BF in Indiana

stevestojan

lol.....their ERA was ranked in the top two in the MLB across a 162 game season.

If you want to say their pitching has been terrible in this series then go ahead. But for me to say "Boston's defense is terrible" based on three games would be stupid.

BF..if you are reading this stuff don't pay any mind......it's the same old same old...people want the Cards are a joke but yet somehow they fought their ass off to get to the WS. They are the second best team in baseball in my mind for 2004. Is that going to give any pride right now? No.  But, did you expect to be watching the Cards in the WS when spring training began? If the answer in "no" then consider yourself fortunate.

On the other hand...Boston was SUPPOSE to get to this point. They are SUPPOSE to be winning these games. They damn near choked away a series to the Yanks....they are on fire right now. Not much you can do about that.

87917[/snapback]

Just my opinion...if the Yanks didn't blow the series to the Red Sox, New York would be in the same spot Boston is in right now-- up 3-0 and going for the sweep tonight.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.....their ERA was ranked in the top two in the MLB across a 162 game season.

If you want to say their pitching has been terrible in this series then go ahead. But for me to say "Boston's defense is terrible" based on three games would be stupid.

BF..if you are reading this stuff don't pay any mind......it's the same old same old...people want the Cards are a joke but yet somehow they fought their ass off to get to the WS. They are the second best team in baseball in my mind for 2004. Is that going to give any pride right now? No.  But, did you expect to be watching the Cards in the WS when spring training began? If the answer in "no" then consider yourself fortunate.

On the other hand...Boston was SUPPOSE to get to this point. They are SUPPOSE to be winning these games. They damn near choked away a series to the Yanks....they are on fire right now. Not much you can do about that.

87917[/snapback]

I totally agree!

The Cardinals are choking to a much lesser extent, but choking nonetheless. The haven't played this poorly all season and their base running blunders in the first 3 innings are a microcosm of what is going on. Amazing.

----------------------

The Cardinals got swept in a three game series against Houston in September....letting Houston in.

I disagree....they have had these bumps in the road.

Do I think they are going to come back. No.

Choking???? No. Boston pitchers are making their pitches. And considering we are talking about Curt Schilling and Pedro Martinez they SHOULD be making their pitches.

The Cards aren't as financially blessed as the BoSox....this is the first year in 4 that the Cards are actually showing a profit, even though the sell have one of the largeest fan base in the game.

So far in this postseason I've heard that the.......

Cards have choked

Astros have choked

Yankees have choked

Braves have choked

but yet all along Boston has been the favorite.....how does that happen???

I mean don't you have to be favored to choke?

The only real "choke job" I saw was the Yanks this year......

87897[/snapback]

No one, and I mean no one, choked the way the Angels did this year. Were we even *in* the playoffs this year? Hell, Fox did their bracket graphic last week during the LCS and I couldn't believe I saw the 'A' logo in there.

Underdogs can choke too. If the Angels had played the way they are capable, maybe they win against Boston and maybe they don't. But they wouldn't have been swept out like a bunch of bitches. But then again, Mike Scioscia is a fraud and we built a team that refuses to take walks (last in the AL) so it's tough to win under those circumstances.

Maybe we'll accidentally win a World Series again someday.

You want to know what everyone?

Yes I'm still on cloud 9. You want to know why? This team surpassed every one of my expectations. Unlike the Buffalo Bills of the last few years, they showed heart on the field. When the chips were down at different points in the season they came out and prevailed in tough situations.

They gave me memories that will last a lifetime as a sports fan. Jim Edmonds home run in Game 6 against Houston was just an extension of what this team has been about all year. They never quit, and they never gave in. I've never been so excited in my life as when Womack scooped up the grounder and tossed it to Pujols to send us to the World Series.

And best of all, I got to enjoy it with my dad. That is something that you people can never trash no matter how hard you want to try.

Thanks and have a good day.

BTW, the only reason to pick against Boston this year was because they're Boston and something always goes wrong. If that set of players was wearing any different uniform, they'd have been heavily favored all year long right up until now.

Yes I'm still on cloud 9.  You want to know why?  This team surpassed every one of my expectations.  Unlike the Buffalo Bills of the last few years, they showed heart on the field.  When the chips were down at different points in the season they came out and prevailed in tough situations.

They gave me memories that will last a lifetime as a sports fan.  Jim Edmonds home run in Game 6 against Houston was just an extension of what this team has been about all year.  They never quit, and they never gave in.  I've never been so excited in my life as when Womack scooped up the grounder and tossed it to Pujols to send us to the World Series.

And best of all, I got to enjoy it with my dad.  That is something that you people can never trash no matter how hard you want to try.

87933[/snapback]

BF is being too nice...

Someone must have told him he is #1 on the depth chart.

Yes I'm still on cloud 9.  You want to know why?  This team surpassed every one of my expectations.  Unlike the Buffalo Bills of the last few years, they showed heart on the field.  When the chips were down at different points in the season they came out and prevailed in tough situations.

