State of Illinois boycotting Bank of America

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the severance package they've earned?

Usually.

C-level officers are kind-of like quarterbacks, in that the skill set to be a good one is rare, so people pay through the nose for crappy ones. And compensation is negotiated up-front...so even the crappy ones know to put "If I get dismissed for whatever reason, I get $12M cash and $12M stock" in their contracts. And the corporate boards will accept it, because 1) the next guy will ask for the same thing, and 2) the first guy knows he can go somewhere else and get it. It's a seller's market.

And there's nothing stopping you from doing the same at your job...except that it's a buyer's market. When the skills of a fry cook become specialized enough to be rare, McD's will offer you a guaranteed severance package. While they can pull anyone off the street to do it...good luck.

And there's nothing stopping you from doing the same at your job...except that it's a buyer's market. When the skills of a fry cook become specialized enough to be rare, McD's will offer you a guaranteed severance package. While they can pull anyone off the street to do it...good luck.

Wow, a "you work at McDonald's" insult, how creative! Did you see that on a re-run of Hee-Haw? I guess that passes as humor for a middle-aged guy with over 16,000 posts on a single message board. Talking Point Tom is really living up to his moniker tonight!

By the way I absolutely know what your response is going to be! Prove me right!

Wow, a "you work at McDonald's" insult, how creative! Did you see that on a re-run of Hee-Haw? I guess that passes as humor for a middle-aged guy with over 16,000 posts on a single message board. Talking Point Tom is really living up to his moniker tonight!

Well, I actually wasn't planning on responding...but in the interests of feeding your malnourished ego...I'm going to guess:

Link, please?

Well. I and several others have asked you what you do for a living and you've been silent, so we assume it's McD's. With the level of your screeds, that is the most logical conclusion.