The aftermath and my 2 cents...

Alphadawg7

Just my 2 cents and observations...based on first 3 quarters as I was on a plane for the fourth...

1. JP just cant catch a break...I watched him put the ball right on the money on 3rd down 3 times in the first half just to have Lynch, Royal, and Hardy blow it and drop the ball and kill those drives. JP started 3-10 but there were 4 dropped passes. Then there was the deep ball to Evans where Evans was held, so it looked like an overthrown ball but I think Evans gets there if he isnt held.

To me, he showed some potential and some flaws...the play where Peters blew his block was a big time play by JP. Then he tries too hard to make a play other times and takes sacks he shouldnt take (although Trent has been doing this too lately). Overall, I really do think this kid will make a good QB in this league somewhere he is allowed to settle into a system and get the support around him.

2. The O-line just isnt worth the money we are paying!

3. Turk is an awful OC! 1st and goal from inside the 5 we throw a fade jump ball to a wr UNDER 6' tall in the back of the endzone? Are you serious...terrible call from that spot on 1st down. There were plenty of others too, but I will just leave it at that...

4. DJ needs to go...this team just doesnt seem to have any heart or faith anymore.

5. Royal needs to be demoted and Fine and Schouman need a chance to earn the starting spot.

6. Steve Johnson needs a shot at the #3 WR spot, permanently. Hardy just isnt cutting it and Roscoe just cant get open often enough. Roscoe can be electric and a playmaker once he gets the ball, but he doesnt get open enough to be a on the field all the time. Bring in him with spread formations, but otherwise, get Steve Johnson some more time.

7. Reed is an underrated player who is clutch. He reminds me of Wes Welker, we just dont utilize him the way NE utilizes Wes...what a shame

8. This team has no swagger or identity.

i'm as big a jp losman fan as anyone, but he just doesn't get it. will he ever? after 5 years, it's probably not going to happen.

his accuracy is too erratic for him to be a starting (NFL even?) quarterback.

i'm as big a jp losman fan as anyone, but he just doesn't get it. will he ever? after 5 years, it's probably not going to happen.

his accuracy is too erratic for him to be a starting (NFL even?) quarterback.

I see potential in him personally, I just dont think he can win here in Buffalo. I think given a full year or two in a stable system, with good coaching and not having to look over his shoulder he could develop. Brees was terrible his first 2 years as a starter before developing too. JP has never had 2 full years to start, has constant changing offensive schemes, and didnt have much talent around him for most of his career.

He definitely has some flaws, but I think some of these flaws can be corrected just being in a better situation...

I see potential in him personally, I just dont think he can win here in Buffalo. I think given a full year or two in a stable system, with good coaching and not having to look over his shoulder he could develop. Brees was terrible his first 2 years as a starter before developing too. JP has never had 2 full years to start, has constant changing offensive schemes, and didnt have much talent around him for most of his career.

He definitely has some flaws, but I think some of these flaws can be corrected just being in a better situation...

A better situation is semi-pro football, because in 3 more weeks (+ a preseason in someone's camp) his NFL career is over.

6. Steve Johnson needs a shot at the #3 WR spot, permanently. Hardy just isnt cutting it and Roscoe just cant get open often enough. Roscoe can be electric and a playmaker once he gets the ball, but he doesnt get open enough to be a on the field all the time. Bring in him with spread formations, but otherwise, get Steve Johnson some more time.

That's what we're told, but frankly I never see it happening. When he catches a pass, he sorta runs around like a chicken with its head cut off for a few seconds and then gets gang tackled, without gaining any YAC. It's so frustrating to watch him juke around for the home run play and gain nothing instead of diving forward a couple yards and getting more first downs. To me, he is simply a below average receiver, plain and simple. I'm just hoping we trade him and milk a 3rd rounder out of somebody.

Just my 2 cents and observations...based on first 3 quarters as I was on a plane for the fourth...

1. JP just cant catch a break...I watched him put the ball right on the money on 3rd down 3 times in the first half just to have Lynch, Royal, and Hardy blow it and drop the ball and kill those drives. JP started 3-10 but there were 4 dropped passes. Then there was the deep ball to Evans where Evans was held, so it looked like an overthrown ball but I think Evans gets there if he isnt held.

Wow, do you have access to a PVR? I do, even though it's painful, you can count at least 5 plays (where the camera gives you the ability) where JP totally misses a wide open receiver, or waits too long and misses him. Two in particular were two deep throws, one being the one you mentioned to Evans. There is a receiver (I'll double check but I think it's Reed) WIDE open 10-15 yards directly in the middle of the field coming across. I'm sorry but JP was (dare I say) even worse than any game Edwards has played this year. Yes, there were some dropped balls, but this guy is so inconsistent and unpredictable there will never be a team that will get any rhythm with him at QB. I honestly feel he's not even good enough to be a backup in this league.

To me, he showed some potential and some flaws...the play where Peters blew his block was a big time play by JP. Then he tries too hard to make a play other times and takes sacks he shouldnt take (although Trent has been doing this too lately). Overall, I really do think this kid will make a good QB in this league somewhere he is allowed to settle into a system and get the support around him.

