If JP beats Dolphins this week, does he keep the job until he loses?

Chuckknox

If JP starts, mark my words, there is no way in hell, knock on wood hell, that the Bills beat the Dolphins. Totally 100% absolutely 100% percent impossible (PERIOD)

Posts like this are so absurd and have no football merit what so ever. You say this as if JP has never won a game in the NFL or is in capable of winning a game, when in fact he won a decent amount of games with less talent than the Bills have now and has beat teams that have more talent than this Dolphin team.

You should try posting a post that has some kind of actual merit that some lame post directed at just saying you dont support JP, who last I checked, was a member of this team and the guy has been totally professional going about his situation of losing the starting gig to TE.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think if Jauron actually runs Marshawn for 25 carries like he keeps saying he will, JP stands to at least service a decent game. In that event, we have a good chance at winning I think. I don't see how that affects the fact that Trent is the starter, and JP is leaving after this season.

I can't believe we are still discussing JP being the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills. It is over for JP and once Trent is healthy enough he becomes the starting quarterback of this team again. We have already been down the path of destroying an young qb's potential lets not do it again.

JP is gone next year and there is no way he is going to be dumb enough to stick around. If Trent is healthy he should play to gain experience that will serve him going into next year. We don't need another Holcomb situation where the coach is trying to save his job by getting another few wins under his belt. Look at the Giants which stuck with Eli when he was going through his ups and downs they could have easily put in Kurt Warner while they waited for Eli to develop. Even just last year before the Giants won the Superbowl people were questioning Eli's skills and whether he had it in him to be a winning QB in this league.

Oh these poor NFL quarterbacks, they are soooooo hard done by. These are grown :P men, why do we have to treat them with "kid gloves" on? Play the game, produce or get out. Everybody has to have some excuse. Maybe we could play the games without keeping score so nobody loses and feelings are not hurt.

Oh, I had no idea that grown men should be able to play football as soon as they're drafted and need no mentoring whatsoever. My bad.

So based on this, we should get rid of McKelvin because he bites on fakes all the time. And don't even get me started on Hardy, who clearly should also get cut given how many balls he's dropped.

Produce or get out.

Got it.

Oh, I had no idea that grown men should be able to play football as soon as they're drafted and need no mentoring whatsoever. My bad.

So based on this, we should get rid of McKelvin because he bites on fakes all the time. And don't even get me started on Hardy, who clearly should also get cut given how many balls he's dropped.

Produce or get out.

Got it.

I said nothing about them having to produce as soon as they are drafted. I understand that players need time to develop, but making excuses for players because they suck is stupid. Sometimes players suck because....they suck, do we really need to blame others for their problems. It's funny how the good players are "handled properly".

Produce or get out.

Got it.

I agree...the players on the field need to be the ones that played their way onto the field. Hardy does not deserve playing time over Steve Johnson. Personally, I am unimpressed with Roscoe as a WR too. Sure, if you get him the ball in an open space he is dangerous, but he cant get open often enough and is more of a situational player or special play designed for him player. I would like to see a WR corp of this...move Roscoe down and bring him in for plays designed for his unique talents only, give Johnson his #3 spot, put Hardy at #4. Who cares who was drafted where, been here longer, etc. Put the guys on the field that earned that spot and I think Johnson is showing he can be a factor given more playing time. Might even play his way into the #2 spot going into next year.

1. Evans

2. Reed

3. Johnson

4. Hardy

5. Roscoe

I said nothing about them having to produce as soon as they are drafted. I understand that players need time to develop, but making excuses for players because they suck is stupid. Sometimes players suck because....they suck, do we really need to blame others for their problems. It's funny how the good players are "handled properly".

Please list the good QBs in this league that have been yo-yo'ed in and out of the lineup and benched on a whim by their coaches.

If you understand that players need time to develop, then you must also agree that they must also be developed correctly. Just because a recipe for scrambled eggs calls for the eggs to be beaten doesn't mean you beat them with a bat.

Look. I get it. You're one in a long line of people who are completely convinced that Losman sucks and there is no way on this Earth that he will ever become a good quarterback. I don't have either the ability or ego to think so definitively about something like that, but even if you're right, the question still becomes, could he have been more successful if he wasn't beaten with a bat?

Neither of us will ever know the answer to that question, though you seem to think you do.

He was yanked in what, his 3rd or 4th start? Please list the good QBs that have not hit any rough patches early on in their career.

All QB's have rough patches. Is a rough patch a few games, half a season, or is it years? If it's years, the guy sucks. If you don't suck you don't get yanked.

All QB's have rough patches. Is a rough patch a few games, half a season, or is it years? If it's years, the guy sucks. If you don't suck you don't get yanked.

So you trust the bunch of clowns that have been the head coaches here, to make that decision? :P

And Losman had been playing for "years" when in 2005 (his second season), he was benched in favor of holcomb after his 4th career start? Or how about when he was benched again after the team lost to NE in week 13, just so meathead could try to save his job?

So you're saying Losman deserved to be benched because he "sucked" and you knew he was always going to suck after 4 starts?

