We are 6 - 6, it's not the end of the season yet.

Chuckknox

We do?

At present, the Bills are 6-6 with the real possibility of losing the next 4 games. That means the Bills could end up with a 6-10 record.

Since the season isn't over yet, let's assume the Bills do lose the next 4.

Would you still be willing to say the Bills are better?

"It helps me prove my point when the Bills lose. So let's hope the Bills lose. There, I've made my point."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not defending DJ here but some perspective would be good. He inherited a 5-11 team which in 3 off-seasons has had 17 of the 22 starting players replaced. Like it or not, we have a better team than before he took over.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but this looks like DJ's third 7 - 9 team in a row. Against a much easier schedule. How are we actually better?

I've supported DJ pretty consistently, though I've questioned some of his decisions. I'm having a harder and harder time doing that after the Cleveland and '49ers games. You've got to at least beat the horrible teams at home.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but this looks like DJ's third 7 - 9 team in a row. Against a much easier schedule. How are we actually better?

I've supported DJ pretty consistently, though I've questioned some of his decisions. I'm having a harder and harder time doing that after the Cleveland and '49ers games. You've got to at least beat the horrible teams at home.

While you're at it, can you tell me if I can expect a white Christmas? I'll be traveling back to Chicago probably sometime around the 27th, should I plan for bad weather? :lol:

Let's give DJ some credit for putting together a good team. He just needs a few playmakers to step up and make some plays.

So what if the coaches want to take a time out to talk about a play call once in a while, that's why they have time outs.

It's still a very young team, they will get better. This year has been a very exciting year so far, a few very bad calls or/and less INTs and we would be in 1st place.

Let the coach coach the team like he wants, it's his job. Stop being so negative, it could be worse, much worse.

It is true that it could be much worse. The worst thing that could happen is if the team moves from Buffalo. It is painful to think that we have not made the playoffs in almost 9 years, but we are getting closer and certainly are a lot closer than previous seasons. If we win our last 4 games, we still have a good chance to make it as probably the last team in the AFC to get into the playoffs. If we lose one 1 of our next 4 games, then we will have to wait until next year.

"It helps me prove my point when the Bills lose. So let's hope the Bills lose. There, I've made my point."

It's already been established you want the Bills to lose. As far as you are concerned, the Bills are on course.

Me, I'm just a greedy, needy Bills fan wanting a "HOF caliber coach".

While you're at it, can you tell me if I can expect a white Christmas? I'll be traveling back to Chicago probably sometime around the 27th, should I plan for bad weather? :lol:

Why worry. Pack your shorts and suntan lotion. And when you arrive, if it's cold and snowy, look on the bright side, it's not your fault you brought shorts.

We do?

At present, the Bills are 6-6 with the real possibility of losing the next 4 games. That means the Bills could end up with a 6-10 record.

Since the season isn't over yet, let's assume the Bills do lose the next 4.

Would you still be willing to say the Bills are better?

All this from my response to....

He's destroyed this team in a very short time......

All I was after was some perspective from the 'sky is falling' crowd.

Let's say we do end up 6-10 or 7-9. Are the Bills a better team than the one that went 5-11? Hell Yes!

Better at DT, MLB, OLB, SS, LCB, LT, LG, RG, RT, RB, WR1.....with still a hope at QB....and only worse at RCB(unless McKelvin shows himself a star).

Anyone who realistically looks at the team from 2005 & the team from 2008 & thinks we have less talent is not looking at things clearly IMO.

*Keep in mind that in no way am I saying that DJ has done a good job as a HC......I've simply been pointing out that a comment of "He's destroyed this team" is not correct.*

All this from my response to....

Let's say we do end up 6-10 or 7-9. Are the Bills a better team than the one that went 5-11? Hell Yes!

Better at DT, MLB, OLB, SS, LCB, LT, LG, RG, RT, RB, WR1.....with still a hope at QB....and only worse at RCB(unless McKelvin shows himself a star).

Anyone who realistically looks at the team from 2005 & the team from 2008 & thinks we have less talent is not looking at things clearly IMO.

