The extension is still just a rumor!

VJ91

I've checked everywhere this morning. I have not read one word, or heard one report, from either the Bills or Jauron that this infamous 3 year extension has been signed, nor even exists. Nothing on the Bills official team website. No press release, no press conference, nothing. ESPN, WGR, CBS, WKRP in Cincinnati, every single media outlet keeps running this story about Dick signing this contract. Until the Bills and Dick freakin' confirm the story, why bother reacting to it at all??

I've checked everywhere this morning. I have not read one word, or heard one report, from either the Bills or Jauron that this infamous 3 year extension has been signed, nor even exists. Nothing on the Bills official team website. No press release, no press conference, nothing. ESPN, WGR, CBS, WKRP in Cincinnati, every single media outlet keeps running this story about Dick signing this contract. Until the Bills and Dick freakin' confirm the story, why bother reacting to it at all??

Ya-on the nfl.com site, they are reporting he re-signed, but WILSON will not admit it and the TEAM has not made it "official"!!! But have you ever seen anything like it in this day and age? I mean how hard is it to find out if MAURON (Jauron) resigned or not.

That site says YES, and Wilson would have to eat the contract to get rid of him. unless we fire him and he somehow gets another coaching job somewhere!! Ya right, with his stellar record

Who cares? I'm tired of these extension threads.

If the Bills are going to fire him, they'll fire him, regardless of whether he just re-signed. It's pretty clear that Wilson's going to fire him and eat the money on the contract.

Hopefully Ralph was smart enough to put a contingency clause in the contract, such as the Bills must make the playoffs.

Ya-on the nfl.com site, they are reporting he re-signed, but WILSON will not admit it and the TEAM has not made it "official"!!! But have you ever seen anything like it in this day and age? I mean how hard is it to find out if MAURON (Jauron) resigned or not.

That site says YES, and Wilson would have to eat the contract to get rid of him. unless we fire him and he somehow gets another coaching job somewhere!! Ya right, with his stellar record

Karma for Ralph. He can take the money he sold his soul for from Toronto and buy-out Jauron.

If Jauron really did sign that extension yesterday before or after the game, then that was Ralph pretty much B word slapping the entire Bills fans base! Thats what it tells me, he was pretty much telling everyone to F off this is his team he will do what he wants and only what he wants......

Hopefully Ralph was smart enough to put a contingency clause in the contract, such as the Bills must make the playoffs.

But even if he wasn't, that's just the way it works sometimes. Ralph eats $5 million--big deal. If Jauron signs elsewhere, that'll probably off-set whatever Ralph owes him over the life of the contract.

The fact is, why should we be concerned if Ralph has to pay $ to DJ after he fires him? It's not as if it counts against the cap. The only person it will hurt is Ralph.

Still "sources say," though. Give me a name, or a release.

From Chris Brown's live-blog yesterday:

[Comment From Geoff]

Chris, did the Jauron re-signing just become official? I'm hearing through 2011.

Chris Brown: Not official. Schefter has reported a couple of times that it's done. He just recently reiterated that.

The Bills and Jauron have stated that they do not discuss contract matters. Why do you expect that to change?

He's ours. To quote a once popular song "Signed sealed delivered we're !@#$."

Those of you who have been saying that Ralph will fire DJ whether or not he signed and extension, obviously havent been paying too much attention to the way Ralph operates (and pinches pennies) over the past 3 or 4 decades. He didn't even want to pay Wade Phillips what he owed him on his contract after he fired him, the same coach who took us to the playoffs for the last time, and almost every year he was here.

This seems implausible, a nightmare. Has any group of people suffered more than Bills fans? They ought to create some Federal bailout fund to compensate us all for pain and suffering. Economy sucks? No problem. Lose your job? Piece of cake. Can pay your bills? What's the big deal. You can torture us, even kill us. We're Bills fans. Anything you do to us after the season we've been through won't faze us one bit.

But seriously. My question is: how is this going to play out with the fan base? The season ticket holders, etc. I live out of town and come back for 1 game a year. Make it a weekend and visit with old friends, wings, etc. So a couple nights in a hotel, food and entertainment, tailgating, travel expenses, tickets, and a couple hundred bucks my wife drops every year in the field house store after the game. In my current mindset I can't see myself shelling out the cash for a game next year if the same crew returns. I also subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket so I've seen it all this year.

How do you season ticket holders feel?