Pivotal Play from Sunday

Being that it was a roll out to the other side was he suppose to slide down and take next man closest to the QB? Cause if it was a blitz you always take inside man and let outside man free.....

Bottom line ball has to be thrown away if noone is open!

Id have to see the play again.......

Why is my logic way off? I seen it once and I thought it was a blitz from Peters side.....I could be wrong. But if it was, Peters has to take inside man....But like i said I have to see the play again.

See Lori's numerous posts on this topic. The 2 inside guys were being blocked by dockery (the second guy got tied up in the pile). Peters was outside with only the blitzer to block and whiffed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d52ce8

Check the link at the 2:58 mark. Peters only responsibility is the outside blitzer, and does an excellent ole block and lets Elam right by.

Human Turnstile Jason Peters. He was beat cleanly on the play that led to the Losman sack and Jets touchdown but he is getting none of the blame. He is suppose to be our best lineman and he has been less then average this whole season.

I have been saying this since 4:00 Sunday, where have you been?

But most of the folks here blame JP, he is supposed to know that Peters won't block the blitzer and throw the ball away. <_<

The guy they all think sucks is supposed to play better than the Probowl left tackle that held out. :lol:

I have been saying this since 4:00 Sunday, where have you been?

But most of the folks here blame JP, he is supposed to know that Peters won't block the blitzer and throw the ball away. <_<

The guy they all think sucks is supposed to play better than the Probowl left tackle that held out. :lol:

The funny thing is Gary, if the exact same play with the same result happened but Edwards was the QB, the mob would have been waiting at Peters house sunday evening with the tar and feathers all ready to go.

See Lori's numerous posts on this topic. The 2 inside guys were being blocked by dockery (the second guy got tied up in the pile). Peters was outside with only the blitzer to block and whiffed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d52ce8

Check the link at the 2:58 mark. Peters only responsibility is the outside blitzer, and does an excellent ole block and lets Elam right by.

swing and a miss!!!

While he has had some poor moments this year, Peters overall is playing at a very high level this season, especially of late. Being mad at the guy doesn't mean that he's still not our best player, if not our most important player. Because that's what he is.

While he has had some poor moments this year, Peters overall is playing at a very high level this season, especially of late. Being mad at the guy doesn't mean that he's still not our best player, if not our most important player. Because that's what he is.

But not holding him accountable for that game-losing play is ignoring a problem.

I'm not Peters biggest supporter, but expecting him to block a 190 lb. CB who is running full speed going to the outside is asking a lot.

Let's face it...For the majority of the season, the players on offense having taken turns SUCKING in a big way. Edwards, Losman, Lynch, Evans, Royal, the OL have all been part of the problem.

But not holding him accountable for that game-losing play is ignoring a problem.

Thats fine to hold him accountable for missing a blitzer, but others are correct in indicating that on such a roll out play to the other side, the Qb still needs to get rid of the ball on time, whether he's passing to a man or throwing it away. Personally, I fall into the group that would question the call at all considering the Jets stacked the line on 1st down and Lynch/the O-line was still able to produce a 5 yard pickup. The Jets D-line was also fatigued.

Let's face it...For the majority of the season, the players on offense having taken turns SUCKING in a big way. Edwards, Losman, Lynch, Evans, Royal, the OL have all been part of the problem.

AHHHH, and who does that reflect on?

He didn't even pursue the play, if he had followed the safety, he might have been in a position to prevent the Jets from recovering the ball or tackle Ellis.

Thats fine to hold him accountable for missing a blitzer, but others are correct in indicating that on such a roll out play to the other side, the Qb still needs to get rid of the ball on time, whether he's passing to a man or throwing it away. Personally, I fall into the group that would question the call at all considering the Jets stacked the line on 1st down and Lynch/the O-line was still able to produce a 5 yard pickup. The Jets D-line was also fatigued.

I agree 100%. We've shoving the rock down their throat all day, including the absolutely amazing TD run by Jackson. We're on the road. We're in our own territory. We need TWO FREAKING YARDS and have two plays to get it done, and they call THAT play?

Ok. Maybe too many beers, but I remebered that play being out of shotgun for some reason? After seeing the replay, I cannot really fault peters. The jets sent 3 rushers on the left side of the Nose, you can see it if the pause the video at 3:00, its the DE, LB, and DB. Peters went to block the LB, who was the inside man, but had ran into the back of the DE and was effectively taken out of the play on his own. Peters tried to fan out for the block on the DB, but its an impossible block for anyone. Bottom line is they rushed 3 against our two. You know your going to get a free rusher, and that free rusher needs to be the outside man. Mission accomplished. The fact is Peters man was blocked, but the LB just blocked himself. If he hadn't ran into his own man, Peters would have blocked him, that DB would have came clean, and we still would have see another JP sack fumble.

They play was also not a designed roll out, as I previously thought (really too many beers). That sack-fumble is just another example of JP never knowing what to do in the pocket.

They play was also not a designed roll out, as I previously thought (really too many beers). That sack-fumble is just another example of JP never knowing what to do in the pocket.

And yet if you call two running plays to pick up two measly yards after pounding the ball all day, JP wins the game after running and throwing for a TD.

People are reacting like we got our asses handed to us yesterday.

The question I have to ask is... Why were the Jets sending a CB blitz on that play in the first place? If that play is a supposed running play and the Bills oline is blowing the Jets dline off the ball why oh why are the Jets corner blitzing?

A run blitz sends the LBs. Somehow someway or just coincidence the Jets new the Bills were gonna run a QB roll out to the right and that's why they sent the CB.

The Jets new what the Bills were going to run. These coaches need to go their not good by any stretch of the imagination.

watching it again - it's still JP's fault. What is Peters supposed to do when a safety runs straight up field wide and then across. The pocket was protected, but it was a rollout and JP first goes way backward because its a play action, and then goes even further back when going toward the opposite sideline. No tackle in the league is fast enough to contain a sprinting safety 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage without there being a defined pocket to protect.