Hokie dokie...Bills add LB to practice squad

Beerball

On addition of Hall

By Chris Brown - Posted December 10th, 2008

I was surprised to see such a productive college player get passed over so much as Vince Hall. But injury can do that to a prospect and he had a broken wrist, knee that required microfracture surgery and then tore a hamstring with the Rams in less than a calendar year, so perhaps you can understand the skittish nature of NFL teams.

But the fact remains the guy was ultra-productive in a top ranked college defense. Here's some more info on Hall you might find interesting.

I guess we’ll see how he fares in the offseason when we get the opportunity to get an extended look at him provided he’s retained.

He’s wearing jersey number 97 since there were no more 50’s left. Not exactly a great sign for the I-R’d John McCargo, but the writing is kind of on the wall there anyway.

let me guess-he's 5' 10" and weighs 232 pounds

now I am no judge of how college talent will translate to the pros, but Vince was a hell of a player for Tech. Tore his knee up or something last year i believe. Like I said, plaese no jumping on me about his size etc, all I am saying is he was a hell of LB in college.

reminds me of Corey Moore, and Corey had a hell of a career here, so maybe luck will be with us :):(

He’s wearing jersey number 97 since there were no more 50’s left. Not exactly a great sign for the I-R’d John McCargo, but the writing is kind of on the wall there anyway.
:)

I don't remember Okie Dokes or Tom Ruud ever getting disrespected as much as McCargo has, he must really be a POS.

So now this guy, Ellison, and Alvin Bowen can fight it out for the coveted position of the new Coy Wire/first small and useless LB off the bench role.

This team will get to the point where our defensive line averages 180lbs and runs a 4.2/40

So now this guy, Ellison, and Alvin Bowen can fight it out for the coveted position of the new Coy Wire/first small and useless LB off the bench role.

LOL... I knew we were missing something this year. Ellison has been starting and Bowen is on IR. I just want to know who will start the first "Lets try Hall at Safety" thread.

typical bills moment... we sign a undersized, slow, college standout - who must have a lot of football instincts to make those kind of numbers in college, but doesn't have the physical tools to be a NFL star... even if he is on the practice squad - I hope were all wrong in evaluating his talent, and he pans out to be a great starting LB. But hey, its not like he's making millions riding the bench

I liked the move. The guy was a gamer on a good VT team. VT consistently fields a very strong defense and he was a main cog on that defense, racking up the tackles. I hope he gets a shot in camp and makes the 53 man roster.

Holy crap, I'm talking about camp already. This is depressing.