*Keep in mind that in no way am I saying that DJ has done a good job as a HC......I've simply been pointing out that a comment of "He's destroyed this team" is not correct.*

You are splitting hairs if you want to compare our team being better than the one in 2005. We had a horrible JP Losman and a marginal Kelly Holcomb as our quarterbacks. Spikes went down with a torn achilles in week 4 against the Falcons. From their things unraveled. The point is that this year we started out 5-1 against a very easy schedule. But the team absolutely failed to build off of beating a bunch of bad teams. The easy schedule masked the coaching staffs inability to install any sort of confidence in its players that in a tough game, against a tough team that we had the talent and moxie to prevail. We went into the tank against the Fish and Jets, when the games were close. The team played tentatively, and the coaches coached scared. We went to New England, and played with absolutely no confidence. These were our 3 divisional opponents, and their was no fire from this team in any of those games. I blame the coaches for not instilling any sense of importance in these games to the players. And than to lose to Cleveland and SF at home is inexcusable. Both of those teams are pretty much talentless. And we barely played at their level because their is no standard set by the coaching staff. Both in game planning, and motivating. If we had played any other two divisions in the league this year our record would very likely be 2-10 or 3-9. This team plays with no confidence, has no leadership on the field or the sidelines, and is one of the least physical in the NFL. I blame that on the coaching staff. The talent is not great, but not horrible. They have failed to mold this team into a winning machine.

Jauron has not destroyed this team. He has failed to make it into a team. Bobby April molds his special teamers into a "UNIT" every year. I would like to see what he could do with an entire team of players. The guy at least looks like it matters to him, and he communicates with HIS players on the sidelines.

Agreed...

And I think based on where this Team was 3 Years ago, Jauron may have been just about as good as any HC coming into the situation He did...Then going through the injuries last Season, etc...He served His purpose no question...The Bills are FAR better off then they were 3 Years ago...In fact they are probably a bit ahead of where they should be...With the right HC this Year I think the Bills would be a minimum 9-3 right now...

The Bills need a Field General...A Coach that, on any given Sunday, can out-smart the opposition...A Coach that understands when He hires an OC, or when He tells His Scouts what the Team is looking for, that this Team Plays in Buffalo NY...And in order to Win consistantly this Team needs to be a dominant Running Offense...This Team needs to be physical, and this Team needs to be able to take advantage of a Home Field that can be a nightmare for opponents to come in to with the right mind set and Team design...

But anyway...No question Jauron did not destroy The Bills...He simply is not the right Man to take the next step...He can't match wits with the better NFL Coaches...He did the best he could...Now it's time to get the right Guy for the next step... :lol:

Agreed...

And I think based on where this Team was 3 Years ago, Jauron may have been just about as good as any HC coming into the situation He did...Then going through the injuries last Season, etc...He served His purpose no question...The Bills are FAR better off then they were 3 Years ago...In fact they are probably a bit ahead of where they should be...With the right HC this Year I think the Bills would be a minimum 9-3 right now...

The Bills need a Field General...A Coach that, on any given Sunday, can out-smart the opposition...A Coach that understands when He hires an OC, or when He tells His Scouts what the Team is looking for, that this Team Plays in Buffalo NY...And in order to Win consistantly this Team needs to be a dominant Running Offense...This Team needs to be physical, and this Team needs to be able to take advantage of a Home Field that can be a nightmare for opponents to come in to with the right mind set and Team design...

But anyway...No question Jauron did not destroy The Bills...He simply is not the right Man to take the next step...He can't match wits with the better NFL Coaches...He did the best he could...Now it's time to get the right Guy for the next step... :worthy:

So in other words, you want Pittsburgh's coaching staff? :lol:

Smoke another fatty Chuck. That is the dumbest post I've read on here. Jauron sucks he's a laughing stock. He's destroyed this team in a very short time and it sickens me to see this jerk and his smart ass answers to questions in the press conferences.

THE TEAM WAS TERRIBLE BEFORE HE TOOK THE TEAM, HOW HE COULD DESTROY A TEAM LIKE THAT??

