My opinion of Obama has gone up quite a bit....

Fingon

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16292.html

Liberals are growing increasingly nervous – and some just flat-out angry – that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.

Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He’s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he’s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.

“He has confirmed what our suspicions were by surrounding himself with a centrist to right cabinet. But we do hope that before it's all over we can get at least one authentic progressive appointment,” said Tim Carpenter, national director of the Progressive Democrats of America.

OpenLeft blogger Chris Bowers went so far as to issue this plaintive plea: “Isn't there ever a point when we can get an actual Democratic administration?”

sounds good to me! <_< <_<

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around me

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the foe, that's all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday

No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There's nothing in the street

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Is now the parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

The only idiots who thought Obama was a rabid leftist were the wingnuts. Most of Obama's supporters were NOT left. do you really think that there are that many million leftists in America? Of course not!

I am perfectly happy with Obama so far. He's cool, he's smart, and he inspires confidence. He's a leader we don't need to be ashamed of. He has a good moral compass and I think he will put his country first, unlike the morons who are going to slink out of DC under cover of darkness in 43 days.

But then again who's counting.

The only idiots who thought Obama was a rabid leftist were the wingnuts. Most of Obama's supporters were NOT left. do you really think that there are that many million leftists in America? Of course not!

I am perfectly happy with Obama so far. He's cool, he's smart, and he inspires confidence. He's a leader we don't need to be ashamed of. He has a good moral compass and I think he will put his country first, unlike the morons who are going to slink out of DC under cover of darkness in 43 days.

Come on.... His campaign promises were way far-left.

I am perfectly happy with Obama so far. He's cool, he's smart, and he inspires confidence. He's a leader we don't need to be ashamed of. He has a good moral compass and I think he will put his country first,

<_<

:wub:

:worthy:

:worthy:

:P

Obama is essentially following the Bush model in foreign policy by appointing Robert Gates as his defense secretary. I like it a lot, but I would imagine those in the peace movement are very uncomfortable right now. Just wait until he starts quoting General Patraeus to defend delaying our withdrawal from Iraq!

BTW, anybody else think that Dicky Jauron and Barack Obama sound incredibly alike in their interviews?

Obama is essentially following the Bush model in foreign policy by appointing Robert Gates as his defense secretary. I like it a lot, but I would imagine those in the peace movement are very uncomfortable right now. Just wait until he starts quoting General Patraeus to defend delaying our withdrawal from Iraq!

BTW, anybody else think that Dicky Jauron and Barack Obama sound incredibly alike in their interviews?

Except that Gates was appointed to replace Rumsfeld because the Bush Foreign Policy wasn't working. He was widly seen as a change element. And I'm pretty certain we are leaving Iraq. The Iraqis want us out, we want out and we are getting out no matter how much American Conservatives want us to stay for a 100 years

Like? Ending the war? Providing healthcare? Improving education?

Methinks McCain promised the same thing. What differed is how they got there.

Windfall profit taxes? Redistribution of wealth?

The left and the right want most of the same things, it just differs how they get there.

lol..$h1tload of assumptions right there. I like the "he's cool, he's smart, and inspires confidence." part. wtf?

Except that Gates was appointed to replace Rumsfeld because the Bush Foreign Policy wasn't working. He was widly seen as a change element. And I'm pretty certain we are leaving Iraq. The Iraqis want us out, we want out and we are getting out no matter how much American Conservatives want us to stay for a 100 years

Conservatives don't want us there. Where do you come up with this crap? But I'd be surprised if we don't have a presence there for several more years. Probably out in time for the next re-election.

lol..$h1tload of assumptions right there. I like the "he's cool, he's smart, and inspires confidence." part. wtf?

"cool" as in "under fire" not "hip". He's too old for that.

He's not smart? Really?

He doesn't inspire confidence? Really?

"cool" as in "under fire" not "hip". He's too old for that. Under fire when?

He's not smart? Really? Really

He doesn't inspire confidence? Really? In who? You? Nothing, besides campaigning BS reflects that

"cool" as in "under fire" not "hip". He's too old for that.

He's not smart? Really?

He doesn't inspire confidence? Really?

I guess if you consider the hiring of a pack of Liars and Criminals to continue running the nations financial system into the ground for the benefit of those that have stolen Trillions of Tax dollars, confidence inspiring, well I'd have to agree. Very intelligent and absolute genius move for Change. Seems that Mr. Wonderful is doing exactly what he's being told, hmmm, wonder if they muddied him up a bit with the gobernor?? :lol: :lol: :lol: