Langston Walker has no clue

The hatred on this board is out of control. I am thinking Donte was right.. 32 teams.. Pick another one.

I am curious to know from the entire TSW when you lost a game in any sport was it because you didnt try, didnt care, were auditioning for a future tv spot, or werent coached properly? Then again... The way many posters here talk... They never lost a game of anything ever...

I understand footbal is a differnt sport But I played on a socccer team that lost almost all its games that coach didnt return the next season but all the smae players did and we won the championship becuase the Coach knew how to coach knew what was wrong knew how to improve it and was a differnt style of coach he was a coach accustomed to winning and coached that way the prior coach was accustomed to losing and coached that way.

Im just saying to me it is and always has been the wrong coach for the Bills, I didnt like the GW signing and I hated the Jauron signing even more becuase of what was available to us versus what we got. Mularkey I wasnt sure of but was slightly hopeful based on three seasons of a top 10 offense and he was an offensive coach.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand footbal is a differnt sport But I played on a socccer team that lost almost all its games that coach didnt return the next season but all the smae players did and we won the championship becuase the Coach knew how to coach knew what was wrong knew how to improve it and was a differnt style of coach he was a coach accustomed to winning and coached that way the prior coach was accustomed to losing and coached that way.

Im just saying to me it is and always has been the wrong coach for the Bills, I didnt like the GW signing and I hated the Jauron signing even more becuase of what was available to us versus what we got. Mularkey I wasnt sure of but was slightly hopeful based on three seasons of a top 10 offense and he was an offensive coach.

And I would say to say it this way is a fair post. The post that set me off is that Langston Walker responding to a question from the media on whether coach Jauron had lost the locker room? Langston response does not throw his coach or his teammates under the bus and the author goes on a Langston Walker is a douche bag rant. What was Langston supposed to say? Now I have no knowledge of your team and the make up and what changed from the two season. But maybe just maybe with a particularly young team like the Bills getting another year together, adding a few pieces here and there will get them over the hump. I dont know. I am not a football personnell guy. I am just sick of reading post after posting spewing anger that the team lost because they dont want it, dont try, decided to take the ball in the second half. Maybe the owner of the team is right. They just arent good enough... Now instead of going after the coach a good reporter might have asked the following... Ralph this is not the first time or year we have heard you say that. What are you going to do about it? And will you leave 20-25 million dollars of available cap money on the table when you said yourself the product you are selling is not good enough to compete? Those are two questions that I would really like to know Ralphs answer to?

I get that your upset about the losing streak but how would you have answered the question "Has Coach Jauron lost the locker room?" as a player. Go for it and the rest of us can call you names.

Here's what I would say: "We admire and respect Coach J. We have all let him down. We have all played terribly these past 7 games, and intend to at least finish strong by winning our last 3 games against good teams to prove how much we respect him, and to slavage at least a winning season for ourselves, for Coach and most of all for the great fans of Bills Nation."

Instead, Langston fed us the same tired defensive garbage about the media creating illusions of problems in the locker room, and only admitted that his team has gone through "a tough spot." A tough spot? What the hell is he talking about, getting a stain out of one of his $300.00 silk shirts?

Later on in that article, McGee took a tiny bit more accountability, but pulled out the most popular current vague cliche' in all of sports today in doing it by saying "It's the players," cornerback Terrence McGee said. "It's not on Jauron. You can watch film and see that we're not making plays like we need to to get these wins. It's the sad part of the game, seeing coaches go through stuff like that when the players aren't making the plays that need to be made."

"We didn't make plays." That is not an answer! If your accountant does your books, and you still get audited, would you be satisfied when you go back to him and his answer is: "Man I'm sorry. I just didn't add the numbers. "It's the sad part of accounting, to see you go through stuff like your audit when I just didn't add the numbers that needed to be added."

I am so sick and tired of hearing player after player repeat that stupid mantra of making or not making plays!! And now everyone on ESPN, CBS, Fox and NBC are repeating that stupid phrase over and over as if they think it makes them seem like experts. Idiot panel host asks; "So tell me Trent Dilfer, why do you like Matt Ryan so far?" Dilfer: "Man, that kid has all the throws, and he just makes plays!" Shut up all ready.

I miss the old days when the talk show host asked Thurman Thomas what was the biggest problem with the bickering Bills in 1989, and Thurman answered: "JIM KELLY." Where is the personality, passion and heart of those warriers that played for so much less money these days???

Here's what I would say: "We admire and respect Coach J. We have all let him down. We have all played terribly these past 7 games, and intend to at least finish strong by winning our last 3 games against good teams to prove how much we respect him, and to slavage at least a winning season for ourselves, for Coach and most of all for the great fans of Bills Nation."

Instead, Langston fed us the same tired defensive garbage about the media creating illusions of problems in the locker room, and only admitted that his team has gone through "a tough spot." A tough spot? What the hell is he talking about, getting a stain out of one of his $300.00 silk shirts?

Later on in that article, McGee took a tiny bit more accountability, but pulled out the most popular current vague cliche' in all of sports today in doing it by saying "It's the players," cornerback Terrence McGee said. "It's not on Jauron. You can watch film and see that we're not making plays like we need to to get these wins. It's the sad part of the game, seeing coaches go through stuff like that when the players aren't making the plays that need to be made."

"We didn't make plays." That is not an answer! If your accountant does your books, and you still get audited, would you be satisfied when you go back to him and his answer is: "Man I'm sorry. I just didn't add the numbers. "It's the sad part of accounting, to see you go through stuff like your audit when I just didn't add the numbers that needed to be added."