3. Turk is an awful OC! 1st and goal from inside the 5 we throw a fade jump ball to a wr UNDER 6' tall in the back of the endzone? Are you serious...terrible call from that spot on 1st down. There were plenty of others too, but I will just leave it at that...

4. DJ needs to go...this team just doesnt seem to have any heart or faith anymore.

5. Royal needs to be demoted and Fine and Schouman need a chance to earn the starting spot.

7. Reed is an underrated player who is clutch. He reminds me of Wes Welker, we just dont utilize him the way NE utilizes Wes...what a shame

Just my 2 cents and observations...

1. JP just cant catch a break...

3. Turk is an awful OC!

4. DJ needs to go...

5. Royal needs to be demoted

6. Give Steve Johnson some more time.

7. Reed is an underrated player who is clutch.

Most of your observations are pretty good. I have a couple of additions or changes:

1. Lost-man sucks, and won't ever be a starter in the NFL.

5. Derek Fine needs to start and play the last 3 games.

8. Excellent sentence, no swagger or identity hits the nail right on the head. In fact, some of them should never play another down in the NFL.

Wow, do you have access to a PVR? I do, even though it's painful, you can count at least 5 plays (where the camera gives you the ability) where JP totally misses a wide open receiver, or waits too long and misses him. Two in particular were two deep throws, one being the one you mentioned to Evans. There is a receiver (I'll double check but I think it's Reed) WIDE open 10-15 yards directly in the middle of the field coming across. I'm sorry but JP was (dare I say) even worse than any game Edwards has played this year. Yes, there were some dropped balls, but this guy is so inconsistent and unpredictable there will never be a team that will get any rhythm with him at QB. I honestly feel he's not even good enough to be a backup in this league.

Not claiming to be right, I just think with the time to gel with an offensive unit and timing he could be a good QB. Remember, he has barely had any reps with the first unit, hasnt had much playing time, and is playing in a frustrating system. So yes, he missed some guys and made some mistakes, but he also made some nice throws that were big key throws to extend drives that were dropped by our guys, a big time play on that blown block by peters for a first down, a big play on the fourth down he converted (horrible call to play action in my opinnion by coaching staff, but he made it work), etc.

He has flaws, but he has also has raw ability, and I think with the right system and coaching those flaws can mostly be corrected and his ability better developed.

Hey, I have been wrong plenty of times, so who knows, but we will see next year.

Not claiming to be right, I just think with the time to gel with an offensive unit and timing he could be a good QB. Remember, he has barely had any reps with the first unit, hasnt had much playing time, and is playing in a frustrating system. So yes, he missed some guys and made some mistakes, but he also made some nice throws that were big key throws to extend drives that were dropped by our guys, a big time play on that blown block by peters for a first down, a big play on the fourth down he converted (horrible call to play action in my opinnion by coaching staff, but he made it work), etc.

He has flaws, but he has also has raw ability, and I think with the right system and coaching those flaws can mostly be corrected and his ability better developed.

Hey, I have been wrong plenty of times, so who knows, but we will see next year.

You can't coach a frog into a prince. The NFL isn't a fairy tale.

Agreed, I'm wondering if anyone will even give him a backup job, anyone that has watched him play will know he's not worth the effort.

I knew the game was over when he went for that bomb on 3rd and 3 on the first possession. It looked like he had at least two guys running open underneath. Sure he had Roscoe on one on one coverage but that's not the right play...get the first down in that situation. That was just a microcosm of what is wrong with J.P. as a QB. He can't make the decisions. Period. He never has and he never will.

Let it go, He sucks. You'll see this time next year he'll be lucky to be in league. (And I was a huge Losman supporter)

We agree there

That was your boy JP's fault he audibled out of the play

Agree again

More like released

I agree again

Best player on our offense this year. So he'll probably be cut.

Agree again

Rob Johnson had tons of potential.

There were a lot of drops and ML not running a route past the first down marker sums up the IQ of this team, but at least he caught that one. That being said, JP is an awful QB. All the physical talent in the world, but that's just not enough to make it in this league.

Agreed. Did Peters get benched or was he "injured" for a couple series? They are not bad on pass protection, but the run blocking is brutal. They need a serious upgrade at Center as well.

JP has an option to run on that play or throw a fade if Evans has seperation. Evans had no seperation, JP held onto the ball too long, and it was a horrible pass. But I do agree, poor call.

He needs to go, but only if the Bills bring in a quality coach. And if Ralph won't pay, what will they get? This is not an instance where anything is better. As much as I don't like DJ, he is still and upgrade from MM and GW.

Royal is useless, nothing more to add...

I like Steve Johnson, but he's another small receiver. I believe he's playing better than Hardy because he comes from a college program that ran a pro-style offense. Indiana ran a very vanilla offense and I don't think Hardy is grasping the pro-style yet. I haven't given up on Hardy yet, but he's been useless as well. Why not run a fade to the tall receiver?

I like Reed. He's corrected his drop issue's over the past couple years and has been solid. The Bills have absolutely no pass game when he is out of the line up.

They have taken the identity of the coach, ho-hum, no emotion & boring...

hahahahaha...good point...again, not saying I am right on his potential, but I think his flaws can be corrected with better coaching and a better situation...we will see though.

He is the worst qb I have ever seen. He is not a starter, he is not a backup & he is not a practice squad player. He should not be in the league. I think he is that bad.