Canadian Bills Fan

WorkBDawg

As a diehard Bills fan born and raised in Toronto, I am just as mad/confused/upset as all of you that the Miami game was put up here in Toronto. Now for all the Canadian bashing going on here - I dont understand that either. Those of us that make up 20% of the gameday crowd at the Ralph live and die with the Bills and LOVE that drive to Orchard Park on gameday and wouldn't trade it for the world. The fact is this is hockey country 1st - Raptors have come 2nd and beleive me the ACC is probably one of the best atmophere's in the NBA on gameday. Now for all of you saying it was quiet in there, pro-Miami you are right it was. This is because people like me are a minority here. But at the same time this 20% you dont want to alienate - dont bite the hand that feeds you so to speak. Some of us have season tickets, others drive down on gameday - the fact is we make up 1/5th of the fan base on gameday at the Ralph - this should not be disrespected or dismissed. If i am duped by this and it is a ploy to move the team North I will be just as upset as any of you and I would not support THAT team. There is something special about being a Bills fan - that is why i will stay loyal no matter what - but I do know whats special about it, its the character of the place, the bigtown with the smalltown feel for football, the undying loyalty of the fans, and mainly the PRIDE that the team means to the community and thats where this was botched by the NFL and the Bills. You dont give away homefield this late in the year, you dont give away the Miami game - Thats like the leafs and Canadians game being played in Buffalo and that would irk the hell out of me. I guess my point is where your pointing your anger. Dont point it at the Canadians - some of us love and support this team and follow it the same way as all of you - remember youre talking to someone who was paid 200$ for a preseason game and yesterday's game and I only hope that money is going to make the Bills more viable in Western New York. As for next years game I have no problem writing a petition as a Canadian and getting one of you guys that will be at the Pats game on the final day of the year to go around and acquire signatures. Lets make sure this mistake does not happen again and make sure next year's game is played in September or October. The best way to do that is to work together and send the NFL a message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2oAxlZQqwk

This video shows what kind of PRIDE we have as a nation up here and some of things I've read on here are appaling as someone who has supported this team on the other side of the border for years. I feel your pain, I see your anger just make sure your dirrecting it at the right forces.

GO BILLS!

(Be there LOUD and PROUD on the last day of the year. The playoffs/season may be over but remember we can ruin it for the Pats still - all is not lost)

As a diehard Bills fan born and raised in Toronto, I am just as mad/confused/upset as all of you that the Miami game was put up here in Toronto. Now for all the Canadian bashing going on here - I dont understand that either. Those of us that make up 20% of the gameday crowd at the Ralph live and die with the Bills and LOVE that drive to Orchard Park on gameday and wouldn't trade it for the world. The fact is this is hockey country 1st - Raptors have come 2nd and beleive me the ACC is probably one of the best atmophere's in the NBA on gameday. Now for all of you saying it was quiet in there, pro-Miami you are right it was. This is because people like me are a minority here. But at the same time this 20% you dont want to alienate - dont bite the hand that feeds you so to speak. Some of us have season tickets, others drive down on gameday - the fact is we make up 1/5th of the fan base on gameday at the Ralph - this should not be disrespected or dismissed. If i am duped by this and it is a ploy to move the team North I will be just as upset as any of you and I would not support THAT team. There is something special about being a Bills fan - that is why i will stay loyal no matter what - but I do know whats special about it, its the character of the place, the bigtown with the smalltown feel for football, the undying loyalty of the fans, and mainly the PRIDE that the team means to the community and thats where this was botched by the NFL and the Bills. You dont give away homefield this late in the year, you dont give away the Miami game - Thats like the leafs and Canadians game being played in Buffalo and that would irk the hell out of me. I guess my point is where your pointing your anger. Dont point it at the Canadians - some of us love and support this team and follow it the same way as all of you - remember youre talking to someone who was paid 200$ for a preseason game and yesterday's game and I only hope that money is going to make the Bills more viable in Western New York. As for next years game I have no problem writing a petition as a Canadian and getting one of you guys that will be at the Pats game on the final day of the year to go around and acquire signatures. Lets make sure this mistake does not happen again and make sure next year's game is played in September or October. The best way to do that is to work together and send the NFL a message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2oAxlZQqwk

This video shows what kind of PRIDE we have as a nation up here and some of things I've read on here are appaling as someone who has supported this team on the other side of the border for years. I feel your pain, I see your anger just make sure your dirrecting it at the right forces.

GO BILLS!

(Be there LOUD and PROUD on the last day of the year. The playoffs/season may be over but remember we can ruin it for the Pats still - all is not lost)

Great post. The anti-Canada sentiment by a small minority here is ignorant when they paint all of us with one brush. I'm a Canadian Bills fan from Ottawa that spends over $2K a year going to Bills games. Heck, I'm STILL going with 5 of my friends to the Pats game on the 28th.....not sure why though.

Canadian Bills fans want the team to stay in Buffalo. We want no part of a Toronto Bills with their overpriced seats and sanitized tailgating. We pride ourselves on loving this horrendous team. We're as much masochists as you are!

Believe me when I say there are a lot of us U.S. born fans that appreciate your love for the Bills, and for me at least gives me a sense of pride that Buffalo has something you can enjoy besides the worlds best chicken wings and beef on Weck.

I would take some of the criticism with a grain of salt in some of these posts, as the WNY fans are very worried about the team moving soon, and aren't really mad at the fan base up north, but the idea that some fat wallet is going to scoop up the team and pull them from WNY.

We're all really pissed at Ralph right now. He could end the anxiety we all have and just sell the team to the Jim Kelly group. Instead he's going to keep the team till he's dead, so that when he finally sticks that last shaft up Buffalo's @ss, he won't be here when the angry mob comes for him.

Great post. The anti-Canada sentiment by a small minority here is ignorant when they paint all of us with one brush.

exactly...so who cares...there are idiots here and in Canada...especially that idiot IEATCRAYONZ......that guy is a friggin douche!

Great post. The anti-Canada sentiment by a small minority here is ignorant when they paint all of us with one brush. I'm a Canadian Bills fan from Ottawa that spends over $2K a year going to Bills games. Heck, I'm STILL going with 5 of my friends to the Pats game on the 28th.....not sure why though.

Canadian Bills fans want the team to stay in Buffalo. We want no part of a Toronto Bills with their overpriced seats and sanitized tailgating. We pride ourselves on loving this horrendous team. We're as much masochists as you are!

I love Canada & Canadians myself, but I told you there would be a NUMBER of Miami fans there & you told me I was CRAZY. Looks like I was right.

I love Canada & Canadians myself, but I told you there would be a NUMBER of Miami fans there & you told me I was CRAZY. Looks like I was right.

I remember that. Go dig up that thread. I'm in the mood to be entertained!

You're right. I underestimated the number of Bills fans in TO that would actually go to the game. Turns out the prices were enough of a deterrent to keep the fans away. That being said, I don't think there are more Miami fans in Toronto, it just so happened they came out in full force for a team on the rise, were Bills fans in Buffalo and Toronto decided it wasn't worth paying $250 a ticket to see a team that was free-falling. I can guarantee if the Bills were 10-3 heading into the game it would have been a much, much larger Bills crowd there.

I dont hate Canadians or blame them.... (just a select few WEALTHY ones).

This game was a failure and fell way short of what they were thinking would happen. They expected (and i thought it would happen too)... the tickets, no matter the price, to sell out immediately, tons of hype, people in Toronto would thirst for a franchise, the game hits, a sea of Canadians making tons of noise and waving towels during a great game proving that the Bills or some expansion team should come to Toronto.

The opposite of that happened.

The Canadians are more than welcome at Bills games or anywhere else as far as I am concerned. Makes the gameday better.

Well, I always thought that Toronto is the worse city for CFL football in the league. As an NFL fan from Canada i have allways wanted to see Toronto come out of the CFL, add a team in Quebec City/Ottawa/East Coast and the CFl will still be viable. It can live on without Toronto i beleive that. If people are that heartbroken to lose the Argos/CFL, well Hamilton is just a short drive to get your CFL fix. Toronto is a major league town, an NFL team up here is way late. My dream has allways been to have Toronto added to the NFL as the ARGOS. It would keep the tradition of the Argos alive, give us a sense of pride and history in the name and have an automatic connection to the team. Imagine the AFC east with Toronto AND Buffalo??....automatically there is one game one both teams home schedule where you would have a great rivalry and huge attraction to that game. The stuff about the CFl dying without Toronto is BS, take it to a poll i bet the NFL would be higher in the interests of the common person in Toronto and the "new Argos" would become Canada's team for NFL fans in Canada. Tapping into that market of an ENTIRE country is worth the NFL's interest to take note. By in large we paid the high prices yesterday, drop those prices and give us our OWN team and then judge if Toronto is a viable NFL market. I think it is and hope we get more of a fair shake.

It was about 25% Bills, 25% Dolphins and 50% Didn't give a crap.

It was the definition a neutral game.

The reason you heard the Dolphins fans more is because they had a lot more to cheer about.

The hardcore Bills fans up here, that go down to the games in Buffalo didn't want to spend the money for this and stayed home. The place was filled with casual fans that didn't care either way.

Toronto sports fans are bandwagoners. They are going to cheer for a winner (except when it comes to the Leafs). If this was a Toronto-based team, the crowd would be crazy for the NFL, but an underachieving Bills team versus their AFC East rivals wasn't a draw for the city.

The rivalry with Miami is largely dead outside of Buffalo as well. MNF used to feature this game every year and now it's nowhere to be found in primetime.

The Canadians are more than welcome at Bills games or anywhere else as far as I am concerned. Makes the gameday better.

Canadians definitely do make the atmosphere at the Ralph better. Thats why 64% of the people arrested at the niners game were canadians. Those guys know how to party and know how to get ready.

Canadians are good/crazy/passionate fans for the most part. But the people at the game yesterday were not the same ones that are usually at the ralph. They were much richer and less drunk.

Lets make sure this mistake does not happen again and make sure next year's game is played in September or October. The best way to do that is to work together and send the NFL a message.

GO BILLS!

<_<