Dick Jauron averages 6 wins per year in his 7 years as a coach. But go ahead and pretend liek he's just going to turn it all around and become a 10 win per year coach.

First off, I don't believe DJ put this team together, you can thank Marv Levy and Mike Modrak and other upstairs for that. Marv cleaned out most of the attitudes (Mcgahee) and brought in character players. I don't think more breaks is what we need, we need less stupid mistakes and boring play calling. If I see them to for it on 4th and short one more time and they give it to Fred Jackson up the middle again, I might burn all of my Bills gear. Especially last week, in the 2 and 3rd quarter, Marshawn was averaging over 10 yards per carry and they take him out at the goal line again? Fred Jackson has been awesome, and a great compliment to Lynch, but he doesn't have the power for that call.

Let's give DJ some credit for putting together a good team. He just needs a few playmakers to step up and make some plays.

So what if the coaches want to take a time out to talk about a play call once in a while, that's why they have time outs.

It's still a very young team, they will get better. This year has been a very exciting year so far, a few very bad calls or/and less INTs and we would be in 1st place.

Let the coach coach the team like he wants, it's his job. Stop being so negative, it could be worse, much worse.

Well... I agree with you in the fact that the season is not over yet, but that loses against 49ers and browns are bothering me right now.

But there are 4 games left and 3 of them against divisional teams, if we win that games we can fight for a wild card spot with a 10-6 record. I know this is not the best moment, but the team need us to believe, and I'll still supporting until there are no chances.

It's sad when some fans are satisfied with 6-6 as if mediocrity is something to be celebrated. Have our expectations sunk that low? <_<

Unfortunately, yes. Some people are so desperate for success, any success, they will gladly accept a failure because they found something positive about it.

But what do I know. I am just a needy, greedy Bills fans wanting a "HOF caliber coach".

First a good team can beat a good team and since this team cannot beat a good team nevermind its ineptness of beating a couple of bad teams there is nothing this team can do to make the playoffs this is the same bad team we have had for years nothing has improved on this team, not the QB, Not The recievers, Not the LIne and FINALLY NOT THE HEAD COACH AND HIS ASSISTANTS EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, yes. Some people are so desperate for success, any success, they will gladly accept a failure because they found something positive about it.

I thought your sunscreen bit was funny so let's stay with that for a second:

Do you suppose the people of Buffalo get pissed off every time the temperature dips below forty? That they throw their hands up and say, "God Almighty! This happens every year! We're good people, we believe in Jesus, and respect each other, aren't we deserving of the kind of weather Arizona gets!?"

Well, just like the weather, you can't do a damn thing about what the Bills do. If you're lucky, you can choose to move from Buffalo to avoid the weather. If you find yourself in a "desperate" situation in regards to your SPORTS TEAM, and if you're sane, you can choose to stop rooting for the Bills.

But in the meantime, being cranky all the time about something you can't control is just downright silly. Sheet or get off the pot, or else get some optimism!

I thought your sunscreen bit was funny so let's stay with that for a second:

Do you suppose the people of Buffalo get pissed off every time the temperature dips below forty? That they throw their hands up and say, "God Almighty! This happens every year! We're good people, we believe in Jesus, and respect each other, aren't we deserving of the kind of weather Arizona gets!?"

Well, just like the weather, you can't do a damn thing about what the Bills do. If you're lucky, you can choose to move from Buffalo to avoid the weather. If you find yourself in a "desperate" situation in regards to your SPORTS TEAM, and if you're sane, you can choose to stop rooting for the Bills.

But in the meantime, being cranky all the time about something you can't control is just downright silly. Sheet or get off the pot, or else get some optimism!

No, but when its the dead of winter and theres a mountain of snow and you cant get out of your driveway because the shovel you have isnt cutting it, its time to get a snowblower or a plow and see if they can't clear the driveway. Or, you can sit in your driveway, spinning your tires and going nowhere, all while saying, "just give it a few more days/weeks guys, the snow might melt and then we can go somewhere."