Did anyone see the story on Planned Pernthood

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I was originally responding to; and you are honestly asking how somebody that has a child would have one of their own rather than someone elses?

Then I responded that if they cared about children they would. I don't see what the problem is.

Truly they would. 100% of the time. :P

Because no one is ever living close to paycheck to paycheck nor might they ever fear losing their job for a rather spurious reason. The fact that someone cares about babies doesn't necessarily translate into their having the resources to care for them. How would you propose that someone who has fallen on hard times and can't support their current family (regardless of structure) go out and adopt a child simply because they believe that abortion is morally reprehensible?

I'm not talking about those who can't afford one child. I was responding to your statement that they'd rather have one of their own. They shouldn't be having one of their own if they truly care about unwanted children. As I said when the orphanages are empty we can consider outlawing a woman's right to choose.

Do you think the current unwanted children are less important than a woman taking a morning after pill?

Here's what I was originally responding to; and you are honestly asking how somebody that has a child would have one of their own rather than someone elses?

Then I responded that if they cared about children they would. I don't see what the problem is.

I'm not talking about those who can't afford one child. I was responding to your statement that they'd rather have one of their own. They shouldn't be having one of their own if they truly care about unwanted children. As I said when the orphanages are empty we can consider outlawing a woman's right to choose.

Do you think the current unwanted children are less important than a woman taking a morning after pill?

Ah, so if a couple that wasn't planning on having a child end up finding one on the way and decide to keep it, they are disallowed from entering into the discussion on the legal status of abortion because they haven't adopted an additional child.

And the implication of your 2nd bolded sentence is that it is better to be dead than to be living in an orphanage.

Look, you said flat out to begin this discussion that the only people that should be allowed to express an opinion that differs from yours on this matter are those that have adopted a child. The relative merits of the morning after pill have very little to do with the 1st amendment rights of pro-lifers.

Ah, so if a couple that wasn't planning on having a child end up finding one on the way and decide to keep it, they are disallowed from entering into the discussion on the legal status of abortion because they haven't adopted an additional child.

And the implication of your 2nd bolded sentence is that it is better to be dead than to be living in an orphanage.

Look, you said flat out to begin this discussion that the only people that should be allowed to express an opinion that differs from yours on this matter are those that have adopted a child. The relative merits of the morning after pill have very little to do with the 1st amendment rights of pro-lifers.

They have the "right" to say anything and my saying they should STFU is my opinion not an attempt to illegalize their speech. I'm saying it's extremely misguided to care about a morning after pill that flushes out a couple of cells that they believe is a baby rather than care about the children that weren't aborted. They only want to stop abortion. They don't want to deal with the problems associated with the birth of unwanted children. That is a worse problem than flushing out a couple of cells. Hence my feeling that they should adopt before crying about cells they believe is a child.

Illegalizing abortion will lead to a lot of unwanted children and they don't give a crap about that consequence. That's the problem isn't it? What is your answer to getting orphans adopted and who should be the first in line to adopt them?

They have the "right" to say anything and my saying they should STFU is my opinion not an attempt to illegalize their speech. I'm saying it's extremely misguided to care about a morning after pill that flushes out a couple of cells that they believe is a baby rather than care about the children that weren't aborted. They only want to stop abortion. They don't want to deal with the problems associated with the birth of unwanted children. That is a worse problem than flushing out a couple of cells. Hence my feeling that they should adopt before crying about cells they believe is a child.

Illegalizing abortion will lead to a lot of unwanted children and they don't give a crap about that consequence. That's the problem isn't it? What is your answer to getting orphans adopted and who should be the first in line to adopt them?

OK, they have the right to say anything, they simply should have the good taste not to use that right. :)

Personally I believe that unless you have adopted children you're being a hypocrite if you're against termination of pregnancies.

Being against murder means we should adopt otherwise we are hypocrites. Ok genius. Why not say that unless you are willing to give your money and time to the poor you are a hypocrite if you believe in welfare. That's a better analogy of hypocrisy. No one is saying "adopt" as the answer, but be responsible about someone else's life. Don't kill, it's pretty simple. The waiting list for adopting new-borns is over a million. Do some homework Einstein.

But, under your blatant stupidity you think welfare is good so it's ok that others must, under compulsion of gunpoint and arrest, pay income taxes to those who don't work or face arrest and jail. Why not start with that hypocrisy campaign and I'll take your next one more seriously.

OK, they have the right to say anything, they simply should have the good taste not to use that right. :)

I'm merely saying it's a misplaced fight.

Being against murder means we should adopt otherwise we are hypocrites. Ok genius. Why not say that unless you are willing to give your money and time to the poor you are a hypocrite if you believe in welfare. That's a better analogy of hypocrisy. No one is saying "adopt" as the answer, but be responsible about someone else's life. Don't kill, it's pretty simple. The waiting list for adopting new-borns is over a million. Do some homework Einstein.

Murder is not flushing fewer cells than are in your fingernail from a woman's body.

Why do they have to be babies?

Hey Mensa. Do your homework.

Foreigners Vie to Adopt Black U.S. Babies

Whether From Lack of Knowledge, Stigmas or Racism, Americans Seem Hesitant to Adopt Across Racial Lines

OTTAWA, March 5, 2005

When Allison Darke goes out in public with her adoptive son, Ethan, people notice certain things.

