This just in...

Let me start by saying Dick Jauron should not be an NFL coach. Now let's have a little moderation -- he's not terrible. The play call was suspect, but only mildly. I like that, as a team, we pulled our sack out and played (and coached) with a little bit of swagger. The execution was poor, but the play-call wasn't awful. In my opinion we should have kept it on the ground, but with the 2-minute-warning looming, I can see the though process. Be that as it may, the result of the game isn't all I was looking for.

This team showed up for Dick. Now there is no question the team likes their leader, but I think he is in over his head.

Some observations...

Marshawn Lynch is an elite running back, and Fast Freddy is an elite change of pace. That facet of the team is absolutely and decidedly strong. The bottom line is if they get blocking (which they did today) they will torch defenses. TORCH.

Lock up Jason Peters, please. He may have had lapses this season, but the guy is an elite athlete and will be a force at tackle for however long he decides to play.

Steve Johnson was an absolute steal. I've said it before, but I have no idea how he fell so far in the draft. At Kentucky, the guy had a knack for the timely catch. He caught multiple game-winners and is the physical, big receiver we've been waiting for. If James Hardy is ever able to put it together, the two of them can completely change the look of our receiving core.

Puzz is, and has been, over-rated. He doesn't shed blocks and is too often lost in the shuffle. He could be a very good OLB, but we need to be in the market for a real, NFL, MLB. Ray Malaluga???

Our QB situation is terrible. JP is lost, and Trent is a skirt-wearing girl. We can not be afraid to try and find a franchise QB in the draft. You need look no farther than this years Rookie class to see that when you find the right QB it can work early. Trent should come into next season as the incumbent, but he needs to be pushed by a rookie, and/or a veteran QB.

Leodis is the most dangerous KO returner in the league. I don't care what anyone says, to me, that is a fact. He could end up an elite cover corner as well. Great pick. He is a game changer.

The pieces are here people. We need some tweaking and direction, but the pices are here.

Let me start by saying Dick Jauron should not be an NFL coach. Now let's have a little moderation -- he's not terrible. The play call was suspect, but only mildly. I like that, as a team, we pulled our sack out and played (and coached) with a little bit of swagger. The execution was poor, but the play-call wasn't awful. In my opinion we should have kept it on the ground, but with the 2-minute-warning looming, I can see the though process. Be that as it may, the result of the game isn't all I was looking for.

This team showed up for Dick. Now there is no question the team likes their leader, but I think he is in over his head.

Some observations...

Marshawn Lynch is an elite running back, and Fast Freddy is an elite change of pace. That facet of the team is absolutely and decidedly strong. The bottom line is if they get blocking (which they did today) they will torch defenses. TORCH.

Lock up Jason Peters, please. He may have had lapses this season, but the guy is an elite athlete and will be a force at tackle for however long he decides to play.

Steve Johnson was an absolute steal. I've said it before, but I have no idea how he fell so far in the draft. At Kentucky, the guy had a knack for the timely catch. He caught multiple game-winners and is the physical, big receiver we've been waiting for. If James Hardy is ever able to put it together, the two of them can completely change the look of our receiving core.

Puzz is, and has been, over-rated. He doesn't shed blocks and is too often lost in the shuffle. He could be a very good OLB, but we need to be in the market for a real, NFL, MLB. Ray Malaluga???

Our QB situation is terrible. JP is lost, and Trent is a skirt-wearing girl. We can not be afraid to try and find a franchise QB in the draft. You need look no farther than this years Rookie class to see that when you find the right QB it can work early. Trent should come into next season as the incumbent, but he needs to be pushed by a rookie, and/or a veteran QB.

Leodis is the most dangerous KO returner in the league. I don't care what anyone says, to me, that is a fact. He could end up an elite cover corner as well. Great pick. He is a game changer.

The pieces are here people. We need some tweaking and direction, but the pices are here.

have you watched Baltimore play this year? THAT is what a team looks like when the pieces are in place.

Looks like you're the only one who saw this so-called "good-stuff".

I saw a bunch of good stuff too. Look--this was a classic Bills "moral" victory. You outplay the opponent, make crucial mistakes, get screwed by the refs, and then break all your fans' hearts.

