Boycott the Patriots Game

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that boycotting the Bills game to Buffalo season ticket holders means selling their tickets to Pats fans.

You guys could organize the greatest walk out in history, but that doesn't mean the stadium wouldn't be left with thousands of Pats fans.

*edit: turns out thebandit27 was on the right path, but i missed it

I posted this in another thread, but apparently this is the one to put it on, so here goes (and I don't care if people get mad at it, it's the truth):

Grow up. This walkout idea is idiotic and ineffective. Most importantly, you should realize that most people won't do it. Sure, some will, but most won't. Almost as important is that it will have zero, I repeat, zero, positive affects. But, for arguments' sake, let's assume you and 19,999 other people actually do this...do you want to know what it will accomplish?

1.) Bills "fans" leave 30,000 New England fans left to cheer at a long-distance home game.

2.) Bills "fans" give every other owner about 1.2 million reasons why this town doesn't need a football team.

3.) Bills "fans" once again look like a bunch of whiny cry-babies that the rest of the football-watching world already wants to label them as.

so to play devils advocate (because i disagree with your point)

are you content with the team generally sucking for the past decade, happy with more of the same, like "eternal rebuilding mode", want to support the team even when they have continued to alienate their own fan base?

because by supporting the crap product we have been fed the past decade only indicates to the organization that we are content and will continue to support the crap they put out.

on the other hand,

if we show our discontentment with what our beloved organization has become 1 of 2 things will happen. The team will leave and go somewhere else (which might be inevietable regardless of what we do or dont do) or second, they will react and try to produce a better product.

either way i think we are better off to show them we are not a herd of sheep blindly approving of this franchise out of fear that if we dont they will move.

if the bills dont improve their organization within the next 5 years they will lose even more fans making a move even more likely. look at how many younger bills fans now know nothing other than failure? many are at their breaking points and if the organization doesnt finally let us know what its like to cheer for a winner they are in big trouble a few years from now. its tough love now, or cya later.

I posted this in another thread, but apparently this is the one to put it on, so here goes (and I don't care if people get mad at it, it's the truth):

Grow up. This walkout idea is idiotic and ineffective. Most importantly, you should realize that most people won't do it. Sure, some will, but most won't. Almost as important is that it will have zero, I repeat, zero, positive affects. But, for arguments' sake, let's assume you and 19,999 other people actually do this...do you want to know what it will accomplish?

1.) Bills "fans" leave 30,000 New England fans left to cheer at a long-distance home game.

2.) Bills "fans" give every other owner about 1.2 million reasons why this town doesn't need a football team.

3.) Bills "fans" once again look like a bunch of whiny cry-babies that the rest of the football-watching world already wants to label them as.

The bottom line is this: if Ralph Wilson wants to fire Dick Jauron, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. What you, me, or anybody else (including those really influential guys on WGR) does will have absolutely nothing to do with his decision. This walkout crappola is a sorry attempt for desperate people to do something so that they feel like they have some measure of control over a decision that they cannot influence AT ALL. So go to the game, and stay in the stadium and boo, or sell your tickets, or don't go, or go and tailgate in the lot without going in, or go and have your "I'm important enough to influence the decision of a billionaire that doesn't owe me a single thing" walkout. Just know that, whatever you do, you will have absolutely zero influence on Ralph's decision. None. Ralph will NOT think twice about firing Jauron because of what YOU do. He'll make up his mind on his own, regardless of what you want. THINK about it. Most fans didn't want Jauron in the first place, Ralph hired him. When fans wanted Tom Donahoe gone, Ralph backed him up. Keep in mind, Ralph was even going to keep Mike Mularkey before he resigned too. Ralph sent a home game to Toronto when most fans were adamant that they didn't want it done. What on earth makes you think that getting up and leaving a game early is going to accomplish anything? HE ALREADY KNOWS YOU DON'T APPROVE, AND HE DOESN'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!

Every fan has the right to do what he/she wants. Maybe a walkout won't help or maybe it will, who are we to judge unless we try? I can't stand the idea of a sh!tty product being stuffed down my throat without saying something about it, maybe you don't mind. Maybe you can live with a "I can't do anything about it so why try?" attitude but some people can't. To call an idea of someone's "idiotic" just because you don't agree is ridiculous. There are 31 other teams in this league and

fair-weather fans may be able to switch up their team but not everyone is fair-weather. Some Bills fans would rather boycott their team in hopes to make a change instead of whining and bitching that there's nothing we can do. Remember that the first step to taking away the people's power is leading them to believe that they have none.

Not to mention that boycotting the Bills game to Buffalo season ticket holders means selling their tickets to Pats fans.

You guys could organize the greatest walk out in history, but that doesn't mean the stadium wouldn't be left with thousands of Pats fans.

*edit: turns out thebandit27 was on the right path, but i missed it

Not true. There are plenty of out of town Bills fans who will be home for the holidays that weekend and would love to go for the game day experience. You are likely selling them to fellow Bills fans.

Not true. There are plenty of out of town Bills fans who will be home for the holidays that weekend and would love to go for the game day experience. You are likely selling them to fellow Bills fans.

Who would go for the experience???

Long time season ticket holder, I'm home for the holidays, and my family is selling our tickets. I never go to the last home games, save the Pittsburgh one a few years back, since they haven't meant anything in years.