"They notice he's a baby and cute," she said. "They think my husband is black."

Ethan was born to black parents in Chicago, but will spend most of his life growing up with Darke and her second husband, Earl Stroud, a white couple living in the Canadian capital.

The State Department says the number of Americans adopting babies from overseas has more than doubled in the last 10 years, with couples often citing a dearth of American babies.

But there are plenty of American babies who need homes -- African-American babies. And more and more of those children are finding homes abroad, especially in Canada, according to people who work in the U.S. adoption field.

"I just don't understand why American couples go to China and Romania and places like that," Stroud said, "when they have kids in their own back yards."

So what were you saying about waiting lists?

But, under your blatant stupidity you think welfare is good so it's ok that others must, under compulsion of gunpoint and arrest, pay income taxes to those who don't work or face arrest and jail. Why not start with that hypocrisy campaign and I'll take your next one more seriously.

Find a place where I said welfare is good? To save you time you won't find it.

Murder is not flushing fewer cells than are in your fingernail from a woman's body.

Why do they have to be babies?

Hey Mensa.

Hey Mensa,

1) Your fingernail has no cells. It is keratin, like your hair or a horse's hoof and is just protein.

2) It is a unique, alive human being.

In the past I have listed things that an organism must do to be living. This was out of the first chapter of my basic biology book from college. (Look it up if it wasn't erased by the last big crash- I don't want to go through it all again.)The fertilized egg meets each of these criteria. The fertilized egg has a unique set of genes, unlike any other person before or after it (except for identical twins, which are actually clones). Even identical twins have slight differences due to differential gene expression due to slightly different environments in utero.

Hey Mensa,

1) Your fingernail has no cells. It is keratin, like your hair or a horse's hoof and is just protein.

In the past I have listed things that an organism must do to be living. This was out of the first chapter of my basic biology book from college. (Look it up if it wasn't erased by the last big crash- I don't want to go through it all again.)The fertilized egg meets each of these criteria. The fertilized egg has a unique set of genes, unlike any other person before or after it (except for identical twins, which are actually clones). Even identical twins have slight differences due to differential gene expression due to slightly different environments in utero.

Link

Since then hooves of horses and the nails of humans are similar in terms of their biochemistry and cellular biology, we tested the application of such copper peptide creams to damaged human fingernails and toenails.

Linkage

White spots on the nails are very common and usually recur. These small, semi-circular spots result from injury to the base (matrix) of the nail, where nail cells are produced or imperfections when the nail is formed. As the nail grows these blemishes are pushed outward. Frequently the culprit of these spots is careless manicuring. These spots are not cause for concern and will eventually grow out.

Linkage

Fingernails grow from the matrix. The nails are composed largely of keratin, a hardened protein (that is also in skin and hair). As new cells grow in the matrix, the older cells are pushed out, compacted and take on the familiar flattened, hardened form of the fingernail.

Linkage

Neither one is complete. Like cells in someone's hair or fingernails,

:) What were you saying?

As far as the definition of a baby We have vastly different opinions. A few cells are not a baby. Not even close. Are a nut and bolt a car?

Hey Mensa,

"The fertilized egg has a unique set of genes, unlike any other person before or after it " Unforturity we cant tell which are going to be the dean....

Link

Since then hooves of horses and the nails of humans are similar in terms of their biochemistry and cellular biology, we tested the application of such copper peptide creams to damaged human fingernails and toenails.

Linkage

White spots on the nails are very common and usually recur. These small, semi-circular spots result from injury to the base (matrix) of the nail, where nail cells are produced or imperfections when the nail is formed. As the nail grows these blemishes are pushed outward. Frequently the culprit of these spots is careless manicuring. These spots are not cause for concern and will eventually grow out.

Linkage

Fingernails grow from the matrix. The nails are composed largely of keratin, a hardened protein (that is also in skin and hair). As new cells grow in the matrix, the older cells are pushed out, compacted and take on the familiar flattened, hardened form of the fingernail.

Linkage

Neither one is complete. Like cells in someone's hair or fingernails,

:) What were you saying?

As far as the definition of a baby We have vastly different opinions. A few cells are not a baby. Not even close. Are a nut and bolt a car?

The nail cuticle and hair follicle are alive.The nail and hair itself are dead. The cells that go into the matrix are dead. Hair has no cells. the follicle does. That is why you need the follicle for a DNA test, not just a discarded hair.

The shampoos and conditioners that give hair "body" do nothing but coat the keratin with chemicals that make it thicker.

"The fertilized egg has a unique set of genes, unlike any other person before or after it " Unforturity we cant tell which are going to be the dean....

:huh:

Yeah, like Deano's fully developed. :)

:nana:

Very good, gentlemen.

Hey Mensa,

The nail cuticle and hair follicle are alive.The nail and hair itself are dead. The cells that go into the matrix are dead. Hair has no cells. the follicle does. That is why you need the follicle for a DNA test, not just a discarded hair.

The shampoos and conditioners that give hair "body" do nothing but coat the keratin with chemicals that make it thicker.

So it's changed from NO CELLS to NO LIVE CELLS. Ok. :rolleyes: