Non-Diet Soda

I replied to your post, that was pretty silly, as you are obviously a moron.

What is it with people like you and pBills and your unwillingness to answer a simple question.

I have yet to resort to name calling, yet you call me a moron. Very nice.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with people like you and pBills and your unwillingness to answer a simple question.

I have yet to resort to name calling, yet you call me a moron. Very nice.

What else could you expect form a couple of Tards ? They arent smart enough to do anything else.

What else could you expect form a couple of Tards ? They arent smart enough to do anything else.

If only everyone had your clear vision and ability to be right in every situation.

It's funny that you both misspelled aren't and questioned someone else's intelligence in the same sentence.

You are unbelievable. Do you live in Western New York? Have you seen what the suffocating tax environment has done to the area? What about the state mandated spending? The prevailing wage? (do you know that the flag wavers on highway road projects make $25 per hour) My guess is that you don't.

It is simple but I will break it down for you.

The state has a budget shortfall (That means they are spending more money then they are taking in).

The state can

A.) Reduce spending (like the reast of us do in a decline)

B.) Borrow (not really an option based on current credit markets / state financial situation)

c.) Increase taxation and spending to appease the special interest groups that are part of the problem in the first place.

Don't let my background in finance or my MBA fool you - this is not hard.

Your comment makes too much sense for the vast majority here. Why would you expect them to answer or comment on facts? The WNY area has been rotting from the inside out for many years. How locals fail to see that more Gov't is not a good thing is unbelievable.

You know the old saying about a rotting fish...

Your comment makes too much sense for the vast majority here. Why would you expect them to answer or comment on facts? The WNY area has been rotting from the inside out for many years. How locals fail to see that more Gov't is not a good thing is unbelievable.

You know the old saying about a rotting fish...

Ya, if the state stops giving our area aid we would be doing a lot better :doh:

If only everyone had your clear vision and ability to be right in every situation.

It's funny that you both misspelled aren't and questioned someone else's intelligence in the same sentence.

Funny , then you should be laughing. Then your interpretation of intellingence is calling some one a moron . And , no , I did not miss your point.

>>>>>A number of other public health programs will come with savings by, for instance, taxing non-diet sodas under an "obesity tax" that will raise $404 million.<<<<<

Soda should be banned in bars, and obese people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

I drink Pepsi which is a "pop" not a "soda". Not diet or caffiene free. The original. I am not obese. Pop did not make people obese. In fact new studies have come out that people who drink "diet" pop don't lose weight. They eat foods that aren't healthy but drink "diet pop" so they think they are okay. Second, I thought clothes were taxed. Third, you are crazy if you remove the cap on gas tax. New York State already has some the highest prices in gas (and it has been coming down). I live in Florida (which is not one of the lowest states) but when I was there in November, there was about a 50 cents difference (and where my brother lives is about 30 cents lower then Florida). And fourth, the last time a governor tried to get the Indians to tax "non-Indians", the Indians shut down the Thruway with burning tires (this section just happened to cross Indian land). If he signs the bill (especially involving the Indians) there will be trouble. Tires burn for a long time.

Ya, if the state stops giving our area aid we would be doing a lot better :doh:

Again - what are you talking about? I swear that you simply come on this board to disagree with people. I have yet to see you make a valid point or more importantly, reference any facts.

Does the aid offset what they've been taking? What's the incentive to bring business to WNY?

None - but don't bother sharing anything of substance with Molson Golden. If it were up to him we would all be living in communes.

>>>>>A number of other public health programs will come with savings by, for instance, taxing non-diet sodas under an "obesity tax" that will raise $404 million.<<<<<

Soda should be banned in bars, and obese people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

This governor needs to further research "diet" soda (pop). It is worse for you than the regular pop (soda). There are studies out there. Diet soda (pop) does not make you lose weight but gain.

This governor needs to further research "diet" soda (pop). It is worse for you than the regular pop (soda). There are studies out there. Diet soda (pop) does not make you lose weight but gain.

That is what I was thinking. You cane sugar sodas back on the market... That has got be better than the high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) they have been using the past 30 years... I wonder if there are studies done on that?

??

That is what I was thinking. You cane sugar sodas back on the market... That has got be better than the high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) they have been using the past 30 years... I wonder if there are studies done on that?

??

There are plenty of cane sugar sodas on the market. You just have to look for them. I only drink club soda but we have a friend that we visit in Palm Springs and he loves root beer. I show up with at least a dozen differnt sodas/root beers and if they have high fructose corn syrup I don't buy them. If you have BevMo near you their soda purchaser does a great job. They always find fun and different stuff.

??

HFCS is identical to sugar is almost all ways. It's just cheaper.