Every fan has the right to do what he/she wants. Maybe a walkout won't help or maybe it will, who are we to judge unless we try? I can't stand the idea of a sh!tty product being stuffed down my throat without saying something about it, maybe you don't mind. Maybe you can live with a "I can't do anything about it so why try?" attitude but some people can't. To call an idea of someone's "idiotic" just because you don't agree is ridiculous. There are 31 other teams in this league and

fair-weather fans may be able to switch up their team but not everyone is fair-weather. Some Bills fans would rather boycott their team in hopes to make a change instead of whining and bitching that there's nothing we can do. Remember that the first step to taking away the people's power is leading them to believe that they have none.

oustanding. stole the words from my own mouth

It's not idiotic because I don't agree with it. It's idiotic because, for some reason that still hasn't been explained, people believe they're punishing someone other than themselves. If you don't want to watch the team, fine. Don't. Your choice. But don't sell me some routine about how you magically have some influence over Ralph Wilson because you leave a football game that doesn't really matter in the first quarter. You're actually having the opposite affect. You're the person that paid for the ticket, the parking, the fuel to get you there, and whatever it is you choose to bring to the parking lot for tailgating, and Ralph will be the one laughing all the way to the bank as he cashes YOUR check for a product that you didn't even stay to watch.

I love the poeticism you display with your V-for-Vendetta style "Remember that the first step to taking away the people's power is leading them to believe that they have none", but be honest with yourself here. The fans don't have any power. Here's the rules as a Bills' fan: Love 'em or they'll leave you. You aren't hurting anyone by walking out. You're giving the opposing team a virtual home game, and you're giving the owner, who has already shown that he doesn't care what the fans think, more of a reason to consider moving the team. You wanna do something about the team? Have a REAL boycott and don't go if you're that upset. Don't give the guy more of your money and then act like you're accomplishing something.

Now that I've covered that, just because somebody uses logic to point out the flaws in a flawed plan does not make them a "fair weather fan" or a person with an "I can't do anything about it so why try?" attitude. It is a TERRIBLE plan that will accomplish nothing. Whether you like it or not, the person in charge is Ralph Wilson. YOU can't change that. In fact, nobody can. In this country, when you buy, build, and/or develop an asset (like a football team or another kind of business), nobody can take it away from you. And nothing--absolutely nothing--that you do, is going to change that.

It's not idiotic because I don't agree with it. It's idiotic because, for some reason that still hasn't been explained, people believe they're punishing someone other than themselves. If you don't want to watch the team, fine. Don't. Your choice. But don't sell me some routine about how you magically have some influence over Ralph Wilson because you leave a football game that doesn't really matter in the first quarter. You're actually having the opposite affect. You're the person that paid for the ticket, the parking, the fuel to get you there, and whatever it is you choose to bring to the parking lot for tailgating, and Ralph will be the one laughing all the way to the bank as he cashes YOUR check for a product that you didn't even stay to watch.

I love the poeticism you display with your V-for-Vendetta style "Remember that the first step to taking away the people's power is leading them to believe that they have none", but be honest with yourself here. The fans don't have any power. Here's the rules as a Bills' fan: Love 'em or they'll leave you. You aren't hurting anyone by walking out. You're giving the opposing team a virtual home game, and you're giving the owner, who has already shown that he doesn't care what the fans think, more of a reason to consider moving the team. You wanna do something about the team? Have a REAL boycott and don't go if you're that upset. Don't give the guy more of your money and then act like you're accomplishing something.

Now that I've covered that, just because somebody uses logic to point out the flaws in a flawed plan does not make them a "fair weather fan" or a person with an "I can't do anything about it so why try?" attitude. It is a TERRIBLE plan that will accomplish nothing. Whether you like it or not, the person in charge is Ralph Wilson. YOU can't change that. In fact, nobody can. In this country, when you buy, build, and/or develop an asset (like a football team or another kind of business), nobody can take it away from you. And nothing--absolutely nothing--that you do, is going to change that.

Remember, the walk out is 2 minutes to go in the first....2 minutes

Who would go for the experience???

Long time season ticket holder, I'm home for the holidays, and my family is selling our tickets. I never go to the last home games, save the Pittsburgh one a few years back, since they haven't meant anything in years.

If the only reason you go to games is for the game itself, you're missing out

Wrong. I'm just guessing, but I have to believe that three quarters of concessions has to be worth over a million dollars. A loss of that size definitely sends a message.

And if he doesn't like that, where is he going to take the team. No city has the money right now to build a new stadium. We are both stuck with each other.

Wrong. I'm just guessing, but I have to believe that three quarters of concessions has to be worth over a million dollars. A loss of that size definitely sends a message.

And if he doesn't like that, where is he going to take the team. No city has the money right now to build a new stadium. We are both stuck with each other.

Someone else who "gets it". Good points. :lol:

After reviewing the carnage on this website tonight, for the first time, I believe the core fans of this organization have had their collective backs broken! Being the core fans of the team, I think it would be balls move to organize a boycott of the last home game against the Patriots. Collect money and put a one page add in the Buffalo News; a message needs to be sent to our pathetic owner once and for all!

Dude chill the f*&k out man, the Bills suck, but I got buddies flyin in for Christmas from all over the country who I haven't seen in a year and we're gonna have the sickest tailgate ever while you're sulking around your parents' house with your arms crossed. Every national story about the Bills mentions the fans' dissatisfaction with the owner, coach, etc., if he doesn't get it now, he never will. There's way more important things in this world to spend this much time worrying about.

Dude chill the f*&k out man, the Bills suck, but I got buddies flyin in for Christmas from all over the country who I haven't seen in a year and we're gonna have the sickest tailgate ever while you're sulking around your parents' house with your arms crossed. Every national story about the Bills mentions the fans' dissatisfaction with the owner, coach, etc., if he doesn't get it now, he never will. There's way more important things in this world to spend this much time worrying about.

That's pretty much hitting the nail right between the eyes.