Non-Diet Soda

And in other public health news:

The Supreme Court handed tobacco companies a major and well-deserved setback on Monday, saying smokers may proceed with lawsuits arguing that they were deceived by the marketing of “light” cigarettes.

The 5-to-4 ruling — with Justice Anthony Kennedy casting his swing vote with the court’s four most liberal members — could do a great deal to rein in deceptive advertising by cigarette manufacturers. It was a welcome departure for a court that has been far too deferential to business. We hope it signals that the justices are moving toward a more balanced approach to business cases.

The case was brought by Maine residents who have smoked light cigarettes made by Philip Morris, whose parent company is Altria, for more than 15 years. They argue that Philip Morris’s contention that these cigarettes deliver less tar and nicotine to smokers than regular brands was untrue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/16/opinion/...tml?ref=opinion

Wow, this with a Conservative court. Just wait till Obama appoints a few far left Commies like me to the bench! <_<

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's not recommended. Keeps us up for days and we don't shut up.

Ah kinda like my four year old and sugar! Oof, not a pretty sight I am afraid. Notice that I didn't differential which wing... nut left or right.... I guess your answer applies to both too.

OH and I forgot to add, now he will be taxed.

Hey people.....now the physically fit will feel the pain....not just the obese.

>>>>There also would be higher taxes on gas, taxi rides, cable and satellite TV service, cigars, beer, movie and sports tickets, and health spa visits, to name a few items.<<<<

Of course, they still pretend they are trying to save our "health." Also, gasoline is included as well. Doesn't WNY already have the most expensive gasoline on the continental USA?

What a disgrace

>>>>There also would be higher taxes on gas, taxi rides, cable and satellite TV service, cigars, beer, movie and sports tickets, and health spa visits, to name a few items.<<<<

Of course, they still pretend they are trying to save our "health." Also, gasoline is included as well. Doesn't WNY already have the most expensive gasoline on the continental USA?

What a disgrace

It is not good, but truly the most expensive in CAL. Unbelievably, Mass runs about .20-.30 cheaper than NY and CT.

What a disgrace

The disgrace is that we need to do this at all. It's because tax revenue from Wall Street is so far down.

Because having more people collecting unemployment, not paying payroll taxes, and reducing consumer spending is really going to help turn the economy around.

Yes. Government welfare in the form of jobs is a great long term cure for a ailing economy.

Yes. Government welfare in the form of jobs is a great long term cure for a ailing economy.

What planet are you on or I guess you didn't read your history.... Helped this country and my folks survive the Great Depression.... As the old saying goes... idle hands is the devil's work... but then again you avatar may say it all :bag:

The disgrace is that we need to do this at all. It's because tax revenue from Wall Street is so far down.

No surprise, but you don't seem to mind the hypocrisy. Smoking bans in bars, tax on non-diet soda, outrageous gasoline tax.....weren't these things aimed at protecting the environment and our "helath?" Now, they are taxing those who want to be healthier.

People with a brain can see that all of the above was always bullschit. The libs created monsters so they could tax them. Btw, I don't expect you to grasp this.

Gov. Stevie Wonder just another taxing libertard , Obama will take whats left. Also notice none of these new fees are deductible on your Fed return. Gov Doofus also raised the welfare payments. He did not cut any significant spending. A tax and spend tard .

Vs. a subprime borrow and spend tard a la Pres. Bush and the knuckle draggers

Vs. a subprime borrow and spend tard a la Pres. Bush and the knuckle draggers

The subprime situation was a result of your girlfriend Barney telling banks they must give loans to ner do wells , no down payment no proof of income , motgages collapsed . Bush warned of the subprime mess but you tards control congress. A fact the tards that voted for Obama did even know Yep Barney and Stevie good combo. :D

The subprime situation was a result of your girlfriend Barney telling banks they must give loans to ner do wells , no down payment no proof of income , motgages collapsed . Bush warned of the subprime mess but you tards control congress. A fact the tards that voted for Obama did even know Yep Barney and Stevie good combo. :D

That is just not true. You go way, way WAY too far.