I liked this stuff:

1) McKelvin

2) Jackson's TD run

3) Lynch

4) Preston breaking the ref's face

5) Defense in the 4th qtr

6) Turk's committment to the run, including running sweeps

7) Parrish's PR

8) Great ST kicking/coverage

9) O-line pass protecting/run-blocking

Not so fast. Matt Ryan looks like the real deal, but he has a great running game (2nd in the NFL) and was picked 3rd overall, and there was no consensus on him being this good prior to actually playing. Likewise, Joe Flacco is the beneficiary of a great running game (4th in the NFL) and great defense, but isn't a good QB (yet). If anything, it shows the importance of a good running game.

Not so fast. Matt Ryan looks like the real deal, but he has a great running game (2nd in the NFL) and was picked 3rd overall, and there was no consensus on him being this good prior to actually playing. Likewise, Joe Flacco is the beneficiary of a great running game (4th in the NFL) and great defense, but isn't a good QB (yet). If anything, it shows the importance of a good running game.

Anyone who watched Ryan knew he was great. Some people said he threw a lot of picks, sometimes picks are good because it shows you take chances, and if you dont, like trent, the D can play a shorter field.

As good as those guys have been, your right, they have a great run game and D too. But thier coaches put them in a position win, ours simply dont. They gameplan for success, thats the key. Play action, slants, curls, bootlegs, we have none of them and other teams use them constantly.

Anyone who watched Ryan knew he was great. Some people said he threw a lot of picks, sometimes picks are good because it shows you take chances, and if you dont, like trent, the D can play a shorter field.

As good as those guys have been, your right, they have a great run game and D too. But thier coaches put them in a position win, ours simply dont. They gameplan for success, thats the key. Play action, slants, curls, bootlegs, we have none of them and other teams use them constantly.

No argument there.

I'm not sure we don't have a great running game, in all honesty. I think if we showed a commitment to Marshawn and Freddy, it would take a lot of pressure off our already anemic passing game.

I don't think it's crazy to believe JP a better option to Trent -- hear me out.

Trent is an injury-prone turnover machine. For God's sake, look at his track record. If anything, JP keeps defenses honest because he's dumb enough to chuck it dangerously deep. I don't think either are the answer, and I'd particularly like it if we stayed away from Cali-QBs... Forever.

I saw a bunch of good stuff too. Look--this was a classic Bills "moral" victory. You outplay the opponent, make crucial mistakes, get screwed by the refs, and then break all your fans' hearts.

I liked this stuff:

1) McKelvin

2) Jackson's TD run

3) Lynch

4) Preston breaking the ref's face

5) Defense in the 4th qtr

6) Turk's committment to the run, including running sweeps

7) Parrish's PR

8) Great ST kicking/coverage

9) O-line pass protecting/run-blocking

I agree.

Especially about the running sweeps. We need to run three or four a game.

I don't think it's crazy to believe JP a better option to Trent -- hear me out.

Trent is an injury-prone turnover machine. For God's sake, look at his track record. If anything, JP keeps defenses honest because he's dumb enough to chuck it dangerously deep. I don't think either are the answer, and I'd particularly like it if we stayed away from Cali-QBs... Forever.

TE may well be injury prone.....but a turnover machine??? Compared to JPL???

In 22 games played, TE has had 22 TOs

In 42 games played, JPL has had 51 TOs

Comparing other youngish QBs

Ely Manning....70 games, 86 TOs

Ben Roethlisburger.....70 games, 79 TOs

Phillip Rivers.....50 games, 48 TOs

Jay Cutler.....35 games, 42 TOs

Matt Leinart....19 games, 18 TOs

Tarvaris Jackson....23 games, 22 TOs

TE may well be injury prone.....but a turnover machine??? Compared to JPL???

In 22 games played, TE has had 22 TOs

In 42 games played, JPL has had 51 TOs

Comparing other youngish QBs

Ely Manning....70 games, 86 TOs

Ben Roethlisburger.....70 games, 79 TOs

Phillip Rivers.....50 games, 48 TOs

Jay Cutler.....35 games, 42 TOs

Matt Leinart....19 games, 18 TOs

Tarvaris Jackson....23 games, 22 TOs

I was referring to his college numbers, combined with his limited professional resume'. Check it out. It should open your eyes. He hasn't been reliable since high school -- that includes holding onto the ball and keeping himself healthy.

