Why? How?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone tell me why Obama said "it is going to get worse before it gets better"...whatever happened to hope....He is now on the cusp of being the leader of the free world and if he continues to makes comments like this, he will have a huge negative impact on the markets...

He's trying to cover his a$$. He's already working on his legacy, and or his re-election. He's not worried about world markets, and he's not saying anything that's not already been said. He is a smart politician. The truth is, this is not the worst economy since the Great Depression. It's the worst economy since the Jimmy Carter years, stagflation, higher than now unemployment, interest rates above 20 percent. Shame on the media....again.

He's trying to cover his a$$. He's already working on his legacy, and or his re-election. He's not worried about world markets, and he's not saying anything that's not already been said. He is a smart politician. The truth is, this is not the worst economy since the Great Depression. It's the worst economy since the Jimmy Carter years, stagflation, higher than now unemployment, interest rates above 20 percent. Shame on the media....again.

The shame of it is that he has to, because too many of his cultists think Change will be immediate.

This is not the first time he's made the statement. I understand we look to him for optimism but then again we'd think he was a moron if he kept up with the Mary Poppins stuff at a time when 1/2 millions jobs are lost in one month. That's somewhat akin to making statements about showering our soldiers with flowers, etc. Just pure dumb.

Obama has said that it's going to be tough going for awhile, but he has a plan and if we pull together as only America can, things will get better. That's the truth. Would you rather be treated like an adult, with the truth, or lied to? Anyone who thinks that they can kick back and let one man "fix" things is probably not in touch with reality,

Would you rather be treated like an adult, with the truth, or lied to? Anyone who thinks that they can kick back and let one man "fix" things is probably not in touch with reality,

Would we? Or would his cultists?

A good many people - on both sides of the aisle - vote for "their" guy precisely because they think they can kick back and let him fix things. And their "guys" get elected by sloganeering in preference for the truth. In short, a good swath of the electorate doesn't want to be treated like adults, and policiticns get elected by pandering to them.

Obama did this as well as anyone ever has. All the people who deify him are going to be surprised and disappointed his first eighteen months or so.

The shame of it is that he has to, because too many of his cultists think Change will be immediate.

Putting the trademark superscript after "change" is so original and clever. I mean I've only seen it 100 billion times!

Another day another hackneyed post by Talking Point Tom!

A good many people - on both sides of the aisle - vote for "their" guy precisely because they think they can kick back and let him fix things. And their "guys" get elected by sloganeering in preference for the truth. In short, a good swath of the electorate doesn't want to be treated like adults, and policiticns get elected by pandering to them.

Obama did this as well as anyone ever has. All the people who deify him are going to be surprised and disappointed his first eighteen months or so.

Perhaps it is because I know mostly conservatives, but I don't really know anyone, personally, that has unrealistic expectations of Obama, or ever considered him some sort of deity. I'm not suggesting there aren't some of those people around...I am well aware there are plenty of idiots on both sides of the political landscape...but, I think that the perception of a mass of hypnotized Obamatroids is a little off base. It may be, in part, because of the deep trouble that this country seems to be in, in so many different areas. The recent economic downturn might be the slap-in-the-face that some needed to have a tad of realism thrown into their expectations.

To the original poster, saying "it will be worse before it gets better" is not an abandonment of hope. "It will get better" is the hope part of the equation. You can think that Barack is setting low expectations, or that he is being honest. Perhaps it is a little of both.

Personally, I am encouraged by his demeanor and apparent humility. But, in the interest of full disclosure, I felt the same way about Dick Jauron.

Probably so. But I think most people are realists who understand we didn't get to this state overnight and we won't get out of it quickly either.

Perhaps it is because I know mostly conservatives, but I don't really know anyone, personally, that has unrealistic expectations of Obama, or ever considered him some sort of deity. I'm not suggesting there aren't some of those people around...I am well aware there are plenty of idiots on both sides of the political landscape...but, I think that the perception of a mass of hypnotized Obamatroids is a little off base. It may be, in part, because of the deep trouble that this country seems to be in, in so many different areas. The recent economic downturn might be the slap-in-the-face that some needed to have a tad of realism thrown into their expectations.

To the original poster, saying "it will be worse before it gets better" is not an abandonment of hope. "It will get better" is the hope part of the equation. You can think that Barack is setting low expectations, or that he is being honest. Perhaps it is a little of both.

Personally, I am encouraged by his demeanor and apparent humility. But, in the interest of full disclosure, I felt the same way about Dick Jauron.

Outstanding :lol: It is certainly day for that thought :D

Probably so. But I think most people are realists who understand we didn't get to this state overnight and we won't get out of it quickly either.

Dammit, where's my car and rent payments!!?

Putting the trademark superscript after "change" is so original and clever. I mean I've only seen it 100 billion times!

Another day another hackneyed post by Talking Point Tom!

Please remember in the future, when expressing yourself, to link to where you originally found your thought.

Thank you.

Please remember in the future, when expressing yourself, to link to where you originally found your thought.

Thank you.

Are you actually trying to deflect my assertion that you're a paraphrasing hack by paraphrasing my previous observations of you? What chutzpah! But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the weakness of your material immediately before the Monday 24 hour news cycle, should I?

Anyone tell me why Obama said "it is going to get worse before it gets better"...whatever happened to hope....He is now on the cusp of being the leader of the free world and if he continues to makes comments like this, he will have a huge negative impact on the markets...

He's being honest and is, in fact, correct. I respect honesty, rather than false hope optimism.

Are you actually trying to deflect my assertion that you're a paraphrasing hack by paraphrasing my previous observations of you? What chutzpah! But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the weakness of your material immediately before the Monday 24 hour news cycle, should I?

No, I'm mocking your complete inability to have an original thought.