......we'll move it elsewhere. He knows he is in the power position and the older he is getting the more he has been rubbing it in our faces.

I wouldn't let this get you down so much. Everyone is speculating that Ralph won't fire Jauron because of this possible extension and that he's cheap and that he won't want to eat the money, blah, blah, blah.

Judging by Ralph's & Brandon's post-game reactions lately, I'm not convinced (yet) that the organization is willing to stand pat. Something will happen in the off-season - the front office will be shaken up or the coaching staff will be revamped. Tearing down & rebuilding, while not necessary IMO, is not out of the question.

The sad part is that Ralph doesn't lose any sleep over it.........he could careless about the wins and could careless about the fans. He takes the approach that Buffalo is a loser city with not much going for it..... they should be thrilled to see any kind of NFL team, and if they don't like and will not show up.......we'll move it elsewhere. He knows he is in the power position and the older he is getting the more he has been rubbing it in our faces.

Yikes.....I know we're all not very thrilled with Ralph's frugalness, but that's a huge stretch to say he could care less about the fans. He may sound like an old codgery fool, but I think he knows whether or not the fans care.

Yeah, that's right. The league probably would have folded if not for Ralph's generosity and cool-headedness. So how did George Bailey end up turning into Mr. Potter?

Um, 'cause Uncle Billy forgot what the string on his middle finger meant?

I LOVE Capra references.

GO BILLS!!!

Yikes.....I know we're all not very thrilled with Ralph's frugalness, but that's a huge stretch to say he could care less about the fans. He may sound like an old codgery fool, but I think he knows whether or not the fans care.

I tend to agree with you, however sometimes perception is reality....and it's not a stretch to think Ralph just doesn’t seem to care about the direction of this team.

Well...All I know is this...Keeping Dead Dick = PR Nightmare...That's it in a nutshell...

Wilson may not want to eat the Deal, but He's risking FAR more cash with a HC who is a CAREER loser...I for one will not re-sub My NFL Ticket with HD...The same NFL Ticket I've had since Day #1 of the NFL Ticket (minus the HD at that time of coarse)...So I imagine the result will be similar with Season Ticket holders, and Ticket sales in general...

I'll always root for The Bills...I want to see them Win SO badly...But no one can force Me to watch a Dead Dick Coached Team any longer...I'm done with that loser... :D

Um, 'cause Uncle Billy forgot what the string on his middle finger meant?

I LOVE Capra references.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you know how long it takes a working man to save the money for Bills tickets? Just remember this, Mr. Wilson, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die with at least a chance of their team making the playoffs once in a decade? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be.

9 years and counting without a playoff appearance. How many times have we all uttered the same comment, “next year?” Barring a major shakeup, there is not one person who can say with any conviction that this team will be any better in the next three years………short of a major house cleaning I don’t see myself plunking down $$ to renew the NFL Sunday ticket.

Unless there are major changes in the offseason, I don't plan on putting money down on anything Bills related. No Sunday Ticket, no Bills merchandise, no game tickets, nothing. Of course I'll still be listening to the games (or watching if on TV or found on the internet) and coming here for my required torture. But I'm not spending any more money on the team.

Unless there are major changes in the offseason, I don't plan on putting money down on anything Bills related. No Sunday Ticket, no Bills merchandise, no game tickets, nothing. Of course I'll still be listening to the games (or watching if on TV or found on the internet) and coming here for my required torture. But I'm not spending any more money on the team.

I'm leaning this way as well.

Do you know how long it takes a working man to save the money for Bills tickets? Just remember this, Mr. Wilson, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die with at least a chance of their team making the playoffs once in a decade? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be.

Ah, but no man is poor who has friends.

Right, Clarence?

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills' all-time record for most seasons without playoffs now stands at 9: 2000 thru 2008. Before this "steak" the longest the Bills went playoff-less was 7 years: 1967 thru 1973.

As far as the all-time NFL record, I can only guess that it has to be the St. Louis / Arizona Cardinals, I think they went over 20 years without making the playoffs, from 1976 thru 1997, or something like that. I don't care enough to check everysingle team in NFL history, but I'm pretty sure that's true for the awesome Cardinals organization.

Well...All I know is this...Keeping Dead Dick = PR Nightmare...That's it in a nutshell...

Wilson may not want to eat the Deal, but He's risking FAR more cash with a HC who is a CAREER loser...I for one will not re-sub My NFL Ticket with HD...The same NFL Ticket I've had since Day #1 of the NFL Ticket (minus the HD at that time of coarse)...So I imagine the result will be similar with Season Ticket holders, and Ticket sales in general...

I'll always root for The Bills...I want to see them Win SO badly...But no one can force Me to watch a Dead Dick Coached Team any longer...I'm done with that loser... :D

I'm not getting the NFL ticket next season either if Dick Jauron is still the head coach. I can listen to the game on my Sirius radio and watch whatever local games are shown instead. I can not justify spending $250 on the aggravation of watching a loser guide my team to a fourth losing season.

I think Schefter is being a bit overdramatic with the pending doom and gloom in his blog. Even at 90 years old, Ralph knows which way the wind is blowing and how much keeping Jauron will cost him over eating the contract extension. The later is a drop in the bucket compared to what a drop off in season ticket sales and Bills merchandise would mean to his bottom line. No way Jauron comes back.

Fans should cut Ralph some slack here because there is no way he can make any sort of Dick is fired announcement before the end of the season. Jauron is one of the most well respected and well thought of (except for head coaching) guys in the league. He can't say anything that could be misconstrued until the season is over. It's frustrating yes, but there's only less than two weeks till we get an answer.