Non-Diet Soda

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>>>>A number of other public health programs will come with savings by, for instance, taxing non-diet sodas under an "obesity tax" that will raise $404 million.<<<<<

Soda should be banned in bars, and obese people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

We can probably blame this on Losman too. I'm not sure how, but we can do it.

Or cut expenses . A ten percent cut in state employees is in order. Many people are being laid off and the state should follow suit.

Because having more people collecting unemployment, not paying payroll taxes, and reducing consumer spending is really going to help turn the economy around.

LOL, ya boomer has it all figured out, doesn't he. :rolleyes:

The government always pays payroll taxes? And even when it does, what good is taxing yourself? Gentlemen: growth comes from increased trade not taxes and government spending, just like it comes from new sales and not investment. Increased taxes is a good inflation fighter, but a terrible growth producer. We need growth, not inflation suppression.

I fail to see how the government spending more on it's workforce, thereby needing to take in more money in the form of taxes, adds anything to the economy. You are simply moving the problem from one place to another. Net consumer spending will not increase and economies never grow, if you simply take money from one group and give it to another. This has been proven over and over, all over the world. There's a wall in Berlin that is a monument to this foolishness.

It takes money to make money. If you tax away all the money I might invest, save or spend, by definition I will have no new money, and therefore have no new money to spend, etc.. Moreover, you take away my choice on what to do with any new money I might make, and when you do that, you also take away my interest. Why should I care if I have no choice? When I have no interest, my productivity declines, and then eventually the shelves in the stores are empty, just like we saw in the late 80's in the whole of Eastern Europe. Stores in West Berlin full of goods, stores 50 yards away in the East, empty.

History, gentlemen, learn from it. Edit: You know why Reagan changed from being a Democrat for 30 years to being a Republican? He was told that if he made another movie, he would only end up keeping 10% of his salary. In fact, his accountant told him that he was better off not working. That is how retarded things had become in the 70's. There's no reason to re-learn this lesson.

The government always pays payroll taxes? And even when it does, what good is taxing yourself? Gentlemen: growth comes from increased trade not taxes and government spending, just like it comes from new sales and not investment. Increased taxes is a good inflation fighter, but a terrible growth producer. We need growth, not inflation suppression.

I fail to see how the government spending more on it's workforce, thereby needing to take in more money in the form of taxes, adds anything to the economy. You are simply moving the problem from one place to another. Net consumer spending will not increase and economies never grow, if you simply take money from one group and give it to another. This has been proven over and over, all over the world. There's a wall in Berlin that is a monument to this foolishness.

It takes money to make money. If you tax away all the money I might invest, save or spend, by definition I will have no new money, and therefore have no new money to spend, etc.. Moreover, you take away my choice on what to do with any new money I might make, and when you do that, you also take away my interest. Why should I care if I have no choice? When I have no interest, my productivity declines, and then eventually the shelves in the stores are empty, just like we saw in the late 80's in the whole of Eastern Europe. Stores in West Berlin full of goods, stores 50 yards away in the East, empty.

History, gentlemen, learn from it.

Ever hear of Consumer spending?

Blame the criminals on wall street who created the need for this. Have to raise revenue somehow

There is plenty of blame to go around, and Wall Street will get its fair share, but lets not forget about the folks who spent far more money on their homes, cars, credit cards etc. than they could ever hope to repay.

Ever hear of Consumer spending?

You are unbelievable. Do you live in Western New York? Have you seen what the suffocating tax environment has done to the area? What about the state mandated spending? The prevailing wage? (do you know that the flag wavers on highway road projects make $25 per hour) My guess is that you don't.

It is simple but I will break it down for you.

The state has a budget shortfall (That means they are spending more money then they are taking in).

The state can

A.) Reduce spending (like the reast of us do in a decline)

B.) Borrow (not really an option based on current credit markets / state financial situation)

c.) Increase taxation and spending to appease the special interest groups that are part of the problem in the first place.

Don't let my background in finance or my MBA fool you - this is not hard.

Because having more people collecting unemployment, not paying payroll taxes, and reducing consumer spending is really going to help turn the economy around.

Paying payroll taxes with the same money that came from taxes. This one I am not sure of but are public employees eligible for unemployment , I dont think so. Also raising taxew just keep business form starting here. I guess most Communists want to increase the size of government , that is already bloated.