Questions we must answer before seasons end...

Alphadawg7

We know what we have (or dont have) in most key areas. However at QB, TE, and WR we have some young players that may or may not be long term solutions and we need to use this last part of the season to find out.

1. The obvious - QB...if Trent is there man then we gotta get Trent back on the field asap and see if he can regain his poise if the FO still sees him as our QB to build on.

There is the outside chacne that the FO is losing faith in him and may want to see what JP can do, so if that is the case then they need to start him the rest of the season, for better or worse. Personally, even if JP did well I doubt he would want to stay here anyway after the way he was handled, so I say get Trent out there asap and see if he can rebound.

2. WR - Hardy has shown nothing to this point to give anyone any confidence he is the solution. Steve Johnson has shown some potential but needs more playing time to see what we really have in him. If we dont find out if one of these guys can step up and become a factor in our offense next year, then we are no better off going into the draft as we were last year at this position.

3. TE - Royal just isnt a starter in this league...we need to find out if Fine or Schouman can develop into a quality starter for us and they need to play ahead of Royal the rest of the year.

3. TE - Royal just isnt a starter in this league...we need to find out if Fine or Schouman can develop into a quality starter for us and they need to play ahead of Royal the rest of the year.

After the games against Cleveland and the Jets, I don't see why Derek Fine doesn't get more playing time. He certainly didn't do anything to render negativity, so that's a <_< .

I'm done with Royal. I thought he might be a decent cog in the machine this year, but he needs super glue for God's sake.

2. WR - Hardy has shown nothing to this point to give anyone any confidence he is the solution. Steve Johnson has shown some potential but needs more playing time to see what we really have in him. If we dont find out if one of these guys can step up and become a factor in our offense next year, then we are no better off going into the draft as we were last year at this position.

I have been disappointed that Hardy hasn't been given more chances. With a rookie WR, you need to design plays just for him-- even things as simple as a quick slant, or quick out. Just give him more chances to gain confidence. For instance, yesterday, JP had Hardy one-on-one on the fade in the endzone--instead he elects to go to Evans. Imagine what a TD for Hardy would have meant to his confidence.

Don't forget Center. After answering the QB question this is our biggest priority. We are 1-6 against the 3-4 defense with two more games to play. Every defense in our division plays this defense and we have lost every game of division play. Our center position is not good enough against good NTs. One of the first things Parcells did when he rebuilt the Jets was sign Kevin Mawae because nobody on the Jets could handle Ted Washington and stop our 3-4 defense. We need to take a page from the Parcells playbook and get someone capable of blocking Wilfork, Jenkins and Ferguson.

Johnson should get as many reps as possible. Take them away from Roscoe, nothing to be gained by playing him at WR. Hardy should continue to see the field.

Where is Fine? Play him, see what he can do. When he had chances he made plays. Same with Schouman (sp?). No reason to play Royal at this point.

Can Oman play? Jackson is a FA to be, no?

Ellis hit the IR, so no action for him. McCorner is doing well. Can Corner play? Can we keep Greer?

What is Scott's status for next year? I'm more comfortable with he and Whitner back there than I am Simpson, but that's probably just me. If you're going to keep Scott...play him.

Can Oman play? Jackson is a FA to be, no?

Forgot this one...good point...get the kid some reps and see what he can do because I would say the odds of Jackson being here next year are slim to none.

Just to be clear in response to other comments...my original post wasnt to call Hardy a bust, it was more to say he hasnt shown anything yet for us to sit back and say he is our guy for the future. He is stuggling in practice and on the field. So, I am saying he and Johnson need more game time to show us what we got in them...