Would you like to see Turner Gill coach the Bills?

55 members have voted

1. 1. If possible should the Bills hire Turner Gill?

• Yes
    • No

Ok. This IDEA, is far fetched and is PROBALLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. But I would like to get it off my chest.

With Dick Jauron likely going to be fired after this season, I was thinking. IF Turner Gill was the coach of the Buffalo Bills, could he turn that franchise around the same way he turned around the Buffalo Bulls.

AGAIN, THIS IS FAR FETCHED AND PROBALLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT, IF YOU WERE THE GM OF THE BUFFALO BILLS, AND TURNER GILL WAS AVAILABLE FOR HEAD COACH WOULD YOU HIRE HIM?

Interesting enough, I have been checking out some of the Auburn boards, and Gill is getting some llllloooovvvviiinnngg ....

Posted: Today 11:13 PM

My thoughts on Turner Gill.

First off I have been thinking he would make a great HC since the end of last year. He has all the tools and all the attributes I think Auburn needs. Here we go:

- His faith! Remind anyone of CTT? Maybe more so I think.

- Played for and coached for a legend and total class act- Tom Osborne.

- His coaching helped Neb win 3 MNC.

- One of his players won a Heisman- Eric Crouch.

- Helped players aclimate to the NFL with the Packers.

- Has helped make Buffalo better in just a few years.

- Don't worry about his defense, one of the most difficult tings to do is recruit defensive players. Ask CTT, that was his bread and butter. Same with Saban. Same with most good coaches.

Here is the problem and it is the only one I see:

- The damn people running the whole thing (not JJ or JG) are still living in Jim Crow times.

His hiring would be a huge win for progression, Auburn would gain immediate positive media attention, and I think recruiting would pick back up.

In the end I would be honored to have a guy like CTG at Auburn, even if his record was no better than CTT. He is a good man that deserves a shot at the "big time".

You Can't Have BCS without BS.

Posted: Today 10:35 PM

RE: TURNER GILL is now my NUMBER 1 choice!!

He's my #1 choice over everyone out there. It's the "it" factor. Gill just has "it". There's just something about the man that glows. I didn't think that we would be able to come anywhere close in matching the same kind of character that Tubs possesses with our choice for a new head man, but with Gill, he has that character that so many coaches out there lack.

If he is not offered the job, it would be an injustice and one that Auburn would regret for many more years to come.

An injustice! Auburn would regret for many years.

Question: How do you regret not having something when you never had it to begin with?

gill is the one person that i want as a coach... he has the class of tubberville (and then some). he has a championship pedigree and knows what it takes to foster a similar mentality in those around him. he played under a man of singular integrity in coach osbourne. this guy exemplifies what it means to be an Auburn Man. just imagine if he could get us in roads into some of the linemen that the Huskers get on a yearly basis. he is very highly thought of in that area, and many of the husker nation have respectful feelings towards our football program. this is the guy, in all seriousness, that i would go for. even if it means we have a few years of growing pains... this dude is going to win championships when he goes big time, so why not invest early.

Ok. This IDEA, is far fetched and is PROBALLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. But I would like to get it off my chest.

With Dick Jauron likely going to be fired after this season, I was thinking. IF Turner Gill was the coach of the Buffalo Bills, could he turn that franchise around the same way he turned around the Buffalo Bulls.

AGAIN, THIS IS FAR FETCHED AND PROBALLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT, IF YOU WERE THE GM OF THE BUFFALO BILLS, AND TURNER GILL WAS AVAILABLE FOR HEAD COACH WOULD YOU HIRE HIM?

Turner Gill would be a good hire. He was a very good quaterback at Arlington Heights High School in Fort Worth Texas. He was equally successfull at Nebraska during his time in Lincoln. He has had equal succces during his time in Buffalo. He would be a great mentor for J P and Trent.

I'll be honest. Turner Gill has balls. He coaches with a lot of confidence.

I have no idea if he calls the plays for offense, sometimes his play calling is questionable but I do enjoy is game time decisions. He knows when to go for it on 4th down, and when not to.

Supposedly Turner calls the plays.

I have no idea if he calls the plays for offense, sometimes his play calling is questionable but I do enjoy is game time decisions. He knows when to go for it on 4th down, and when not to.

You got that right. Turner Gill was 16-of-20 on fourth down conversions this season, or 80% success.

The Bills are 4-of-10 on fourth down conversions this season, or 40% success.

Absolutely! This guy is a real live authentic football coach. He appears to be someone who knows what makes players tick. THAT'S the key to being a good head coach. He also has a lot of heart and passion for the game. This is what's been lacking in Buffalo for a very long time. Jauron strikes me as a very fearful guy that makes football waaaaaay too complicated for my tastes. I'd be all for them bringing in a fearless guy like Gill to be the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. Bring the passion back baby!

Supposedly Turner calls the plays.

Gill is also the OC as well as the HC. He calls all the offensive plays.

PTR