I am so sick and tired of hearing player after player repeat that stupid mantra of making or not making plays!! And now everyone on ESPN, CBS, Fox and NBC are repeating that stupid phrase over and over as if they think it makes them seem like experts. Idiot panel host asks; "So tell me Trent Dilfer, why do you like Matt Ryan so far?" Dilfer: "Man, that kid has all the throws, and he just makes plays!" Shut up all ready.

I miss the old days when the talk show host asked Thurman Thomas what was the biggest problem with the bickering Bills in 1989, and Thurman answered: "JIM KELLY." Where is the personality, passion and heart of those warriers that played for so much less money these days???

The only way you can compare accounting to football is if it were full contact accounting....

You are comparing Football to Accounting... Really?

And you miss the ole days when Thurman threw Kelly under the bus? How did that work out for the 89 Bills? Lost in the first round to Cleveland right?? Followed by 4 straight superbowl appearances after they stopped fighting.... And the money they played for back then... Was considered to be a TON of money in those days... TON of money...

The only way you can compare accounting to football is if it were full contact accounting....

You are comparing Football to Accounting... Really?

And you miss the ole days when Thurman threw Kelly under the bus? How did that work out for the 89 Bills? Lost in the first round to Cleveland right?? Followed by 4 straight superbowl appearances after they stopped fighting.... And the money they played for back then... Was considered to be a TON of money in those days... TON of money...

These kind of comparisons get thrown around a lot here. "If I were a ____ and I only did my job correctly _____ out of every _______times, I'd get canned!"

You know what the difference is between playing pro football and most other jobs??? In those other jobs, people aren't directly trying to prevent you from doing your job! If every accountant had 31 other accountants trying to make sure he didn't do his job correctly, he wouldn't be as good!

Why do people think this is a legit comparison?

These kind of comparisons get thrown around a lot here. "If I were a ____ and I only did my job correctly _____ out of every _______times, I'd get canned!"

You know what the difference is between playing pro football and most other jobs??? In those other jobs, people aren't directly trying to prevent you from doing your job! If every accountant had 31 other accountants trying to make sure he didn't do his job correctly, he wouldn't be as good!

Because those people are full of fecal matter.

Anyone remember the thread years back when ICE ranted about how he "had always performed at an excellent level" at his job and thus was right to demand it from the Bills? This from a guy who took time from work to post 10,000 plus times on a message board.

Truth is, many of us, as much as we love the sports, hate and envy the athletes, and that is the source of a lot of the bile that gets aimed at those athletes when they disappoint.

"The hatred on this board is out of control. I am thinking Donte was right.. 32 teams.. Pick another one."

Did Donte actually say that??

This is what he posted on his Facebook page

Donte is hoping you all understand that theres 32 nfl teams, u guys dont have to b a bills fan! thanks to the loyal fans!

Here's the article : http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/518577.html

Ummm, Hey Langston!! The last time I checked, WINNING F'ING FOOTBALL GAMES sells news papers in Buffalo you pathetic moron!! Winning also sells Bills jerseys, hats, ear rings, sweaters, headbands, wrist bands, posters, even advertising on crappy player local TV shows.

Just because a reporter asks a valid question to an overpaid, over weight, fat, bloated bag of useless crap, under performing douche bag on this team, his answer and every other player always seems to find it convenient to say stupid garbage like that.

Hate to point this out too Langston, but winning also sells tickets too, even though that hasn't been the contributing factor in selling tickets in WNY in the last DECADE.

Relax. Take a deep breath.

Walker is only doing the professional thing here, not that I care for DJ. Their coach has never thrown the players under the bus, and they won't reciprocate.

Langston Walker has been here less than two seasons, and shouldn't get a bullseye on his chest for being upset and not having a way to express it. The problems on this team are higher up than a moderately paid OT.

This is what he posted on his Facebook page

Donte is hoping you all understand that theres 32 nfl teams, u guys dont have to b a bills fan! thanks to the loyal fans!

I hope Donte understands there are 32 teams, and HE does not have to be a Bills player.

Obviously my sarcastic wit is lost on you two. I'm not comparing football to accounting. I'm comparing how football players talk to if accountants tried to talk the same way. I understand football players have a different dynamic then the rest of us working class out here in the real world! They risk their lives every week to play a game at a level most of us cannot imagine. They also get paid more money then most of us can imagine. All I ask from them is an honest answer to a valid question. I'm not expecting them to try to relate to the world of accounting. :)

Obviously my sarcastic wit is lost on you two. I'm not comparing football to accounting. I'm comparing how football players talk to if accountants tried to talk the same way. I understand football players have a different dynamic then the rest of us working class out here in the real world! They risk their lives every week to play a game at a level most of us cannot imagine. They also get paid more money then most of us can imagine. All I ask from them is an honest answer to a valid question. I'm not expecting them to try to relate to the world of accounting. :)

You'd be surprised how many times I've seen the comparisons to the rest of the working class without even a hint of sarcasm. My post didn't just relate to yours.

Yawn. If I had a nickel for every time someone, be it an NFL player or the disgruntled parent of a high school benchwarmer, played the tired "that's what sells papers" card ... For those of you in The News' circulation area: when was the last time you bought a copy solely to see what Bucky Gleason had to say? Yeah, that's what I thought.

That said, while it may be a valid question, whoever asked it -- presumably Gleason, although he didn't outwardly take credit for it -- had to already know he'd never get a "yes" even if Walker privately agreed. (Not saying he does, just that if he did, he'd be nuts to say it publicly while Jauron is still his boss.)

Jauron long ago built a reputation for being a players' coach with his soft-spoken approach and refusal to publicly criticize them. He doesn't bark at his players, the way Gregg Williams did, and he's not confused the way Mike Mularkey was. But he also doesn't win the way Marv Levy did.

Um, is this guy !@#$ing kidding me? OK, I get it. What it must mean is, Mularkey couldn't even PLAN to be as confused as this joke of a coach is.