They gave me memories that will last a lifetime as a sports fan.  Jim Edmonds home run in Game 6 against Houston was just an extension of what this team has been about all year.  They never quit, and they never gave in.  I've never been so excited in my life as when Womack scooped up the grounder and tossed it to Pujols to send us to the World Series.

And best of all, I got to enjoy it with my dad.  That is something that you people can never trash no matter how hard you want to try.

87933[/snapback]

Good answer, BF. I'm being serious.

While things don't look so good for the Cards, don't give up just yet. Take it from a Yankees fan...it's not over. While it's close to being over, the hardest win for the Cards will be tonight. If they can get that win, each one afterwards gets a little easier. Just like the Red Sox vs. New York in the ALCS, only perhaps even moreso because of Boston's history.

The Cardinals are choking to a much lesser extent, but choking nonetheless. The haven't played this poorly all season and their base running blunders in the first 3 innings are a microcosm of what is going on. Amazing.

----------------------

The Cardinals got swept in a three game series against Houston in September....letting Houston in.

I disagree....they have had these bumps in the road.

Do I think they are going to come back. No.

Choking???? No. Boston pitchers are making their pitches. And considering we are talking about Curt Schilling and Pedro Martinez they SHOULD be making their pitches.

The Cards aren't as financially blessed as the BoSox....this is the first year in 4 that the Cards are actually showing a profit, even though the sell have one of the largeest fan base in the game.

87929[/snapback]

Every team has bumps in the road over a 162 game season. Boston played almost 2 months of .500 ball this season and didn't win their division because of it.

This Cardinals lineup has lit up the best pitchers in the NL all season long and your argument on their payroll is hollow as hell. There are All Stars all through their everyday players and with the exception of Larry Walker, they AREN'T PERFORMING. Not even close to the level they were playing at just a few days ago.

The base running play by Suppan was epic. One could easily expect an AL pitcher who doesn't see the bases during the season to be so stupid, but not a guy who plays on a team that is so known for small ball. The Cardinals cost themselved 3 runs in the first 3 innings yesterday, which also happened to be the margin they lost by. If that ain't choking in a must win game, I don't know what is.

The Angels choked????

They barely got in!!!!

Christ if Oakland hadn't flamed out you wouldn't even of been there.

Your team showed balls considering they had SO many injuries early in the year...but yet they choked????

Unbelievable.

As you all know, or most of you know, I'm a Braves fan. When I went to Spring Training this year I saw potential...but honestly I thought the Phillies were going to take the division. Too many question marks. Then the Braves started out 32-38 in their first 70 games...a ton of injuries.

I kept hoping they would get it turned around.....and they did. They went 42-15 at one point during the season. 42-15. I had two months of wonderful...JUST WONDERFUL...baseball. And they took the division again. I've got memories from this year that are just as good as 91, 92, 95 and 99.

My team wasn't suppose to be there. But, they held out, made it and took it to 5 games against a much stronger team on paper.

I'm proud to be a Braves fan. I'm proud of what they did this year. And while their are teams that have more than we do on paper...the Braves played with heart all year long.

Something I haven't seen from the Bills in at least 6 years.

And if you see it in your team you should be proud. Because from what I've seen the Angels, Cards, Astros, Braves, Dodgers and Twins all have heart. No, they didn't win it....but they made it. And in baseball that's a huge accomplishment.

????????? Boston was not the favorite through out the playoffs?? wildcard team? THey may of entered the playoffs on a warm streak but no way they were supposed to be in the WS. World Series isn't over!!

The Sox are not taking the Cards lightly at all. But I must say PEdro said it all last night " We take one game at a time 7 don't overlook any team, Gary Shitfiels comments woke this team" Thanks Gary

87917[/snapback]

Same with Sox fans! This SOX run makes people think about loved ones.my dad was a huge SOX fan. he passed away. BF you will never forget that moment!

2004 SOX = Great Team! Even Yank fans can not deny!

87933[/snapback]

The Angels choked????

They barely got in!!!!

87952[/snapback]

They had the best talent in the AL West *by far*. Starting in early May, they had a losing record for a 10 week span. It shouldn't have even been close.

But if you take into account Bartolo Colon coming into the season 20lbs overweight, Jose Guillen being insane, Mike Scioscia's inability to call a ballgame, and our hitting instructor, Mickey Hatcher, instructing the players to try to hit like Vlad (i.e. swing at stuff 6 inches off the plate that only Vlad could ever hit and drive) so that we finish LAST in the AL in walks, then it's going to be tougher.

They underachieved. All year.

Christ if Oakland hadn't flamed out you wouldn't even of been there.

Exactly.

Your team showed balls considering they had SO many injuries early in the year...but yet they choked????

Even with the injuries, we had the best talent in the division and definitely the best depth. Chone Figgins and Robb Quinlin stepped in and had stellar years. We had the talent we just lacked the brains and, for long stretches, the heart.

And we do lack brains. We'll prove that when we let Troy Glaus leave so we can overpay Pedro.

rumor was if you bet the Sox to win the series after the yanks were up 3-0...150-1 odds...damn I need that sports guide from back to the future....damn you Biff Tannan

88030[/snapback]

150:1 to win 4 of 4 and then 4 of 7? I would have wanted better odds! :(