And Losman had been playing for "years" when in 2005 (his second season), he was benched in favor of holcomb after his 4th career start? Or how about when he was benched again after the team lost to NE in week 13, just so meathead could try to save his job?

So you're saying Losman deserved to be benched because he "sucked" and you knew he was always going to suck after 4 starts?

I just don't believe that pulling a guy from a game changes his abilities in the future. If the guy doesn't have the smarts to play the QB position, then it doesn't matter what you do with him, the results are the same.

I just don't believe that pulling a guy from a game changes his abilities in the future. If the guy doesn't have the smarts to play the QB position, then it doesn't matter what you do with him, the results are the same.

And you can determine this after 4 games?

With Losman, the entire problem wasn't that he got pulled. Pulling a young QB can sometimes help when you pull them for a half if they are playing bad. The problem was that Losman never had the team and coaches behind him except in 2006 (and wouldn't you know, it was his best season). In '05 and '07, the coaches were consistently making him look over his shoulder. We'd know a lot more about Losman right now if dickie had given him all of 2007 to show us what he did or didn't have.

I can tell you one thing. No matter how good or bad any employee might turn out to be, the absolute worst possible way to manage them is to constantly look over their shoulder and make them feel like they are going to be removed/fired/pulled if they make a single mistake.

How can you handle a guy who has no potential? You really want the coaches to be restrained by a players draft position? Play him because we drafted him high and thus he will be good? I mean, there is only so much you can do for him. The guy couldn't read defenses. His only play was a deep ball and any good team can cut off that threat when they aren't being kept honest with short passes, screen passes, or play action. I understand we didn't have a dominant running game at the time, but it doesn't make up for the fact that JP is not good!

How do you handle someone who turns the ball over 3 times a game? Especially when the turnovers come in crucial situations, either ending a long drive, or turning the ball over immediately after gaining momentum, or turning the ball over right after the other team scores. I mean, the way you handle that situation, is by bringing in ANOTHER QB. Trent has showed strong flashes of success, JP has showed very little in my opinion. The coaching has never been good and so has the personnel. But, let there be no doubt about it, he is Rob Johnson with a little more arm and a little less brain.

The difference between a Trent turnover & a JP turnover is a JP turnover happens downfield so it is like a punt, a Trent turnover happens at the line of scrimmage, much more costly. Trent is Rob Johnson with much less arm.

This is just a stupid question. Edwards was being discussed as an MVP 6 games into the season. He got his head taken off, had a concussion and lost a lot of confidence. Clearly, he is not looking good at this point and needs to improve.

That being said, JP Losman is terrible. All of you who think otherwise are wrong. He is not a starting QB and I would argue he is a pretty poor back up QB. You can say he wasn't prepared or maybe he was a bit rusty or whatever, but if you look at how he played against the Cardinals and against the niners, you CANNOT tell me he looks like he has the fundamental QB skills that will help him grow into a good QB. Some of these traits that good QB's have cannot be taught. You can't teach someone to make quick decisions, you can't teach someone how to "feel" pressure, you can't teach someone to be SMART. You either are good at certain things or you are not. JP is not good enough to be a starting NFL QB for a mediocre team. Maybe he can work with the Lions, but that is about it.

So even if we beat the Dolphins, I don't think for a second he should be considered to finish the season. It would do NO good for the Bills. It would hurt Trent's growth and confidence.

By the way, why do Bills fans always find a way to make a QB controversy even when there SHOULD NOT be one?

Good post, and I agree 100% tht this is a stupid question.

It seems clear to me that the rest of this season is now a referendum on whether TE is capable of being our QB of the future. This Losman debate is over and this thread is its spasming death throes. Thats why its so vital for TE to take his injury week and then come out and finish strong. I want to know if this 1988 all over again and we have a youg nucleus to build on. I happened to beieve the NFL QB sophomore jinx is real as its happened so many times before.

Aside from knowing what we have in TE, I think fans should feel good about hanging their hats on 1 of 2 outcomes this season:

A. A 1 game (or possibly 2) improvement over last year to .500 (because c'mon who really expected much else?) OR

B. Same record as last year but beating NEw England and finally getting rid of our glass ceiling

And you can determine this after 4 games?

With Losman, the entire problem wasn't that he got pulled. Pulling a young QB can sometimes help when you pull them for a half if they are playing bad. The problem was that Losman never had the team and coaches behind him except in 2006 (and wouldn't you know, it was his best season). In '05 and '07, the coaches were consistently making him look over his shoulder. We'd know a lot more about Losman right now if dickie had given him all of 2007 to show us what he did or didn't have.

I can tell you one thing. No matter how good or bad any employee might turn out to be, the absolute worst possible way to manage them is to constantly look over their shoulder and make them feel like they are going to be removed/fired/pulled if they make a single mistake.

a) What a load of crap. (excuse) So you know that the coaches weren't behind him (did they tell you this?)and that's what ruined him :P Life is competitive, there's always someone looking to take your job, especially in the NFL, get over it.

b) As a business owner I can tell you that the worst possible thing you can do to your business is to keep an employee on the job who can't do the job.