Some observations...

LOL..the pieces are here indeed...pieces of utter monkey sh*t. :thumbsup:

How anyone can remain positive after this dismally atrocious display of football is beyond me. God bless you.

The play call on that roll out would should have been a quick pitch left or right with pulling OL, ya know due to the fact that when we did that the Jets couldnt stop it.....but again I dont know much about football like Jauron and Co....

AMEN

"Run the F^&CKING football" -Marcus Stroud 12/14/2008

I thought JP played well up until the 2nd and 5 play (which was an assinine call). He threw a TD pass (when was the last time we've seen one of those from Trent?) and ran for a TD and at least one first down. Made several good 3rd down conversion on passes. I'd a liked to have seen him throw a bomb or 2, but obviously Dick didn't feel comfortable with it.

I also thought the running game was dynamite again.

Defense played OK. Gave up too many yards, points and Time of Possession. But good enough to win.

"We can not be afraid to try and find a franchise QB in the draft. You need look no farther than this years Rookie class to see that when you find the right QB it can work early. Trent should come into next season as the incumbent, but he needs to be pushed by a rookie, and/or a veteran QB."

Please no more rookie QBs next year. Please. Let's get a vet in the off season. There's some available like Warren,Collins, and Garcia. Or let's try to work a trade for McNabb or Bulger. This team is close and a good veteran QB who knows how to win already could push us over the top. I see QB as our greatest weakness.

Just because a guy doesn't turn it over quite as much as JP does not make him not a turn over machine.

I thought JP played well up until the 2nd and 5 play (which was an assinine call). He threw a TD pass (when was the last time we've seen one of those from Trent?) and ran for a TD and at least one first down. Made several good 3rd down conversion on passes. I'd a liked to have seen him throw a bomb or 2, but obviously Dick didn't feel comfortable with it.

I also thought the running game was dynamite again.

Defense played OK. Gave up too many yards, points and Time of Possession. But good enough to win.

Please no more rookie QBs next year. Please. Let's get a vet in the off season. There's some available like Warren,Collins, and Garcia. Or let's try to work a trade for McNabb or Bulger. This team is close and a good veteran QB who knows how to win already could push us over the top. I see QB as our greatest weakness.

Just because a guy doesn't turn it over quite as much as JP does not make him not a turn over machine.

I agree..I don't want to see another rookie QB here for a long, long time. I want a freaking veteran who's at least savvy enough to know what the F@#ck is going on on the field...b/c it's apparent that our coaches don't have the slightest clue.

I would personally trade our 2nd round this year, and 2nd round next year to get McNabb. He's still in his prime, and he's a QB who can play in crappy weather. However, I still want to see more from Edwards..so hopefully he can patch up his vag, and get on the field again before the end of the season. If/how he plays the last two games, that might indicate which direction we should go in the offseason.

With any kind of decent, consistent QB play this year we would could EASILY be 10-4 right now. (Wins against Browns, Dolphins second game, San Fran, and today). And i'm not talking about pro bowl caliber QB'ing..i'm simply talking about a QB who's capable of moving the chains every once in a while.

Bring in McNabb or Bulger and fire Jauron...this team wins 11 games next year.

There were a lot of positives in the game that are overshadowed by the outcome. Losman didn't play as bad as we have seen in the past. A couple of Losman passes were dropped that were a little high and perhaps had too much mustard but catchable. The offensive line may have had their best game of the year with both pass and run blocking ("the play" excluded) . McKelvin and Parrish are incredible!

Losman should not have been put in that situation. The Jets are weakest at stopping the run and the Bills were effectively running the ball. So attack the Jets weakness to run out the clock? I couldn't believe how poorly the Jets were at tackling. I like the idea of using a fullback on a pass but the timing of the play is baffling. However, the Jets didn't expect it either. If only it had worked... The Bills should have won this game.

The Bills are out of the running for the playoffs but they haven't quit. We have another week ahead of bemoaning a loss and Jerry Sullivan calling for Jauron's departure. Giving up on our QBs isn't the best option right now. A pass rushing threat is a good bet.